• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

CStick

Smash Lord
god, i still need CF training, and I have to be the only Marth that gets two-stocked repeatedly on Yoshi Story no matter who I play. I'm so lame

Ether: "best in the world" lol, best commentary ever, and I was just saying ******** **** that made it worse...oops. I was expecting to get ***** in the marth dittos, but they were pretty close. We MUST play more :(

Russ: Your Peach is **** now. Good ****

Toasty: that Ness is so nasty...good ****, even without your trademark shirt

KuKu: solid falcon, but you gotta learn how to not get hit i guess, especially against peach. Fun friendlies though.

Caboose: good one match we did. We should play more, since you've gotten alot better like everyone else since O-NO's as well

Zion: We had to have played at least 50 matches, and half of them are on Toasty's PC. It was fun playing you and hopefully we can play again

SPD: nice-*** fox man. Fun playing you

Cow: *humps*

Schoolie: still hate you because of your character choice :p that **** in crews was awesome, even though our team was on the receiving end. we need to play again sometime

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
Thanks to everyone who showed up; even though I was definitely too intimidated to play many friendlies, it was good to play and watch others play vs. ppl outside their usual crews. I have a feeling that our CNU Smash-hosted "tourneys" will include more friendlies from now on. :)

Cow - ... One of the funniest things I heard all night was when you said, "You don't understand how it makes me feel when you suck me in your mouth and spit me out." I think you were playing against Pai's Kirby.
:chuckle: I think it was my Kirby too... then again, I think Meg and I were doing a Kirby ditto match that round... but still, great line of the night XD

SpeedYoshi - My ni99a, this man was clutch for our crew. Definitely a top pick for next crew battle. I'm glad I saw the potential in you from our matches before CStick scooped you up.
I totally agree; even though Pat/SPD was on the other team, I couldn't help getting excited
\( ' 0 ' )/ SPD=too good!

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Last night was too good

Ether+Schoolie- me n juan will get you back, and at tthat same time i'll take you both down in singles from lucky shinespikes =)

Russ- I need to play more Peaches, I'm a sucker for the downsmash, you're other chars were fun to play against too

Cow- haha, finally played your Peach for the first time since early september, it's too good

CStick- wtf , I think i got ***** by your marth on everystage except Yoshi Story..

Toasty- I think if I ever play your Peach, I will get destroyed, just look what happened in me vs russ =O

Riku- nice set, we never did that Yoshi ditto-next time =)

and since I've had this just sitting here while I went off and smashed, I have completely forgotten the others, so cheers to you guys

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
not enough info..was away for the weekend..but i'm guessing a player named mashi who played marth beat fats to win that small tournament? who was in it? where did people place etc?

just curious...and Cstick, did he do any pwnage?

VAromani

Smash Cadet
Thanks to everyone who showed up; even though I was definitely too intimidated to play many friendlies, it was good to play and watch others play vs. ppl outside their usual crews. I have a feeling that our CNU Smash-hosted "tourneys" will include more friendlies from now on. :)

:chuckle: I think it was my Kirby too... then again, I think Meg and I were doing a Kirby ditto match that round... but still, great line of the night XD

I totally agree; even though Pat/SPD was on the other team, I couldn't help getting excited
\( ' 0 ' )/ SPD=too good!
haha i agree on what most of pi said....and i dont think im ever going to swallowcide Cow again... or maybe anyone...:p

it was fun and thank you to the people who i did play against!!! i hope to see you and more of you at the CNU friendlies :) haha my fave match was when wiggles and i teamed up against Riku on pokemon stadium...Riku, you are such a good sport...and tooooo good at this game :D

and toasty...watching your pikachu was SOOOOOOOO much fun! haha i have got to learn how you do some of those moves, it was uber coolies *^^*

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I'm posting on behalf of toasty, here's what he sent me...

"yeah, the other thing I was thinking was enlisting the help of all the people in the videos by getting everyone's youtube names and making it available to them only before I make the thread [it'll be more massive playlists] and people with tons of videos [you'll see..........Cstick, Zion, and Spod have like 80,000 videos each >_<] will get their own playlists to make it easier. It'll also make it easier for their opponents to find their matches as they'll recall "oh yeah I had a bunch of matches against ___" Anyway, they'll help me filter through the crap and post awesome videos =D

could you do me a favor and announce that on the boards? I guess the CNU thread and O-NO's thread? Just tell people to send me a message on youtube [not a friend request..and do NOT send any SWF messages...my mailbox will definitely be filled] telling me who they are and such.
thanks man"

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
My youtube tag is Demonclown742617.

Yeah, it's lame, but I made it when I was like 13 or 14.

Get over it. :p

I'd like to see the two vids I did get because I need to find out what I did wrong [everything] and learn how to fix it.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
not enough info..was away for the weekend..but i'm guessing a player named mashi who played marth beat fats to win that small tournament? who was in it? where did people place etc?
It was single elim, i got last because i played FATS first round
placings were
1 Mashi
2 FATS
3 Cow
5 DEE!/Kuku
-gay noobs that finished ahead of me
9999 Me

Edit:
Toasty- I sent you a message over youtube =)

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
more specifics

Schoolie went all jiggs vs Mashi, who went all marth I believe.

Mashi won, (2-1 I think)

I beat cow 2-1

I was falco vs his sheik, barely won
he picked DL and ***** my ganon with peach
I picked YS and beat his peach with marth

Mashi beat my falco with marth in game one at FoD
I beat his Marth with Ganon at DL
he beat my ganon with marth at YS with a come back (ARGH)
I beat his fox at BF with ganon with a come back (hahhaa)
He beat my ganon with fox in game 5 on FD

fun tourny for the most part, the single elim was pretty much bs though, the tourny lasted an hour and half

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
if cnu was this upcoming weekend i'd definitely be down. if not then =(

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
no ether/tope or their gang? so basically just cnu people plus Cstick plus mashi? and why wasn't c-stick listed? did he not place well?

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Cstick wasnt at the tourny at cyberwocky, it was cow, spd, fats, schooliedee, me and mashi. Besides that most of the guys there were pretty new. Dee's first match up was against what appeared to be a 10 year old samus player. I actually got shamed by losing a match(not a set) against a dash attack, fsmash, counter marth. No ether/tope. Eh it wasnt bad, i had a good time.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
yeahhh girlssss. lol. jasonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. O.O we suck. =(

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
"I actually got shamed by losing a match(not a set) against a dash attack, fsmash, counter marth. No ether/tope. Eh it wasnt bad, i had a good time."

WHATTTTTT??? Marth has other attacks?

but seriously..sometimes i just use those moves..when i feel really lazy...so i wouldn't worry about it...fsmashing three times is like the ultimate mindgame...it's hard to beat:p

oh cow on a weird note..i'm starting to play peach..it's crazy but i think my peach may have surpassed my falcon now, and may soon jump past my falco to be my 4th..peach is cool..not to mention no one at WM knows the matchup;p myself included of course

Cow

Smash Apprentice
"I actually got shamed by losing a match(not a set) against a dash attack, fsmash, counter marth. No ether/tope. Eh it wasnt bad, i had a good time."

WHATTTTTT??? Marth has other attacks?

but seriously..sometimes i just use those moves..when i feel really lazy...so i wouldn't worry about it...fsmashing three times is like the ultimate mindgame...it's hard to beat:p

oh cow on a weird note..i'm starting to play peach..it's crazy but i think my peach may have surpassed my falcon now, and may soon jump past my falco to be my 4th..peach is cool..not to mention no one at WM knows the matchup;p myself included of course
There are two types of people:
people who don't know how to fight peach
people who hate fighting peach

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
And then there's cyrain, who just eats Peach. Peach vs. Peach isn't too hard to learn actually, although it's really hard to play well.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so i played some guy named crystal night or something that wa spretty good....over thenight i woudl say his falco/fox went about even with my marth
and lost to my sheik, and lost to my peach and fox...he won one match against sheik and one against fox though out of a set or so.

I also had the joy of the rist time ever being waveshine d against a wall to upsmash death as the stage disappeared...pretty awesome i have to say:) he's pretty good at waveshining but overuses it somewhat..ie waveshining my shield for pressure instead of just going for the grab intelligently:p but other than that he was pretty awesome...

his falco is pretty fast...doesn't camp, is an aggressive style using a lot of CCing...which really really threw me off..i really need to learn to short hopd dair approach.
i really need to get some experience while not trying and just experimenting against falcos..but all the falcos i play take it so serious i feel bad if i just experiment and get 4 stocked..but ya..also i still can't edgeguard fox...i suck at it with marth...SPD, come beat my marth for a bit..my marth is getting crappy..though i can still chaingrab.

don't ask me how you can have an aggressive style of CCing..but it is i swear..somehow he's always DIing down...maybe i should try that..just DI only down for a day and see when it can be useful to DI down and see when i accidentally get a CC on an enemy attack

ps- toasty and fats..how much does it cost and what is the cheapest way for me to be able to record lots of matches of myself..i want to get better..i suck at this game

Ether

Smash Ace
Ask a Falco player near you to slow down and help you train.

And go through the PC vs Ken matches and pay more attention to PC than Ken.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ya, i guess what i really need to do is just not care...but something about listening to people brag about beating me when i can 2 to 3 stock them on demand tends to annoy me...i guess i should just practice with my roommate, but there's this intense rivalry since he's the 2nd best on campus, literally any attempts to practice almost guarantee he'll beat me.

oh btw, my favorite battle format is unlimited time matches..so if we ever do training we should just do time..people look at the stock less that way and they know it isn't serious..that way i can practice...and don't have to worry if i lose 4 lives attempting to spike an opponent and failing or whatnot..but ya...so many things i need to practice..i want a perfect vs falco game..i'm good at that matchup..but not m2k good...and my marth vs ganon, jiggs, peach is very sloppy...i would pretty much bet against myself in those matchups against good players

ya but basically my roommate almost never plays me except in "set" which basically is our way of calling a legit set of matches that counts.

Friendlies don't really count much..but people still brag a lot..hell i brag...if i get a 3-4 stock;p...those make me happy...though it usually doesn't mean much..just means they made too many mistakes...i really wish to break a few bad habits i have..one of the main ones is waiting to do a falling upair during my opponents combo (to combo break it) and thereby getting comboed longer for another 30%.....but the times it gets off are so satisfying..especially if it leads to uptilt to uptilt to tipper or something nice like that;p

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
ya, i guess what i really need to do is just not care...but something about listening to people brag about beating me when i can 2 to 3 stock them on demand tends to annoy me...i guess i should just practice with my roommate, but there's this intense rivalry since he's the 2nd best on campus, literally any attempts to practice almost guarantee he'll beat me.
Pick up a few techniques from Sandbag, there's a cool playing style named after him ;)

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
haha Josh- did I even play your Marth last time you came down? I just remember playing your sheik =P

and how did a cc ***** throw you off? You've played against me enough haven't you? =P

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
falco's don't CC!!!! they re in the air lasering..who the hell CCes that much with falco!!!!

so ya that did throw me off a bit..i need to dair more..i'm going to play friendlies next week while spamming at least 5 dair approaches every life
that will be practice..i will probably do it all the wrong times and lose..but it should improve me somewhat..

Top Bottom