• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Theres little in the world of captain falcon that is more frustrating than someone ccing a raptor boost. You here it hit and feel like a total badass for landing that awkward move to realize you just get shined to pillar or grabbed. I feel your pain josh.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
let me practice techchasing your fox with sheik too when i see you next spd..that and edgeguarding him with marth from the dthrow

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
if falco and no cc, then get ken comboed.
im sure toasty will recall for you my fox treatment.
yes, i would recommend the sh fair approach for spacing and possible tippers out of opponent's caarelessness to immediately jump or attack (or cc :))

i would like to play this "other" falco that knightpraetor was telling me about
...i need good falco v falco practice and i need to know moar pplz

lets play again soon kp

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sure...next time we will hopefully have some real sets in like a week or two..what i'm thinking is after thanksgiving on monday or tuesday having a small round robin tourney at WM. lol some people are getting good; i may lose my title at this rate;p

i don't know if i'll go marth though..i'm losing my confidence in him due to repeated missed chaingrabs...but meh i still have a ridiculously high win rate against falco on FD..dunno why people counterpick there so much

and ya, i dunno when we can do this cause round robin takes so long..but it's far more accurate skill wise..forces you to know all the matchups

what i'll do maybe is just state that we're starting it and then throughout the week get people to play each other and record who won the sets...sets will be best out of 7 standard rules of course

oh and crystal you should play kitsune if you get a chance..he's beast mode..though in honesty he doesn't CC nearly as much as you..he mainly just *****, then rinses then repeats..that said i dunno how good he is at falco dittos, he lost to zion in a set i was watching him play, so either he doesn't know the matchup or zion is really good at that matchup..shrugs...i would say that falco dittos come down mostly to who has better tech skill..at least till you hit pro level..good comboing ability means that the opponent will have to outread you at least 3 times as much if they can't combo as well as you.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
yea
somehow iv decides he wants to get back into falco when i started getting pr0zors with falco.
whatever the case, i dont care really, as long as im still better than you :]

thanksgiving tourney theo? at phil's?
OMFGZ get owned roy!! rofl.

Speaking of roy, me and ptzr(the roy player) are prolly gona make the dec 29 otis tourney we heard about from Sr.Schoolie.
You guys know where the thread is for that?

P.S. Kitsune will **** you theo. The End. Game Over. Just go swallow a knife b4 its too late.. :]

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
let me practice techchasing your fox with sheik too when i see you next spd..that and edgeguarding him with marth from the dthrow
Ok, but I think I'm pretty good at getting out of tech chases, I play with Kuku and he likes to counterpick final against me nowadays =P

and
FATS- gahhhh, I wish I had beaten your falco at least once the other day(friday?)- I'll get more matches against you sometime and get at least one off of you =)

and and
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYOEN(we haven't even started eating even though it's 6pm here haha, my family eats so late)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
SO ODU Folks..i'm 10 min away..so why has no one visited me? obviously you don't love me..or call me or anything...sheesh..but ya i'm staying at a friend's nearby...pm me a # and i'll cell you...i was kinda hoping to drop by sunday and play ether and toasty and whoever else i can find.but i don't know who is around.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys should have a 5$ buy in, so I can come.

I know people need the experience. XP

Ether

Smash Ace
Tope is right, and if he's only asking for $5 per person for a truckload of friendlies, I'm game.

edit - especially since some of us end up spending much more than that when we go to Richmond/C3.

edit x 2 - of course, I'd be hogging Tope.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Tope is right, and if he's only asking for $5 per person for a truckload of friendlies, I'm game.

edit - especially since some of us end up spending much more than that when we go to Richmond/C3.

edit x 2 - of course, I'd be hogging Tope.

i wouldnt mind doing that.
btw i'd bring the chokecord get to tope 4 training.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
You guys should have a 5$ buy in, so I can come.

I know people need the experience. XP
Tope.

I get my license in like 5 days. Do you mind if I drop by one weekend with a few SoVa smashers for friendlies and massive training?

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
I have to say, it's really pretty amusing to go back and read this thread from the beginning. >_>; well, it amused me..... You get to see everyone's before&after posts on our miscellaneous tourneys and crew battles and such, and when additional people joined the thread... and reminders not to double/triple post ("edit button = top tier").... :p

...also, I haven't posted in a while, so I figured I ought to. -^^-

To the CNU Smashers: Any idea when the next tourney/smashfest might be? this saturday? I know it doesn't matter so much, b/c there are daily smashfests in PoNo :p but I just get anxious restless (unintentional shoutout to Jiggs? lol) when there isn't anything big going on.. ^_^;; Too bad we can't do it the following week, on Pat/John/my bday weekend..! Sadly, that's also cram weekend before exams start, so staying up til 3am before exam-cram-Sunday wouldn't be the best idea.

Also, Toasty~! You have to help me at the next tourney/etc. to advertise our massage services, cuz I'm nowhere near loud enough ^^; C'mon people, we know you want one... ;) Someone just has to remind me to eat/not drink Vault beforehand, cuz that = shaky Pai = no good.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
yeah this coming weekend is probably the best bet, even if people aren't concerned about using the next saturday to study for exams, its listed as a university study day, which might put a hamper on getting use of the multi-porpoise room, or the noise level that can be generated, especially right next to the study lounge.

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
yeah this coming weekend is probably the best bet, even if people aren't concerned about using the next saturday to study for exams, its listed as a university study day, which might put a hamper on getting use of the multi-porpoise room, or the noise level that can be generated, especially right next to the study lounge.
:laugh: "multi-porpoise room", "David Student Onion"... Pai <3's Cow's wild imagination (upon which the whoooooole world is based *nods*)

But yeah, I forgot about that being a study lounge... So does this coming Saturday sound okay with people?

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
this weekend sounds like fun. i'll see if anyone else wants to tag along.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Hey everyone!
Just Saying Whats up to the CNU And other college Smashers out there!!!
If any of you are going to the Otis tournament i wish Thee Good Luck And Happy Smashing(I will be there Yea!!!!!) And one more thing Mr. Schoolie when do you want that match Im about to get my car finally and be able to go there Anytime around December 9th to december 20th And if you want a match just send me a P.M. I can't Wait to fight this Legendary Jiggs That Shaeman111 has been talking About...YEA!!!
Well Anytime U wanna smash Just P.M Me and also Tell me how well I fight I need Your Opinion It would help me Since Crystalnite Said i was "the best Roy" He has every fought. And Shaeman111 Said That i have Mastered Everything about Roy. I just need A professional Opinion. But if you don't want to Critique my Roy i would understand.... Well thanks for your time CNU Smasher and i hope to see you really Soon!

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Hey everyone!
Just Saying Whats up to the CNU And other college Smashers out there!!!
If any of you are going to the Otis tournament i wish Thee Good Luck And Happy Smashing(I will be there Yea!!!!!) And one more thing Mr. Schoolie when do you want that match Im about to get my car finally and be able to go there Anytime around December 9th to december 20th And if you want a match just send me a P.M. I can't Wait to fight this Legendary Jiggs That Shaeman111 has been talking About...YEA!!!
Well Anytime U wanna smash Just P.M Me and also Tell me how well I fight I need Your Opinion It would help me Since Crystalnite Said i was "the best Roy" He has every fought. And Shaeman111 Said That i have Mastered Everything about Roy. I just need A professional Opinion. But if you don't want to Critique my Roy i would understand.... Well thanks for your time CNU Smasher and i hope to see you really Soon!
...*ehem* the only Roy ive ever fought

although you did give me a challenge

;-P

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ya i get the feeling i'm not going to be able to be there due to work..very lame..ultra uber lame sauce

but yes...sadness...go bravely in my stead crystal...try not to get mindgamed by schoolie's 4 or 5 mindgames..or just wrecked by his superior spacing..it's hard being a falco in a world of jiggs..but good luck

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
try not to get mindgamed by schoolie's 4 or 5 mindgames
Random Rests - 1
Rollout stalls - 1
Jab cancelled Sing - 1,000,000

Add it up, I have over 1,000,001 mindgames, and the fact that 1,000,001 can be reversed and still look the same gives me at least 10 more.

Ether... you should go, you'll have plenty of sleep for richmond, and what better way to prepare, than by working all night for flashy, cnu-accepted kills? There's really no alternative.

jhoxn

Smash Cadet
Currently I'm working on getting the multi-purpose room for Saturday, December the 1st. It seems that we'll get the room since no one has claimed it before 3. So I signed us up from 3-12.
Again, we will most likely get the room so...

Schoolie, do your stuff!

EDIT: It's been confirmed. ^_^

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
idk if i can come...i have regional orchestra until 6, in chesapeake...and idk what time i would get back.

AND: I will never f***ing accept that falco has an overall disadvantage towards jiggs

i mean

hes FALCO!

and i really should just be able to read the opponent no matter who he is

screw sing and rest; i have +3h |@z0|2z

Ether

Smash Ace
It was 43, wasn't it?

Unless you mean I died in 29, and then you were finished 14 seconds later.

Great match, though. I was all confident, too, like, "Man, I got this, I'm amazing with Falco."

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
yeah it was somethin like that after u took 3 of my stocks, i died at 49. that match was real fun too.

Top Bottom