• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection Room: Sonic Video Archive & Critique

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i should hopefully soon have videos from an intense set i had vs Bloodcross's fox during grand finals from a tourney i went to last Saturday. I'll never probably be able to replicate the way i KO'd him on Omega Windy Hill using springing headbutt for awhile. That and i learned how hard it is to try and punish twisting fox with another hitbox.

Though reseting the bracket after going to game 5 set one, only to take him to game 5 and lose is the most heart crushing feeling. Aside from that so many times people would gasp thinking someone had died only for them to survive......never felt the crowd get so into a match i've been apart of before, and it felt good.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Thanks Sakurai, for adding a mechanic that is supposed to indicate death that isn't always correct, or the outcome leads to the result without said effect.

Consistency.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yea up b oos as a punish is an option just it would probably be best used when your cornered at the ledge. And the knockback on the spring itself from my experience does get stronger. As i can consistently KO people off screen with it. I mainly like springing headbutt vs fox and ZSS mainly because they love to junp and play footsies so i can get free up b to bair/fair hits. Though we were both playing sloppy at times, i hadn't used customs in awhile so i was mainly using a lot of my auto pilot combo's. If only we had 1231. Hammer spin dash to springing headbutt bair is a true combo that can basically staircase someone to the upper corner and KO at like 100

Tstyle

Smash Rookie
I made a little Combo/Highlight video.
I hope you enjoy it! :)

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd say it's better to actually list your tag and not "Myself" to make it easier to copy/paste, but uh… @Phoenix_Dark isn't exactly present so…

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
vs the Ness after going for bairs offstage (which he always airdodged) you could've fastfallen and done a fair to hit him after he airdodged past you and probably stage spike him. Saw the same situation enough times to make me comment. Great mix-ups and footsies, try adding rar bair to your gameplay and you'll have a solid punish for people trying to wall you with aerials/jumping to avoid spindash.
Also at low percents if you know they're going to airdodge after your up throw just bair, hits perfectly if they airdodge. And could've done much more after the spindash-->footstools you got, @Espy Rose knows the mechanics of what to do from that.

You're set vs shin...wayyyy to much spindash. I think game 3/4 on bf you stopped spindashing because bf wouldn't allow it and you played alot better. Versus competent opponents you can't just spin2win as you had been as your sets vs shin showed you.
You also had a bad habit of spindashing immediately everytime you got hit away.
Try playing as sonic without using spindash at all, that'll improve your approach/neutral game alot. You struggled pretty damn hard in neutral vs shin.

You're edguarding was really good overall and well as your spindash combos. Boxing was nice, remember to mix-up grabs--shin kept shielding your jabs-dtilts, and cross up ftilt is great too.

J.APS

Smash Cadet
NNID
JAPSTheHedgehog
3DS FC
4596-9572-9563
Well, I do a new video a
Combo/montage video
Hope you like it :D

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I have a new video as well... Just released my tutorial on Instant Spin Dash Jump!

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I have a new video as well... Just released my tutorial on Instant Spin Dash Jump!

The reverse is too hard for me to do but knowing me I'll probably be in the lab breaking my fingers trying to get it done, even if its just once. Thanks for sharing.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The reverse is too hard for me to do but knowing me I'll probably be in the lab breaking my fingers trying to get it done, even if its just once. Thanks for sharing.
No problem! Definitely keep up the practice. ISDJ itself isn't too bad, but I'll be super impressed if people incorporate the B-Reverse in their game. It's nuts.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
No problem! Definitely keep up the practice. ISDJ itself isn't too bad, but I'll be super impressed if people incorporate the B-Reverse in their game. It's nuts.

I can already see myself using it in my style, that's the exciting part for myself. If I can somehow pull it off I think I should be able to pull off all kinds of mind games...Endless Possibilities.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
Thanks guys, I'll focus on minimizing those errors in the future.

New Age Retro Hippie

Smash Cadet
NNID
dankmemez
Myself and the Gainesville crew were on MVG's stream last night! I did really poorly since it is the first time I have ever been in front of such an audience, but I'm going to post my embarrassment anyway.

The two games of mine that were recorded are at 1:06:11 and 2:05:50. Both matchups were very hard!! I ended up getting a lot of practice with the Fox player afterward and I'm way more comfortable with it now, but I play with the Peach frequently and I can never win against him.

Top Bottom