• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Long overdue shoutouts...

I wasn't there long, so it's a short list.

Schoolie: Another great friendly fest. :] Thanks for the advice on Jiggz. Maybe I can come up some time when nothing is going on, just to get extra training.

Russ: We didn't team against team **** ****. Sorry I'm not good enough for you. :p You should help me train my G&W. My spacing is a lot better, but other things need to be worked on.

Riku: Yeah, my falco almost beat you. :] We should get some more sets in next time.

That's about it, actually.

KP, I think I left before you got there, sorry man. You will get my G&W soon though.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Josh- I can handle scrub marths, it's easy as ****, it's the good ones that can 0-death me
so let me play fox vs your marth and my marth vs your fox so i can see what to do/try stuff of my own =D
probably will happen after break, unless you live/come-up to nova over the holidays

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
yeah, why did you counterpick final then go fox on marth? I told you that's the reason I ban that stage against all top/high tiers excluding peach -_-

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
heh...money match time? best of 7...1 dollar? 5 if it's not the same day as i play russell..why risk losing ten at once..that's depressing:p not that i plan to lose..but it never hurts to be prepared.
lowest i'll go is $5 and best of 5

Schoolie- being underated irks me :) falco + jiggz = supreme **** city

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
I mean, at least it's not some crazy counter-pick like I would do...Poke' Floats = my lair. BEWEAR TEH WOBUH FETT!

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i don't know what you mean patrick...I am a scrub marth..so why would you ask me for advice on how to beat non-scrubs..go talk to that peach player who just ***** me;p

but yes, ether could probably help you more..as would those DJ combo vs eggz videos that just came out..those were pretty sick

anyways..learning marth is so tiresome

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
blah, your marth can 0-death me, which means it knows how to get inside my game, which means that there is something I can learn from you on my way up the ladder to beat ether =)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
shrugs Zero to deaths are just memorization of tech skill..speaking of which ether..what do you prefer in the 30% range on no DI's..do you just go for a standard uptilt even though the fox falco can DI out (though no one ever remembers to) or do you go for the reverse uptilt that can't be DIed out of but is harder to get off in time...or do you just continue to pivot grabs till when ever...

oh and patrick i will be dropping by CNU on tuesday to pick up my GC..so we should get in at least 2 hrs then..and i want more falcon practice (how come i haven't played juan in like 2 months)...however, no taking it serious..i want to practice..ie i will probably lose.. but whatever..

also i really want falco vs fox practice while i'm there..i'm repicking up falco but my pillaring/tech skill is kinda off from not playing in so long.

Ether

Smash Ace
shrugs Zero to deaths are just memorization of tech skill..speaking of which ether..what do you prefer in the 30% range on no DI's..do you just go for a standard uptilt even though the fox falco can DI out (though no one ever remembers to) or do you go for the reverse uptilt that can't be DIed out of but is harder to get off in time...or do you just continue to pivot grabs till when ever...
I pivot grab. It's not supposed to work, but it apparantly it does for me. This means my opponents must not be button mashing shine fast enough. But if I really wanted to play it safe, I'd either reverse uptilt, which would have a higher chance of hitting them straight up and not away out of juggle range, or I'd uair to grab (you might need to sweet spot it... at later percentages, you need to not sweetspot the uair so you don't pop them too high for the grab). You should try up throw at ~30% -> nair -> dash attack/nair (DI dependent) -> continued **** and tell me if it works. Nair -> grab might work if you hit the nair just right. Hyli combo/ Cactuar combo might work here as well.

On top of a platform, up throw -> fall through the platform with an uair -> juggle should work. On the edges, upthrow -> reverse spike should work.

You can upthrow -> shield -> wait for their shine -> wait for their jump -> uair -> intelligent ****.

You can maybe upthrow -> counter. You might counter their shine and knock them off the stage for an edgeguard.

You can try upthrow-> WD back-> fully charged shieldbreaker. Wait for them to shine, then jump, then try to airdodge, then release Shieldbreaker after their airdodge animation for a nice mindgame. But they can get out of this one with like a Fox Illusion out of harm's way.

You can maybe upthrow->crouch cancel their shine->forward smash. Might work.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
pivot grab does work till 50% or so...grabs out prioritize shines.so unless they time the shine in the frames that your hands move outwards and catch the hitbox perfectly ( a 1/100000 chance) it does work perfectly...I like that a lot too.. reverse uptilt will set up earlier for the fsmash but i find it hard to do

i like the fall through platform version..i never thought of that...counter sounds a little iffy:p though falcos do tend to shine too much so i might try that;p

Hyli combo/ Cactuar combo don't know what those are..

m2k had some combo kill with damage at like 70-80% off nair comboing into fsmash..not sure how you have to make the hitbox hit though

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Pivot grab does not work until 50% >.>

Fox can straight up jump out of regrab around 30%, which is why you will see us utilt them into regrab, or start a tipper uair chain.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
edit: nvm i was misremembering..that's disappointing though..cause i definitely find reverse uptilts difficult to do until 34%, becomes easy at 36% or so

and ya basically the reason pivoting works is because the opponent is button mashing shine instead of button mashing jump...

edit: and supposedly pivots work until the mid-30s..so maybe i'll just pivot till 36 or so when the reverse uptilt gets easy

i also have trouble sometimes with missing the regrab in the percentages where marth has to turn around and run JC to get the grab...in those percentages i often uptilt (sweetspot)..though I've never actually tested as to whether the fox/falco can DI out of the re grab like you can off of a no DI on throw to regular uptilt.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Pivot grab does not work until 50% >.>

Fox can straight up jump out of regrab around 30%, which is why you will see us utilt them into regrab, or start a tipper uair chain.
its 28% I know this percent from being chaingrabbed to it so often >_>

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
umm i suppose..sometime ..but are you going to be at cnu on tuesday? i'm dropping by then...otherwise it will probably have to wait till january

ether i'm still garbage at sheik vs marth..i need so much help at that:\ on avg..sheiks that i can 2-3 stock with fox falco i barely win with marth..but part of that is the space animal advantage...still..it's rough

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
oh and patrick i will be dropping by CNU on tuesday to pick up my GC..so we should get in at least 2 hrs then..and i want more falcon practice (how come i haven't played juan in like 2 months)...however, no taking it serious..i want to practice..ie i will probably lose.. but whatever...
YES, im all for this , i need marth and especially shiek practice. Hopefully i will do better than at the W&M vs CNU crew battle where you read me all over the place. I like to think that my falcons gotten better since then and i recently started picking up pikachu, he still needs tons of work though.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
i ve seen the falcon up+b combos from schoolie. but with gannon wtf? but the only logical explanation i have for this is. "IT'S GANNON"

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Dude...i need to practice my up + B combos..i wonder how much better my luigi would get if i could like shffl bairs into up+b or something..and with marth's dolphin slash..i bet a lot does combo if you don't max space things...i'll practice it sometime..i tend to use shieldbreaker or nair for situations where i can't combo any longer..but up +B is far cooler

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
KP i will MM you whenever i see you.. b/c honestly.. CNU does not interest me atm, unless something big happens. so i'll put the MM on lay away.

Ether

Smash Ace
If everyone at CNU paid $5 for a tournament, the prizes would be huge. Even if everyone just submitted one dollar, it'd be a decent payout.

Top Bottom