• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet
hey if u dont remember me knightpreator i was the youngest kid there the peach player that u wanted to play haha. but yeah ether if u go thatd be pretty sweet and im still tryin to go to richmond on sunday just depends on what time yall will be coming bak cuz sadly i have schooll :(

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
ether, your coming with me to cnu, because your going with me to richmond that night, no breaks.
anyone else coming with me to cnu, your ALSO getting kidnapped to richmond that night.
its going down folks.

some TA players are going to be there also, its going to be a great weekend for smash.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Group Project = no Richmond on Sunday :( But MAN can I not wait for Saturday.

Ether, you must come to this. Think, not of yourself but, of the motherland... Sova. Is Sleep really going to hold you back from intense doubles practice, the day before your richmond tri-weekly debut with isra?

Cmoooooon :)

/\
|
Same logic goes for everyone else, minus the Isra part.

BUM163

Smash Lord
anyone in ny there is a weekly in mahattan 2day. if u wanna go... go 2 ny weeklys. thx n take care

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
anyone in ny there is a weekly in mahattan 2day. if u wanna go... go 2 ny weeklys. thx n take care
Funny you mentioned that. I recently found out that an Am Trac a few miles from campus runs back and forth to NY. Is there a thread for those NY weeklies?

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
sadly, PTZR misplanned again, soooo he can't make it.
but me, n sum of my crew of 15 yr old gamers r comin. xD

i can't wait!!
Round 7..... readyy??? GO!!
*Nairs*
(:

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like this is gonna be some kinda wonderful.

Can't wait to see everyone, and Good Luck to everyone in doubles today, make sure you get at least a set in with Ether and myself.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
So it looks like this is gonna be some kinda wonderful.

Can't wait to see everyone, and Good Luck to everyone in doubles today, make sure you get at least a set in with Ether and myself.
Me and Russ r gonna have to do somethin about that. It's goin down.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
fun times..came a little late...took my roommate...had fun.

had lots of sets...vs ross? arsennall russell? i don't remember? it's ether's friend..i think i started out going marth against peach..was going pretty even...then i suicided at zero and it ended a 2 stock...then went fox vs peach on Greens..kinda embarassed to have lost that...but i couldn't waveshine to upsmash today...oh well

and then i had one more marth vs peach match..this one went pretty even..i was up for a bit..then he stitched me or something i forget..it was messy..oh i also really remember this one moment when he just randomly faired forward and i jumped right into it...and i know he couldn't have reacted..and i wondered..when did my movement become so predictabbleeee!!!!..adn then died that was fun

then i went a second set against him and used sheik (got 3 stocked..SD'ed once..but it wouldn't have mattered..last life i didn't even try, it felt too pointless)...then i went falco..i probably should have won this..his vs falco game isn't that great..i made some silly mistakes though..like trying to full jump pillar instead of sh pillar...oh well..

then i went falcon..i somehow won this despite my mistakes..i'd say this is probably his worst matchup..considering i don't even play falcon but like once every 3 weeks or so...still..anyways after that he beat my falcon on his counter pick and that was set again.

russ is a beast

i managed somehow to win vs schoolie in a set 3/2..but it was so many shenanigans(i got 4stocks and 3 stocks on his bowser due to suicides)..and then finally he switched to jiggs...still i was proud of my last match vs his jiggs...was a good match...best decision i ever made was convincing the #2 at wm (my roommate) to pick up jiggs as his second...i feel like i have so much more space now..i can spam a little more intelligently now;p...oh and grabs **** jiggs
Ps- schoolie wins way too many bowser matches..thankfully none of that vs fox or falco..tech is greater than bowser..though his marth and anyone below is pretty ****

supposely kyle says i won a set vs SPD's fox..though kyle lost his? i forget though.i thought we didn't play one..i'm pretty sure we just had friendlies..i would have went all marth against his fox since my fox wasn't doing his tech right tonight.

Grats on beating my roommate in a set lol...i do think his falco was a little off tonight..he hasn't been playing him and so his jiggs has gotten a lot better but his falco was kinda bad..but your fox took out his jiggs..probably all that training with trey.

still, my roommate lost one set (2-3) to russell's peach..using everyone..and then won one using jiggs (3-2)..so i conclude that jiggs is teh ****.

ps-..is russell the peach i played last night..i swear i thought they said ross..so is arsenal russel someone else? i'm so confused..anyways i recognized the player..one of ether's friends..no wonder his vs marth was so beast..i'm really happy to have gotten to play a peach player finally though...now i can hopefully start working on it periodically when i see you

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet
hey im russ/arsenal russ whatever haha and yeah i was the peach player yesterday. it was nice sets playing yesterday. and against ur roommate i won the first set and never used peach in the second set. my hands with getting tired from float cnacelling nairs and working hard for spacing against jigggs so i was like whatever ill go fox. and last night my controller was being a *****. i keep tryin to chain grab or dash dance and it like over exerts the pressure put on it. :( but nice sets man. hopefully next tiem i can bring a different controller to show off some mind gamez that peach has (charging float cancelled bair into toad mainly):) haha keep workin at it and if u need peach training just get me one day and be like teach me.
nice games last night guyz. TEAm ho-hoes almost took down schoolie and ether haha
riku-good games last night lets work on spacing
o-no-good **** with the fox i was too amazed by it to know what to do. good luck at richmond
ether-once again ur broken but our sets got closer thats what im happy about.
fats-too bad u had to leave early i wanted to get some sets in and try our team against schoolie/ether
schoolie-still didnt play singles but we all got a dollar in crew that makes up for it. THANKS FOR THE PIZZA
knightpraetor-good games man well keep playing so u can used to the matchup
katherine/seed whatever u wanna be called-good games keep workin on that falco. learn to TECH :) ether kinda pointed that out during crews

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
hahah, so many screw ups on those crews.
i ***** that dudes fox 3 matches in a row b4 the crews. idk what happened.
that and he wasnt supposed 2 change characters. so i want my money back! >_>
and tank..... is a whimp. he plays terrible when he's nervous. and boy did yall make him nervous!!
LOL. "that falco player SUCKS!" "who does that anymore!?" "WHAT DID I JUST SAY!?"

ether was hilarious!!!!
good **** though..
my link any better schoolie? those singles were shameful :[
you miss 10000 rests, and my falco gets ***** by a bowser.
did.... not.... see... that... coming =/

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
hahah, so many screw ups on those crews.
i ***** that dudes fox 3 matches in a row b4 the crews. idk what happened.
that and he wasnt supposed 2 change characters. so i want my money back! >_>
and tank..... is a whimp. he plays terrible when he's nervous. and boy did yall make him nervous!!
LOL. "that falco player SUCKS!" "who does that anymore!?" "WHAT DID I JUST SAY!?"

ether was hilarious!!!!
good **** though..
my link any better schoolie? those singles were shameful :[
you miss 10000 rests, and my falco gets ***** by a bowser.
did.... not.... see... that... coming =/
U counterpicked yoshis story so he is allowed to change characters. not to mention russ did sandbag against u b4 the crew battle. i believe it's called MindGames

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i MM some kid at cnu called mashi but he backed out cause he's a little *****. =[

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Last night was crazy, thanks to everyone for coming out.

As I'm pretty sure everyone noticed last night, when it comes to serious play, my jigglypuff has become entirely doubles-oriented. I don't really care what happens to her in singles. Bowser's way more fun to play in singles anyways, his matchups are so hard that it makes every game really interesting.

Ether- Way to be a killer teammate! Come December, Sova will feel the pain of our currently-nameless rapefest team. Way to **** in crews!! :laugh:

O-No- So much trashtalk, so much ****, so good. Thanks for coming out, we have yet to play singles since Dallas... >_>

Russ- Sick Nastiness with Peach!... and apparently fox! Way to completely mindgame shaeman's crew :)

Riku- Good **** in singles, the jigs matchup is really difficult if you haven't played the ***** a LOT. We'll get more matches in over break :)

Wiggles- Keep up that good work. Don't forget, aggression in smash isn't always a bad thing, pressure people with relentless attacks until they back off, or at least feel threatened enough from your attacks to not run in there.

Shaeman- You have a crew o.O sucks that the first crew battle you go into was against SS. Regardless, nice playing you, next time my bowser will prevail once again :)

Again, nice playing everyone, we'll throw more next year.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sso now i just have to decide which matchups to actually learn against peach..i could learn the matchups that russell is worst at (falcon/falco) or i could try to learn the char that i actually play most (fox/marth). But ya..you play ether...so learning the marth matchup will be challenging.

anyways, i challenge you russell to a MM best of 7 $5 Gotta prove to you my fox isn't garbage..my goal of course being the critical win on green greens. I don't know when we'll get it in though..january? or maybe during exams? anyways this will give me motivation to train;p

as for training...it's hard to get in training time with you or ether..i never seem to get to play odu people much;p..at least toasty still loves me:)

but ya, you're welcome to give me advice on what my marth was doing wrong..do you remember what i did wrong to get stitched? all i remember is it hit my shield..damaged it..i panicked..and then i don't remember past that...

also sheik vs peach...i was getting ***** so badly that one..what does sheik do against peach? i'm trying to remember my mistakes..it jsut felt like sheik's ground game didn't compare...dash attacks are maybe equal or in peach's favor...dsmash kept ****** grab opportunities..i guess i should have baited more...ran up to you and jumped and tried to bait the dsmash..i sorta gave up after 2 lives of almost flawless killing though..lost my focus...it was just a mess

oh thanks for the team matches trey...i was amused at how well you made up for my constant deaths...

i remember starting out teams and trying some complex mind game on one player just to get swiped in the back by tht other player on yoshi's story..i immediately switched over to my "team" mode...spam bair..nair, fsmash..and if i get bored...run around and hide from all the nasty peaches..still we won alot..that was all you...though i had some pretty amazing kills at times..i remember at least 3 times in which i managed to kill you and an opponent..and once i got all 3 other people in the space of like 4 seconds..it was like bair...to bair to fmsash or something..i think the second bair killed you..oh well:)

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Good Times last night. Squirtle Squad **** all night :laugh:.

Ether - Good S**t as usual on teams, even though we didn't get to team up :(. Great coaching in crews.

Schoolie - Thanx 4 the 1v1's. It helped out my spacing alot. U and Ether r goin down next time. Ya'll know we had u n the ropes a couple of times.

Russ - The Fox Mindgame on Shaeman was too good. Good S**t finishing off Shaemans crew the way u did. We'll get some training in b4 O-NO's tourney and we will beat Ether/Schoolie.

O-NO - Nice mindgames in crews. They didn't kno what to do.

Shaeman- Nice Link. Try to come up with some new mindgames. We all read u like a book Especially Lando(I said it b4, the force is too strong within him). And when r we gonna see the Video from the crew battle?

KnightPraetor -I didnt get any matches in with u 1v1. U should stick with your Fox/Marth against Russ. He has my Sheik to play against, so he knows that match pretty well.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
oh i see..so riku must have a beast sheik..i want a piece..my marth will lose that matchup for sure;p not money matching any sheik vs marth though;p too scared i admit

how about ether money matches for me:)..heh no worries i'll just go fox or maybe falco or both..up for it? 25 cents to a dollar..best of 7.

CStick

Smash Lord
its like...i always miss smash when there are people I've never played before showing up :-[

Ether is a smash/commentary rapist

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet
sso now i just have to decide which matchups to actually learn against peach..i could learn the matchups that russell is worst at (falcon/falco) or i could try to learn the char that i actually play most (fox/marth). But ya..you play ether...so learning the marth matchup will be challenging.

anyways, i challenge you russell to a MM best of 7 $5 Gotta prove to you my fox isn't garbage..my goal of course being the critical win on green greens. I don't know when we'll get it in though..january? or maybe during exams? anyways this will give me motivation to train;p

as for training...it's hard to get in training time with you or ether..i never seem to get to play odu people much;p..at least toasty still loves me:)

but ya, you're welcome to give me advice on what my marth was doing wrong..do you remember what i did wrong to get stitched? all i remember is it hit my shield..damaged it..i panicked..and then i don't remember past that...

also sheik vs peach...i was getting ***** so badly that one..what does sheik do against peach? i'm trying to remember my mistakes..it jsut felt like sheik's ground game didn't compare...dash attacks are maybe equal or in peach's favor...dsmash kept ****** grab opportunities..i guess i should have baited more...ran up to you and jumped and tried to bait the dsmash..i sorta gave up after 2 lives of almost flawless killing though..lost my focus...it was just a mess

oh thanks for the team matches trey...i was amused at how well you made up for my constant deaths...

i remember starting out teams and trying some complex mind game on one player just to get swiped in the back by tht other player on yoshi's story..i immediately switched over to my "team" mode...spam bair..nair, fsmash..and if i get bored...run around and hide from all the nasty peaches..still we won alot..that was all you...though i had some pretty amazing kills at times..i remember at least 3 times in which i managed to kill you and an opponent..and once i got all 3 other people in the space of like 4 seconds..it was like bair...to bair to fmsash or something..i think the second bair killed you..oh well:)

sounds great on the money match. ummm can u make it to o-no's tourny?? thatll be the best time to get our money match in. ur sheik did decent just ive studied doll vs tope sooo much i anticipate like amazing sheik combos/tope mindgamez/needle spamming. not seeing consistant combos that usually **** me just opens me up to not feeling nervous and doing the usual game i see doll doing against tope. as for the marth matchup- its completely in the air. straight 50/50 or 60/40 in favor of marth cuz he can keep distance.

haha shaeyman-u siad u ***** my fox but sandbagging is what i do best during friendlies. if its not squirtle squad or someone equal to their play level i dont go all out. i work on l cancelling finding new combos and studying the opponent(which is how i ***** u) soo basically it was just a bad choice for u to counter pick level.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Josh- teach me the fox vs marth match-up! i need to stop getting *****
come down asap!(or if i can get a ride up i'll do that, but that's unlikely)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sorry spd i only know the vs falco matchups and the vs jiggs matchups...i don't have any good marths to play against:p but if you're just looking for how to screw over low level marths it's pretty easy..just laser camp and then nair spam them and grab a lot...oh and what i really like is that most people get stupid when approaching someone lasering and totally forget that you can reverse laser to immediate forward dash to grab...but honestly, that matchup is just camping plus grabs..and maybe a few shine spikes if you can get it...there were some good matchups in the tournament board of a recent tourney where the fox fthrows the marth off and then cc the fair to immediate jump shine

oh, and ya weirdly enough since my roommate picked up jiggs i think my new best matchup is jiggs

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
heh...money match time? best of 7...1 dollar? 5 if it's not the same day as i play russell..why risk losing ten at once..that's depressing:p not that i plan to lose..but it never hurts to be prepared.

Top Bottom