• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Something else might go on that I won't be able to turn away, but chances are it won't happen. In which case toasty toast will most certainly bring some of ODU's smash scene
Aaaaand fixed. We can do doubles and a mock crew battle :)

That toaster is amazing...

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
well, if trey wants to bring a cube and game, then I'd have 3 tvs, on two floors though, that's the only problem.

as long as we keep the total amount of people coming to below 10, there won't be a problem. I was kinda hoping for a mini fest though, like. hmm, maybe 4 odu/4 cnu. an extra one here or there won't effect anything either.

if there are a bunch of ODU people that want to play, I could just drive out there with a small car load, it would make more sense.

I'm checking on whether or not the meeting will be cancelled. that would clear up a bunch of quality smash time. I'm getting so anxious to play, its been since thursday for me. I have an unsatiable need to Fair spacies right now.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I have an insatiable need to get decent at this game again >_>

I'll talk to ODU peoples and clear up my evening plans for thursday. If there a significant number of people interested, then I'll ask Caboose if we can use his place. We'll figure out some way of making it worth your trip [most likely in the form of fooooood ^_^] Of course, you have 3 TVs. Caboose has 1. I don't think there would be a huge crowd of people though. I think I could manage to bring 4 including myself. We'll see ...

gah.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
well, less is more when it comes to smash, don't forget that.

basically, since I don't have anything to do thursday until 7, I could make a mid day venture to ODU toasty, and we could have a session if you can't organize anything large. maybe I could kidnap ether if he's ok with that

toasty

Smash Hero
actuallly that's one of the main things that's been messing with my smash skill recovery...toooo much smash in large groups. Not enough time to focus. Keep in mind that I have secret plans that may or may not work out. Chances are: they won't. But I'm free all day Thursday as far as I know. What time are you free? I don't have a setup here, so I'll come to your place if you wanna do a 1v1 sesh for a few hours before other CNU peoples come through :) as far as I know, Thursday isn't a great day for most ODU smashers anyway.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yeah, that's cool too. I know you can come by as early as you want to, I'm down to smash whenever.

I don't know what other cnu kids will be down. It sounds like trey wants in on the action. Cow is busy most of the day. I dont know what Xlax's schedule is. Pat is always down to play. we have some options.

I would like to play odu people though! they play cool characters that I don't get alot of practice against like falco and marth.

bringing a cube and game is no problem for me

Cow

Smash Apprentice
dear Sova:

This. This one thousand times. There's always these stupid gatherings with like 25 people and 4 cubes and it just ends up being a bunch of people playing pickup teams matches with their third string characters. And then a tournament comes around and you're all horrible at singles. Shocker.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
dear Sova:

"Linkmastersword: well, less is more when it comes to smash, don't forget that."

This. This one thousand times. There's always these stupid gatherings with like 25 people and 4 cubes and it just ends up being a bunch of people playing pickup teams matches with their third string characters. And then a tournament comes around and you're all horrible at singles. Shocker.
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, **** it cow. this is why we pay you the big bucks

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
my feelings exactly:( thus i hate teams;p excess people could always be siphoned off to my place..though i'd prefer to come if it's just 10people to 3 cubes:p

edit: was agreeing with cow of course

toasty

Smash Hero
apparently quick replies stopped working when I tried posting an hour or so ago

Cow just took everyone's pants off :( Mostly because he's right.

@Fats: correction...I don't have a TV. I have 2 laggy TVs and one TV whose AV inputs are IMPOSSIBLE [Read: way way wayyy too difficult] to reach.

I really just want a good session playing smash against ONE person...mayyyybe 2 people. From past and especially recent experiences, having one person to play against for an extended period of time in iiinnnfinitely more beneficial [to me specifically] than when even a second person is waiting. I'll be able to give you much better matches too.

And I'll play tons of Marth ^_^ Don't even allow me to go Pikachu or Ness unless you get bored of Fox/Marth and choose to play them. I'm not trying to make those characters any better. I really want to focus on Marth so that I feel comfortable with his movements because in stressful situations, I lose 90% of whatever comfort I may have had with him.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
toasty you really should drop by someday..or get a setup so we can play..or maybe i will host this weekend on friday? i'll ask kyle if that's ok..alternatively i'll go somewhere friday if there aren't too many people (read: i want to play....my general rule is that i hate standing around watching unless it's someone from WM and i'm trying to look for holes in their game to improve on so i get better competition)

anyways i'll definitely be smashing friday short catastrophe..the question is how lazy i feel and whether i feel like traveling far...thursday is sorta up in the air atm..i'll probably just stay at home..post exam/no sleep burnout

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
is smash goin down @ CNU this weekend? if so me and russ r coming along and we'll drag ether along as well.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
no smash thursday for me
class 1-215
lunch
homework
class 4-515
homework
dinner
class 7-815
homework
snack
homework
homework

(i have calc, 2 papers in english, and physics due on friday)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i'm free today for some odd reason..if anyone wants to smash in williamsburg call me or leave a msghere...

tomorrow i'll probably try to drive somewhere to play smash

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Friday or Saturday, Team STARS can make an appearance. ^-^
OH Thank God. For a second, I was worried that, arguably, the least know, least competitive smash crew in the history of Sova - possibly outdoing Team Portsmouth - may miss out on the 100% non-existent smashfest going down tomorrow :p

... we wil likely be seeing Vantage Point tomorrow night, then getting dinner... then Gears later. Looks good :)

edit: we play with anyone >.>

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
So r u guys hosting on Saturday too? If so me and Russ r kidnapping Ether(he has no choice):laugh:. and stoping by.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
It's likely, but maybe not a massive thing? We can't get the York West Multi-room with this kind of heads-up, it all depends on who'd be willing to come out.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
that is like, so cool guys!! luigi and ness and ahhH!! yahh!
its so great!

maybe...... [just thinking...]... we could do this match at CNU tonight??
just a thoughhtttttt :]

DO IT.
>_<

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
CANCELLED! CANCELLED!

Stuff came up at the last minute, Maple labs are due, Women showed up out of nowhere! CANCELLED!
rofl. I may be going to New York at the end of March. [I believe I first typed Marth]

I need Bowser training. At the same time, though, I want to try and stay home to see what kind of madness could go down on a small scale while my parents are gone. ...jk Cow. Don't forsee any more of those happening. At least to the extent that they exploded last time >_>

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ether mind confirming for me whether Mushroom kingdom 2 is legal for singles?

fats said it was, but i swear it's legal for doubles, not singles..

speaking of which fats and i played like 5 hrs today..

my conclusions:

based purely on win percentages

fats' best char is luigi

lol

but ya, basically his luigi tore up my marth, tore up my falco, lost to my fox, and then ***** my sheik 3 stock one match, then lost 2 to my sheik..

so basically he should go luigi against my marth and falco and go ganon against sheik...

vs my fox..i'd say his best bet is his falco..his falco is really good..i still think i have the edge if it's FD...but with platforms i would place a slight edge for his falco..

his ganon was ****** my marth at the beginning..but i've gotten a lot better at the matchup..i still don't like it..but it's comfortable now..that matchup makes me sweat

oh i wouldn't recommend going luigi vs falcon though fats..that matchup felt like ****..granted i barely won, but in general i felt like it was slanted in terms of speed and punishment..too easy to just dodge luigi then punish or dashdance camp for grab if the luigi tries to camp

some of the most fun matches were with my jiggs..i didn't know i had a jiggs..but i beat his falco twice on DL and then lost to his ganon...i really really really like the jiggs ganon matchup...it's so scary:p

most fun matchups of the night: falcon vs ganon....jiggs vs ganon... fox vs falco on green greens..that match was all bomb madness:) grats on your win there...you are a master of the bomb dance;) I just really liked the tension there...

and then finally, i think we had a 6 min marth-luigi matchup on battlefield
it was too good

Top Bottom