• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet
yeah we gotta try that. ooo yeah i found a new peach tactic against marth :chuckle: time to test it out against ether.
ETHER COME ON SATURDAY ITLL BE LESS EPIC IF U DONT GO. plus i can help u out with the doll matchup that ull be having the next day. yeah?? yeah??

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
who said anything about tiers to begin with.
ya i know, i know. i just came to a conclusion that tiers are being defied when a jigglypuff just *naturally* whoops on falcos. Such is probably the case in this discussion, but im not attacking anyone. Nevertheless, lets not let lower tiers beat falco anymore plz >.<

...hope thas not too much to ask

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
If anyone from the Norfolk side of the tunnel need a ride, let me know.

I've got my license now.

Yay!

Gas moneys? 2 dollars a person?

Get at me so I can get numbers or addresses.

Schoolie!!!! Jiggz dittos? Or at least let me get a couple sets so I can learn Jiggz better.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
ya i know, i know. i just came to a conclusion that tiers are being defied when a jigglypuff just *naturally* whoops on falcos. Such is probably the case in this discussion, but im not attacking anyone. Nevertheless, lets not let lower tiers beat falco anymore plz >.<

...hope thas not too much to ask
low tiers are my weakness

SEED

Smash Rookie
If anyone from the Norfolk side of the tunnel need a ride, let me know.

I've got my license now.

Yay!

Gas moneys? 2 dollars a person?

Get at me so I can get numbers or addresses.

Schoolie!!!! Jiggz dittos? Or at least let me get a couple sets so I can learn Jiggz better.
Wiggles--this controller rocks! My old orange one was disgusting (literally). Besides they got the paint color/tint wrong when making it, you can't beat that.

Also..on the topic of the puffball..it sucks getting rested by schoolie everyday (yes, everyday after classes I go from being happy to frustrated because of this) as Falco (or any character for that matter). *slams head on desk* (Yes my DI sucks ok?) It hurts...

- Kathleen: "That Guy"

PS: Oh yea I can't forget the coined team change! ability. :laugh:

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving by the way since I haven't seen you guys since that event before it.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Nevertheless, lets not let lower tiers beat falco anymore plz >.<
IV, Just play like Nelo and counterpick me Yoshi Story, it works.

And yeah, Wiggles if you come saturday I will make an honest effort to go over all the basic strategies with jigglypuff. Be warned: Jigglypuff requires mastery of teching, di, and spacing. Without those, you will regularly die at 60-70%... it sucks -_-

I'll post the legit "cnu round 7" thing in a bit, gonna munch on some nutter butter wafers... mmmmmmmmmmm.

AND OMG FATS, I need some sort of name for that marth mindgame, if you think of anything... please let me know, I'm quite proud of it :)

ok here it goes:

<------------ -------- ------- -------------- ---------- ------- --------- --->
----- ---------- ------- --------- ---><------------ -------- ------- ---------
<------------ -------- ------- -------------- ---------- ------- --------- --->

CNU Smash -> Round 7
December Smashfest

:bowser::jigglypuf:bowser::jigglypuf:bowser:

This will be the last CNU event of the year, everyone is welcome as usual. :)

WHEN? Saturday, December 1st

Who's hosting? CNU Smash

Where? York River West Multipurpose Room

Christopher Newport University
1 University Place
Newport News VA 23606-2998

http://about.cnu.edu/pictures/eyeCandy/campusmapLG.jpg

Why? We have no idea

START TIME: 5pm

Entry Fees: Free

Stages

Random select.
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, [DK 64, Rainbow Cruise(teams only)], Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, [Fountain of Dreams (singles only)] .

BANNED.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay.

***Mute City is legal in Singles, Mushroom Kingdom 2 is legal in doubles***

Counterpick.
any non-banned stages are open for counterpick.

----------------------------------------------------->

BRING SETUPS please :)

AIM: Truegamegenie2
Cell: 757-404-8878

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
starttime is 3pm O.o
and wtf @ the rolling **** manuver
i'm glad he didn't land it on me =)

edit: **** fats, why were you so rusty today?

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
what events will be played? will anyone money match? =]
massive friendlies are played, crew battles, doubles, anything you could think of. Also we usually dont do money matches because most of us dont have money, and if we do its going to be used for more important things......

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Also we usually dont do money matches because most of us dont have money, and if we do its going to be used for more important things......
more important things then smash?! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

wait.. girls... >.> SO can't make this one.. more or less any smash event held on a weekend. ;_;

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I'll mm any peach, falco, or marth with my ganon in a best of 3. neutrals only.

I'll also be accepting mm in dittos for the following characters

Ganon, Marth, Fox, Falco, Mario, lugi

Just post up if you want a piece

(all dittos take place on FD)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
fox dittos and marth dittos would tempt me normally but i can't come this weekend..been down with the flu and have a lot of work to make up:(

Ether

Smash Ace
Poor KP. Hope you feel better.

Also, I find it interesting that FATS, or anyone from CNU for that matter, has never asked me for advice. I don't know all the answers, but I know a little somethin' somethin'.

It's either because

1. They never thought to.

2. We're from rival schools.

3. They don't need or want my help, or they don't think I'm in any position to help them with characters I don't even use.

4. They are constantly plotting to destroy me and will feast upon my tears once they do.

I sincerely hope it is not the fourth reason.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice

Also, I find it interesting that FATS, or anyone from CNU for that matter, has never asked me for advice. I don't know all the answers, but I know a little somethin' somethin'.

It's either because

3. They don't need or want my help, or they don't think I'm in any position to help them with characters I don't even use.

4. They are constantly plotting to destroy me and will feast upon my tears once they do.

it's gotta be the 4th reason. the force is too strong within you Lando.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord

3. they don't think I'm in any position to help them with characters I don't even use.
these are the 2 main reasons, the other is because I don't wanna sound like a noob.

swallowing my pride wouldn't be too bad from time to time. I have all the necessary tech skills down with ganon (certain ledge manuevers could be more fluid, but that will come soon)

I just need experience and mind game application to improve.

but yeah, next time we fight, if you would just announce the gay ness of ganon in the ganon marth match up, I would gladly exploit it more. hopefully in the coming months I'll be getting some linguini practice at pound.

keep ****** though, you have my respect, you do rep sova afterall

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ya, i find that amusing as well ether..that people somehow assume that i don't understand their characters as if i've never played them or something...but you don't get good without both solid understanding of game mechanics and at least a little understanding of the char you're up against...that said..i was pretty much blind on the jiggs matchup till ether explained it a little to me...i've also gotten a lot better at the combos that work on jiggs..but i still really don't know what to do when i get pressured by jiggs on small stages...getting off the edge seems to be death for me a lot more often than it is for ether i think...i just need practice and to watch him play schoolie maybe a bit more so i can understand a little better.

anyways, as for me..i am for the most part only good with top 6..but i can play almost everyone except for G&W, yoshi, zelda, and samus...

anyways, i want ether training at vs jiggs and ganon with marth maybe...and i kinda wish someone would give me peach training..i'm getting a little better at it..but peach is still solidly my 5th...my falcon is becoming garbage..originally i planned to have falcon be my 2nd marth counter besides sheik but i think i've given that up; instead i'm going to pick up falco again..i notice a lot of players can't deal with falco's blinding speed.

it's kinda annoying when you work so hard to get that 2 stock using all these mind games..and then you 4 stock someone just going by rote with lasers pillaring and a mix of random upsmashes/phantasms

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet

It's either because

well my reason is number 1 cuz i didnt wanna annoy u with noob questions or something but can u help me train on fox? i want a soid fox/peach foundation cuz i dont care for sheik that much. oo yeah i wanna get some training in with marth vs peach cuz after watchin some *** vids i wanna test out some new things and see if they work. :chuckle:

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman

Poehlcat was going to ask you for advice this saturday if he showed up haha

and it's definately #1 for me >_>

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
arsenal russell is a BEAST!!!

i just feel like that ought to be true..such an awesome name..but from whence does it stem?

and i never can remember if i've played arsenal or not

oh and G&W players should all ask dean for advice...his G&W was so beast...my fox managed to barely get a 2 stock on PS..on a higher ceiling stage like Dreamland i think he'd probably go pretty even with my fox...that's kinda embarassing but he's a beast...and honestly..skill > tiers when it comes to outcomes..tiers only matter when skill levels are roughly the same..

oh btw, schoolie..i keep trying to train vs jiggs..and i 4 stock my friend's jiggs once..and then got like 2 and 3 stocks mostly...i feel like the training is pretty worthless except i'm getting better at comboing jiggs..so sometime you need to camp out at WM or something..or vice versa..i'm not sure how busy i am during exam week

i think i should be more free after this week but i'm not sure exactly...and i hate life atm...flu sucks so badly

ps- ether if i haven't asked you questions lately..it's probably cause you weren't on during my smash research/study times..so i probably just posted them to someone else who i thought competent

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet

It's either because

You always seem busy playing schoolie, or c-stick, or doubles, and never seem to have time or availability to play someone who is not nearly as good as SPD or toasty. That is at least my reason. Also you play Marth, and seemingly everyone else except IC's, though i have no doubt you could give me advice about how to move better or what the opponent might try to do to kill IC's. SO next time, i will try to get some singles with you and ask for help, or tips.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
it occurs to me that i can pay 10 - 20 dollars to enter a tourney with a chance of going out first round regardless..or i can just challenge people to money matches instead.

so anyways, .25-1 dollar money match sets..best of 5/7...issue teh challenges here.

Possible set types (anything anything, or you can challenge a specific char...i play fox, marth, falco, sheik, and peach)

also..for those low tier whores out there...i also really enjoy a good m2 or kirby match..or pikachu or ness

so anyways, send me a pm if anyone is interested....i don't really care about money..that's why i said a quarter is enough..it's just to add seriousness to the match

i want a falco set against schoolie, and a peach set against schoolie, and then a peach set against toasty i think...and maybe a fox ditto set against SPD...i also want a sheik set against jaymie's IC..though if you feel that's unfair then maybe go against my pika or something...

hmm, oh and my m2 challenges any and all falcos..that matchup was born in hell but it's so much fun!

zomg how could i forget...i want a m2 vs bowser set schoolie..it's on...i feel like since that's legit we should make it like 2 dollars;p zomgs...money is on the line lol

oh and for fats..i guess my sheik and falco would like to try your ganon in sets as i haven't played them against you yet...i wouldn't mind going another marth one but i know i'll lose that:)

anyone know anything about this?

Super Mario Smash Tourney!
Friday, 11/30/2007
7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Get your Geek On! Super Mario Smash Bros. Tournament! The best players will be rewarded with a small prize and bragging rights. The matches will be held this Fri, Nov. 30. It will be in Tyler 102 from 7-11PM. $3 entry fee and $1 for grudge matches. Proceeds support Project Mexico.

i have no clue what the rules are...alex...come inform me as i'm too lazy to go find out:)

but ya it appears WM may be having a small tourney on friday..no clue if anyone is going..i would probably go..but usually i go to a christian fellowship from like 7-8ish..so i may be late or not enter...who knows...and what's a grudge match?

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
anyone know anything about this?

Super Mario Smash Tourney!
Friday, 11/30/2007
7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Get your Geek On! Super Mario Smash Bros. Tournament! The best players will be rewarded with a small prize and bragging rights. The matches will be held this Fri, Nov. 30. It will be in Tyler 102 from 7-11PM. $3 entry fee and $1 for grudge matches. Proceeds support Project Mexico.

i have no clue what the rules are...alex...come inform me as i'm too lazy to go find out:)

but ya it appears WM may be having a small tourney on friday..no clue if anyone is going..i would probably go..but usually i go to a christian fellowship from like 7-8ish..so i may be late or not enter...who knows...and what's a grudge match?
I saw the flyers too. It's definetly smash 64, at least according to their facebook group. Probably no melee. I'll look into it more.

EDIT: http://wm.facebook.com/event.php?eid=6384012333

Ether

Smash Ace
Great. Now that I have everyone's interest in getting tips from me, it's time to start charging $10 an hour.

Kidding.

Just PM me with your questions if you want advice. Make your questions as specific as possible, and ask all of them at once.

The thing that kills me about FATS is that I know how good he is, and he doesn't know how to break this one little barrier of his... >______>

Anyway, I'm still not sure if I'm going to CNU this saturday. It's still a maybe. But let's say that I do go with Riku and Russ. I'll want to play doubles with Schoolie for at least 2 or 3 hours before I do any 1 v 1s. Will that be possible? And I will money match anyone's Marth. And if no one will accept, then I will just play you for free...

I kinda wanna sleep, though.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I hear this janx is starting at 3? Ether, if you want we could session at my place before heading over to cnu, if you get here at like 1:30 -2:00, you and schoolie can do teams with cow and myself. I don't know what your schedule is but I do wanna play some serious smash this weekend.

laterrr

Ether

Smash Ace
I really wish I could, but I work 10am-4pm on Saturday, so I'll be getting there around 5 I guess.

Dang it, FATS, we have got to play.

Top Bottom