• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hell yeah crew battle SON!

let's see, we got a bigger A team now.

Myself, Schoolie, Xlax, Juan, Spdyoshi, and Cow (if he's not squandering in a pool filth and fried chicken)

can ODU get a six man team to compete??? we could come out to you guys again or throw down at the next sova tourny

edit - cow, forgive me for pulling your leg so much. you are the man and the original smash gangsta at CNU.

edit 2 - I absolutely accept any and all MM against my ganon as long as there are no stock disadvantages or gay level rules.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Seeing as schoolie's told me I'm part of the crew too, I'd better get out of williamsburg and practice with you guys sometime soon...

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
ugh. I don't know if I wanna do this crew battle thing again :( All of the main peoples are way out of practice. Or they stopped caring =/ Ether said he's not playing, Rahil and Eli don't really care as much anymore, and BlackG and I are both way out of practice...

So no, I don't think we could "assemble our crew". I could try though if you really want.

God****it Cow. I think I'm going to go down the street and break into the Church's Chicken and Popeye's by my house.

Also: What happened to Adwillia?

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
You still have Gum, Dean, and V. There's also Zion and Caboose.
You're sending them in against our a-team? How badly does odu wanna lose their money?

If you guys want to do B-teams again, where Fats and I play on the B-team with our secondaries, that would be fantastic :)

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Also: What happened to Adwillia?
Adwillia went from being BIG bAdwillia to small sAdwillia. he used to have mad KM practice, guess its been too long for him.

If you guys want to do B-teams again, where Fats and I play on the B-team with our secondaries, that would be fantastic :)

lol, my secondary is falco

toasty

Smash Hero
I mean...I could talk to them if you guys are really interested. But knowing Gum, V, and Dean, they will stop playing Melee as soon as Brawl comes out and I don't know if we can organize and train appropriately in the next two weeks. Dean doesn't wanna play competitively anymore, from what I understand. But I'll ask him anyway. If he's out, then I guess it would be like me, BLKG, Gum, Grim (Billy), Zion, Caboose...hmm, or V might be switched out with one of those people, but I'm not sure.

As a result, there is no B-Team. Unless it would be like the whole secondaries thing, but that's almost silly to me. We'll see...

The more I think about it, the better this sounds :)

Edit: V would totally take my place. I'm not A-Team material anymore [if I ever was] ;__;

[see what I mean??? CNU broke my spirit on saturday haha] Jaykayzies, I'm training my top tiers again...why? So I can use....Pikachu XD

toasty

Smash Hero
I've thought about this...and I'll have to see if people are even interested anymore. Most of them just play on laggy tvs at school :( Let's say people WERE interested. I don't know who would be on what team anymore...but if I had to name people for the A and B team it would be from this pool of people [no order]

me
BLKG
ndn (Rahil)
KoTR [mohawk]
Zion
Caboose
Grim
Shab (V)
Gum
The |Egg| Sniper (Dean)
mid-tier (Eli)
Crispy [who we somehow left out of the last battle's B-Team]

I'm...pretty sure that covers it. Not positive though. But that's 12 people if you want two battles of 6.

Guess we'll just have to train people against Gimp-->Rest combos. The rest of it's standard...*yawn* [lol, Schoolie started it ^_^]

OH and if William & Mary gets involved again, they're definitely playing the A-team. No more of that crap...besides, last time [because of this] our B-Team won more money than our A-Team :(

Cow

Smash Apprentice
OH and if William & Mary gets involved again, they're definitely playing the A-team. No more of that crap...besides, last time [because of this] our B-Team won more money than our A-Team :(
well, they've definitely gotten better since last time, but based on the performances in the b team crew battles, i feel i was 100% justified suggesting it last time, and that it was indeed the best course of action.

but honestly if its done again, it should be small, and low key. no a-team b-team ****e, just one team each. If people's egos can't handle it make 'alternates' or whatever.

Ether

Smash Ace
I will go to this just to watch (CNU win).

>.>

Edit - My post was a result of sheer hatred for ODU's smash scene. If ODU wins, my opinion might be swayed.

toasty

Smash Hero
This will not happen. Sorry.

And if it is, I will have no part in it. ODU's Smash "scene" is more embarrassing than SoVa's reliability in entering tourneys [pre-"SoVa B.tch Rule"] Several others seem to feel the same way. The heavy hitters at this school hate the "scene" here and stopped caring about the game or they've STOPPED playing Melee because they're going up to NoVa to play Brawl this weekend and I think the next as well and they just wanna stick with that and not eff with Melee anymore [sad, I know].

So yeah. Not happening. I'd rather just submit my flashiness record as an application to CNU's crew ^_^ SPEAKING OF WHICH! I landed a PK Toasty yesterday!!! ...but it was on ****ing NANA. God****it. The sweetest part was that I started charging the PK Flash as I was falling and then landed on top of Nana as I released the flash...it was soooo pretty =D

By the way, Cow...I was 100% with you in your suggestion about the last crew battle. Good call.

toasty

Smash Hero
I would still like to smash with you CNU peoples so I can regain some semblance of confidence >_> I'll remember to grab Juan, not SD against Spdyoshi, not have faulty button input that makes me do a laggy move against Schoolie which leaves me rested. But most of all I'll remember to KILL FATS.

Oh...and I gotta remember to play Cow at some point ^_^

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I would still like to smash with you CNU peoples so I can regain some semblance of confidence >_> I'll remember to grab Juan, not SD against Spdyoshi, not have faulty button input that makes me do a laggy move against Schoolie which leaves me rested. But most of all I'll remember to KILL FATS.

Oh...and I gotta remember to play Cow at some point ^_^
There's always the Choke Cord.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
CNU smash scene is great.

we all cancel plans with girls/class/work/life to play smash.

just yesterday I played with schoolie, pat, xlax, and juan from 7:30 - 12:30

HOLLLLLARRRRRRRRRRR

edit - cow lets get down on some smiggity smiggity sooon. (that means smash)

editX2 - I'm an idiot

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
circa 11 must translate to, i want to play smash sat with josh and come up with fats and schoolie

or maybe it's just me

toasty

Smash Hero
I wanna come to CNU this weekend, preferrably Sunday; otherwise, Saturday evening. I'll play as many games as anybody wants.
I'll try to make this :) Ether...could you possibly give me a ride? of course there would be gas moniez involved ^_^ My Marth lost all of its tech-skill and mindgames. Playing you and the CNU peoples is exactly what I need to get all of that back.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
toasty, ether; what's with the lack of WM loving..you could spend the night sat here you know..and play my roommate and ..it'd be amazing~!!!

schoolie also said he might come this weekend..but i'm guessing that will fall through..maybe i'll drop by CNU though..we'll see...i usually don't get to play long enough while i am there though:p

toasty

Smash Hero
cripes. I don't know if it's Saturday or Sunday, but one of the two days, it's the celebration for a Bangladeshi holiday. The actual holiday is the 21st, but I don't know when the celebration is, and it's either of those two days =/ I may not be smashing at all this weekend ;___;

RobMoNeY

Smash Cadet
Team S.T.A.R.S wants to go to W&M too! I think me and Rhan might have a ride up there we just need like a time and where at W&M.

Top Bottom