• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I'm sure we'll get another glorious session in again soon enough. I have nothing after 2 tomorrow. maybe I could drive out there with schoolie and Xlax and we could do teams or something, but I have no clue what their schedules are. otherwise, you may want to try to get the same ride here as you did last time.

This is just tentative and my schedule will most likely change because I need to enroll in one more class.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
My MWF Schedule is hell. Basically, class from 9am-6pm at night, and in no way did I intend for that to happen.

If smash does happen today, someone text me. You won't get a response, but rest assured knowing I got it.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ZOMG mindgames...my memory is bad...Daggoneit..whose G&W did i play then:\ I swear my favorite memory of that day is finishing off some G&W's remaining two stock flawless...so either i'm going crazy or maybe it was in the second set through we did..or maybe you're thinking of the second set we did...

I also remember that in one set CNU managed to force WM to go through the players twice to finish them off;p

anyways congrats alex then;p

oh and alex you really should play crystalnite, he's getting pretty good.....just call him and use my house 3803E as the location..

also, who should we use in crews..i want to get samrin back in the game

Me
Kyle
You
Samrin
Jake
Mark

or we can play for teams..but i'm playing with my m2...speaking of which kyle's peach ***** my m2 last night as well as my other char..i'm considering teaching him peach..i need more peach/ganon practice

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
CNU is already planning an event. We didn't expect Toasty to be back so soon, so we'll have a slightly different flavor to things.

HEADS UP. The Multi-Purpose Room usually housing the CNU events may not be available. In that case, we'll hold things in Spd's room. Now, don't go thinking, "man, someone's tiny *** room? Gay." Juan, Spd and I all have good sized, personal living rooms.

But if all goes according to plan, we'll just use the York West Multipurpose room.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
signing people in would be difficult too man, there is a 3 person limit per person to sign them in last I checked.

also, where would you put all the set ups? you'd have to have people in the bedroom too. either way, its looking pretty poor that I'll be able to make it to any of these events.

Juan and Spdyoshi are getting too good.

rhan

Smash Hero
Hey schoolie do you think you might be able to have a smashfest maybe Monday or Tuesday?
I have no school those days so im set.

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Pffft ken and isai? versus us? they are not worthy! Thanks a lot ether/o-no/cstick/toasty etc...SS i guess... for teaching me all that new crap i gotta work on. Maybe ill pick up a secondary???

....nah

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I would say yes, except there's a big blotch on my schedual on tuesday from death and destruction of the world via asteroid

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
KP I might fight you tommorrow at Cystalnites house so be prepared for a Marth vs Roy match!
I will also Marth ditto you.
And Roy vs fox would be nice I would also like to try my Ness vs your fox or any of your low tiers characters.

rhan

Smash Hero
Wait PTZR...I wanna come... :( im at my dad's now but im coming back around maybe three tomorrow.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
might? and why don't people call me? jeez you'd think that everyone checks these forums every 5 hrs or something...

but ya i need to study today so if this is going down i would like a phone call so i can schedule things

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
hey guys, sorry bou tthe no posting but i'd like to say that there will be a friendly smashfest THIS weekend, on SATURDAY(TODAY) at 4 o'clock P.M. It will last a while. Sorry about the last minuteness of it all, but everyone is invited to come out for friendlies and smash. I know alot of people will be at Pound 3 today, so if you are looking to play: Spd Yoshi, Schoolie Dee!, Ether, Riku, and one other person are going up to Pound 3, but there are other people looking for smashin. Here are the details:

WHAT?:CNU SMASH, FOR POUND 3 SQUANDERS

WHEN?:SATURDAY, FEBRUARY SECOND, 2008. FROM 4 P.M. TILL.....WHENEVA!!!!

WHERE?: YORK RIVER WEST MULTIPURPOSE ROOM

WHY?: BECAUSE WE CAN

everything else, you know the drill. Bring set ups if you can.

Also, sorry i can't provide directions...i dont have the link. Just look for Dee's! previous posts about CNU friendlies.

HOPE TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

call me at 703-965-1789 if you have any questions

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
shaman do me a favor and send me the vids through aim: paladin5810...but don't post them online...i was playing horribly..and have no clue how you people managed to lose sets to me...my underarmour must have been intimidating:)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ya, they are kinda sad...roy isn't quite as bad as i thought..but looking back i figured out my mistake..it was letting you camp even if i was up on damage..in reality if marth gets up at any point in the match he can camp and box roys inferior range out:\

anyways, friendlies are garbage..MM me..then i'll be able to focus more..and next time please no talking during matches...you guys are too funny..i thought i was good at maintaining focus but i'm going to need headphones

i'll do 1-$10

oh and for those who were curious...our friendlies went like this:

vs crystal

1 win marth vs fox PS
1 loss marth vs fox yoshi's story
pissed so i counterpick yoshi's myself and win..he counterpicks peach on Final D...gets 3 stocked because he tries to go out and edgeguard me and gets spiked.
play corneria fox dittos..he does really well here..i don't remember hte score..just remember i had to think a lot

vs Shaman
1 loss marth vs link
2 wins fox vs link
1 win fox vs falco
i switch back to marth for practice...lose twice more..
go sheik vs link on FD and win pretty easily (CG is broken)

vs PTZR
won on fd marth vs roy
lost on yoshi's vs roy
Counterpicked yoshi's and i think i lost again...can't really remember...
i remember that they had to end the set early because their parents came

rhan

Smash Hero
T.T man i was stuck at my dad's house i missed everything.....im gonna go sit in the emo corner now...

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
don't cry..we'll play sometime:) people dont visit me enough..i'm getting out of practice on a lot of things:\

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
ya, they are kinda sad...roy isn't quite as bad as i thought..but looking back i figured out my mistake..it was letting you camp even if i was up on damage..in reality if marth gets up at any point in the match he can camp and box roys inferior range out:\

anyways, friendlies are garbage..MM me..then i'll be able to focus more..and next time please no talking during matches...you guys are too funny..i thought i was good at maintaining focus but i'm going to need headphones

i'll do 1-$10

oh and for those who were curious...our friendlies went like this:

vs crystal

1 win marth vs fox PS
1 loss marth vs fox yoshi's story
pissed so i counterpick yoshi's myself and win..he counterpicks peach on Final D...gets 3 stocked because he tries to go out and edgeguard me and gets spiked.
play corneria fox dittos..he does really well here..i don't remember hte score..just remember i had to think a lot

vs Shaman
1 loss marth vs link
2 wins fox vs link
1 win fox vs falco
i switch back to marth for practice...lose twice more..
go sheik vs link on FD and win pretty easily (CG is broken)

vs PTZR
won on fd marth vs roy
lost on yoshi's vs roy
Counterpicked yoshi's and i think i lost again...can't really remember...
i remember that they had to end the set early because their parents came

how the hell do u have such godly memory!?!?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
it's because i have such godly memory that i can go online 40min after our matches and ask for specific advice against things that caused me problems..you should try it...it will help you improve:)

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Would a pre-Brawl Smash fest be out of the question? I've got a copy of Brawl + Wii + TV. I'm an hour south of CNU. Just a suggestion, I haven't been here or to a Smash gathering in ages. I know some of the competitive Smash scene is looking at Brawl with a positive attitude, others not. So whoever plans these, I'm in, assuming they're public, I'll check the thread from 88 on.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
man you're lucky^^^^^^^

i wanna play..so you have a full pal setup and japanese version..you are such a lucky dog:)

on a side note: mango ***** pound 3

ie no more johns trey..you gotta pick it up and represent;-)

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
With that logic, all jigglypuff players became simultaneously better after mango won pound3 :p

And keep in mind, Mango lost to Vist and his flashy luigi... if only vist made brackets :\. I dunno though, I really didn't want mango to win, I was pulling for Hax and Cort all weekend.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
it has begun..i have forced my roommate to pick up link..and will teach him roy shortly..so the only solution is...more money matches!!!

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
i have forced my roommate to pick up link..and will teach him roy shortly
The Introduction to Advanced Smash:

-Bill buys Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Bill discovers link's up-b and Roy's fsmash
-Bill uses these characters because his tactics are effective against Level 9's and all of his friends
-Bill gets ***** when his 3-yeah-old sister plays sheik -- this intrigues Bill
-Bill plays sheik
-Bill ***** his friends
-Bill thinks he's the ****
-Bill's sheik gets ***** by anyone not terrible at smash
-Bill realizes that he may actually need to predict his opponent and, when the time is right, manipulate them
-Bill stops using link and roy, but keeps sheik as a secondary
-Bill starts his journey to being not-terrible at smash.

KP, you're going backwards :p

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
nah, he's starting here:

-Bill realizes that he may actually need to predict his opponent and, when the time is right, manipulate them

but instead of predicting, he's manipulating them at the start >_>

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
BS, the next tourney is this weekend at my place. everyone who has posted in the last 2 pages should come.

serpent should bring his brawl set up.
me and kp would play like 5 matches, me and PTZR i dont think have ever played so we need to atleast get a 3-5 set.

i also need to **** crystal in 3rd strike. (MM?)

Top Bottom