• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
shrugs..who are you?

but shaman and his crew are coming tonight at 7:30ish they said

i live in 3803 Grey Fox Circle Apt. E

RobMoNeY

Smash Cadet
I'm rhan's bro and I'm in Team S.T.A.R.S

I'm not going to make it to your house i don't have a ride, but rhan, shaeman, and shaeman's cus is coming!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
The VT crew plans on attending a CNU smash sometime in the near future. Don't be hating us!
you guys are gonna drive all the way from VT??? that's kinda far. I mean I know you all are really **** good so that'd be awesome if you came through...I just hope you know that it's not close at all. And chances are there would be no money for you to win if you came. Just a heads up :)

EDIT:
also, my Ness wants all Young Links.

Schoolyard brawls are the best ^_^

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
wait. who all consists of this vt crew of which you speak?

anyone i would've met?
I personally attended a tournament by myself while I was still dating Pi. The Home Ride bus goes between Tech and CNU, so if we weren't able to drive we could take that if we wanted to pay for hotel rooms. The crew would most likely be: Chillin, EastCoastEddie, Jank, Nava, Masa, SirPsychoMantis, and me (DeliciousCake). I dunno who else would be willing to come, but hopefully everyone who attends our biweeklies hopefully would be interested.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
True, we mostly are. I personally enjoy playing Brawl more than Melee (because I don't really compare to most advanced players in Melee), and would be willing to supply a Wii or two.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
oh, so its more in the early stages? I hadn't heard anything about it, and i figured bob and/or eddie would have probably mentioned it to me if they had plans of heading down at some point.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I didn't bring it up to eddie or chillin until yesterday. Oh yeah and bob was there too, now that I remember. They thought it would be a good idea, but they seemed quite convinced that you guys wouldn't let us come. XD

Edit: Actually, it almost seemed as if most of them didn't know much about the biweeklies out your way.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
m3rc come play me? have i played you? MM? or just friendlies? shrugs if VA tech comes up i want in:p

will odu come too? or did you say that they were all retiring:p except for toasty of course..who should camp out sometime...btw, i don't mind splitting gas for good players if they want to stay the night..assuming i know them and feel comfortable..which unfortunately is mostly just cnu people that i know well enough..but I don't want to drive 4 way cause gas is expensive

also, depending on weekends sometime i could probably have someone spend the night if anyone is interested..and i'll try to come by next weekend sometime though CNU may be on spring break with no one there

Nava

Smash Journeyman
oh, so its more in the early stages? I hadn't heard anything about it, and i figured bob and/or eddie would have probably mentioned it to me if they had plans of heading down at some point.
we've had 2 biweeklies so far with brawl events. i think most of us have lost a lot of interest, or drive, to play melee. i still like it though. :chuckle:

Cow

Smash Apprentice
yeah, melee is about to be taken over. I just want to 4 stock ether once real quick before I quit it.

oh, and JV 5 stock tope.

small to do list
oh good, i was worried you might be a holdout. Whatever, let's play this week.
haha where are you gonna be for spring break? i get the feeling i might be alone with brawl down here if i stay.

M3RC

Smash Apprentice
m3rc come play me? have i played you? MM? or just friendlies? shrugs if VA tech comes up i want in:p

will odu come too? or did you say that they were all retiring:p except for toasty of course..who should camp out sometime...btw, i don't mind splitting gas for good players if they want to stay the night..assuming i know them and feel comfortable..which unfortunately is mostly just cnu people that i know well enough..but I don't want to drive 4 way cause gas is expensive

also, depending on weekends sometime i could probably have someone spend the night if anyone is interested..and i'll try to come by next weekend sometime though CNU may be on spring break with no one there
word. You're from Williamsburg right? I havent ever played you...I dont think.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hehe:)

compliments are nice..though i've gotten a lot better since ether last played me..still not up to ether's level though:( exp is > all..

however, i have matchups that i am really good at

fox ditto, fox on sheik, marth on falco, fox on falco, sheik/falcon on marth...fox on jiggs

those are basically teh only matchups that i truly have confidence in..if you play me in one of those you are likely to give a better judgement of my skill than what i would actually be capable of in a tournament

edit: and yes, i'm giving information that could help people beat me in tournaments..but i figure if you are willing to play me in matchups that i am unfamiliar in i'll be more likely to learn something new

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
fox on jiggs

those are basically teh only matchups that i truly have confidence in
Liar. My impersonation of cnu spectating at an odu/w&m smash event = :tired:

OH!

Who would be down foooor... possible smash this weekend? I know kp mentioned it and ether had his dose of boredom yesterday, so maybe we have a group? What would you guys think about it?

Ether

Smash Ace
I seriously need to team up with Schoolie. Like, bad. So I might be down. I usually work Saturdays till 4:00 pm, though, and I'm free Sunday.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
who's grim? all i know is that his tag is on my cube...
Billy. It used to be Guardian-something or another-related-to-Death. I think that's where it came from. But yeah it's Billy

ether had his dose of boredom yesterday
Ether...sorry if Caboose and I aren't exciting enough opponents for you [if that dose of boredom is referring to last night]...that's why we need to play more! Thanks for the Marth help [if this was the Pound 3 Shoutout thread I probably would have said "Tips".] I'll be way less scrubby next time. And next time I won't squander matches that I'm guaranteed to win if I just press R/L instead of trying to be flashy :(

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I'd be glad to host thursday, as long as I could kick everyone out by 6:30 pm

I have no classes, but I need to be back on campus for a meeting at 7 (which will most likely get cancelled though)

who's down.

I want to session with cow and xlax, as well as the PoNo crew.

cnu's A team all the way, let's pwn

Top Bottom