• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
haha poor pikachu could do with out the hatin'. :D

he gets called electric rat already :p
lol, my trash talk is always directed in a manner that commands top notch performances aimed at shutting me the **** up. Hopefully my characters will pull through and prove themselves to me =D

EDIT:
Schoolie, I know that both of my characters can upB to anywhere through the stage. though now that I think about it, I keep fearing Jiggz's fsmash for some reason...and rollouts??? hmmmmm..I'll have to reconsider this one.

jhoxn

Smash Cadet
Just a quick announcement, we might be holding friendlies on Saturday (a 100% chance, I just need to confirm that I can get the room first) here at CNU.

If you'd like to join us that would be great. There has also been talk of a possible "Turkey Tourney". I'll explain more about this as it develops.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
throw -> dash attack on floaties.

fthrow -> WD -> fsmash is where it's at, lol

but if the DI away from Marth's fthrow, THEN you dash attack

if they DI toward Marth, shffl a nair -> ****

upward DI may mean a tipper or at least a juggle from uairs and fairs.

no DI or downward DI: your choice of either ken combo or WD -> fsmash

ya i was just curious if dash attack set up at all well..i don't really use dash attacks out of throws..in fact..i don't think i've ever used a dash attack out of throw; nair? there is actually a place where i'm going to prefer nair to a fair? will have to try thta out sometime too..anyways, exam in 3hrs so whee

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
heh but it's rare in a combo is what i meant...usually fair combos a lot better...nair is for like killing..and like sidesteppers..and in the m2k 70-80%+ fastfaller combo to fsmash (one of m2k's many zero to death's)..though one that i never use...too hard to hit the nair just right.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
cnu acm is planning on throwing a smash tournament this friday at cyberwocky, $10 entry fee and 30% venue (i think)
details are still coming through, but i'm trying to hijack control of rules and brackets. More on this as I get it.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
mmmmmzzz yayuhhhzzz, lookit Ness's sexy ***. Lyin down like that...looking at you ever so lovingly...like he's about to **** you. ^_~

IT'S HANDBANANA UP IN THIS B!

As for thursday, I would kindly request a small showing. The location greatly depends on how many people are coming. At the absolute least I'd like for Fats and Schoolie to come over, since they're the people I've talked to about this. If it's any more than that or maybe more than one extra person, it would have to be at a different place.

I also want to keep it small so we can maximize the benefits of training =D As for who you'll be playing against...if it's at Dean's place, then it will just be me and him [you can get your rematch Fats! and I can get mine ^_^] If it's anywhere else, it will hopefully include Kits, ndn, and KotR [er...Jason, Rahil, Ivar] and I would love to see any of the other A-Team guys from CNU (ADWILLIAAAAAA!!!)

**** will be epic.

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
umm, people who need to get to play more at these things..jaymie, piper, sanchez - marth player...

it just seemed like they didn't play many matches...
Heh, yeah.... I do need/want to get in some more matches... especially now that I've had a slight taste of Ganon-play...... rawr, my "Ganon" vs. the Lvl 9.... it was bound to happen, like in the 2nd tourney, when I got 1) paired w/ Fats in doubles, and 2) had to play my first 2 rounds vs... I think Trey and another "demi-god," lol.

But I digress. The random tips before and during my Ganon ditto match were pretty **** helpful; I think I may look into learning him.... ^_^; this time, advice tips are requested in exchange for my "illegal massages" (:laugh: Cow)

Anyway, hope to see many of you at this weekend's "Turkey Tourney" (/smashfest)!!
\( '_')/ *hooray!* \(^_^ )/ *<3 Smash!*

**Pai's GOALS for Turkey Tourney**
-play at least 3 extra matches w/ non-CNU ppl, aside from those req'd for singles/doubles
-learn new moves/combos for Peach or Ganon
-have fun doing the above 2! :chuckle:

sorry for this spazzy post; I'm just happy that I'm done w/ classes for the day ^_^;;

Hoss

Smash Rookie
heh yea pai i want to play with more non cnu ppl too, i had fun playin with other ppl like malco and them, and about this whole friendlies/trounament thing, i dont really care as long as i get to play :p , and im done with classes too :-D yeeaaaH!!!!

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
CNU Smash -> Round 7
December Smashfest

:bowser::jigglypuf:bowser::jigglypuf:bowser:

This will be the last CNU event of the year, everyone is welcome as usual. :)

WHEN? Saturday, December 1st

Who's hosting? CNU Smash

Where? York River West Multipurpose Room

Christopher Newport University
1 University Place
Newport News VA 23606-2998

http://about.cnu.edu/pictures/eyeCandy/campusmapLG.jpg

Why? We have no idea

START TIME: 5pm

Entry Fees: Free

Stages

Random select.
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, [DK 64, Rainbow Cruise(teams only)], Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, [Fountain of Dreams (singles only)] .

BANNED.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay.

***Mute City is legal in Singles, Mushroom Kingdom 2 is legal in doubles***

Counterpick.
any non-banned stages are open for counterpick.

----------------------------------------------------->

BRING SETUPS please :)

AIM: Truegamegenie2
Cell: 757-404-8878

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
sounds like fun. i'll be there again. hopefully we dont have any tards having accidents in the tunnel again.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
omg omg omg i wanna go that tourney. if it happens with good rules mashi will be there!!! ahh! <3. ps: toasty pwns <3.

jhoxn

Smash Cadet
H/O there Trey, I just need to make sure that we get the room for this Saturday. There is a high chance of getting it, but there is also the possibility of us not getting the room. I don't want people making plans and then have them crushed instantly. XP

Also, one more thing. Please bring your own controllers if you can. We did really good last time with the "controller situation" it seemed, so let's keep on doin' tha' thang.

Looking forward to playing more people in friendlies! ^_^

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet
may i suggest for the side tourny the switch tournament format. i told ether bout it last time and he talked it over with u(schoolie) and itd be a pretty fun thing to try. i also can bring a setup next time for friendlies

Ether

Smash Ace
I'll play Marth with Schoolie, Fox with Riku, and Sheik with Russ.

If Ether/Schoolie has to play Ether/Riku, I'll play two controllers.

That mess would be raaaaaaaape.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
don't forget about Pop Tart!
Which would beee............C-FALCON + FOX! YES!!!!

also: <3 MaSHi!

dude...dude...dude. You KNOW what team is going to be playing.
Team PIKA-CHU! hasn't played in far too long. Of course we'd do that team...and it would be Fox+Marth lollll

Ether

Smash Ace
Or Peach + Fox.

Toasty, i'm on campus in the library. Wanna smash?

Caboose was looking to smash with you, too, but I smashed with him earlier, so I'm not sure if he'd be up for more.

What am I saying, of course he'd be up for more; it's SMASH

toasty

Smash Hero
Or Peach + Fox.

Toasty, i'm on campus in the library. Wanna smash?

Caboose was looking to smash with you, too, but I smashed with him earlier, so I'm not sure if he'd be up for more.

What am I saying, of course he'd be up for more; it's SMASH
OMG YES I'll get on AIM and see if he's okay with it.

EDIT: he's not online...we'll storm his house anyway!!!! If ANYTHING, we can smash at your place =D

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Can I call Ether's Falcon for my team?

Ganon/Falcon makes an interesting team in that it confuses the opposing team with spacing and timing

one is fast with poor range and the other is slow with long range, so many noob mistakes are made by the opponents

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hopefully cow can get them rulings straight. =). waitttttingggg. PIKA-CHU! too good.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i'm so sad...everyone will get to game except me:(

i need so much more training...toasty sometime will you come up to W&M and record..and maybe bring ether;p i dno't even really know why i lost...however, i got at least 3 kills today duplicating things ether does..so it was nice..i still can't camp at all with marth though..i really should practice it more..i just forget..

ya..and some of you players should drop by WM sometime..just pm me and i'll give you my cell#

i always need new competition..i'm predictable and stupid. play me in marth dittos and you'll understand:)

ya i definitely should get some marth dittos in against ether sometime..i got to play him with my sheik (went well..better than i expected) and my fox..which was *****..though i might have gotten him down to 2 stock if i hadn't wasted that life..i'm impatient on PS..can't stand waiting for level changes..he punished me so fast too:) like 20 sec and whoops there goes that life..

but ya worst thing is that when you play someone better than you you get grabbed when you're not expecting it and don't di the chainthrow right...that's never happened to me before..i'm used to getting chainthrown..but usually i'm thinking about which DI to choose through it all

i think next time i play ether i will get him to play jiggs
and give me advice

or something;p

PS- waveshine infinites are amazing..i started playing with them yesterday..usually i think they are too flashy to matter..but man..that was fun

Ether

Smash Ace
PS- waveshine infinites are amazing..i started playing with them yesterday..usually i think they are too flashy to matter..but man..that was fun
I said the same thing to myself in October of 2005, and that was around the time I started getting good.

I predict knightpraetor becoming ridiculously good.

Josh, I'll be more than happy to play you in Marth dittos as well as Jiggs, but toasty ***** my Jiggs so hard..

Man, training with Caboose and toasty was EPIC. Team matches were full of shenanigans. **** got recorded. ODU smash is too good.

Fats - I can't wait to team with you in Ganon/Falcon, or even better, Ganon/Fox.

toasty

Smash Hero
Man, training with Caboose and toasty was EPIC. Team matches were full of shenanigans. **** got recorded. ODU smash is too good.
Don't know if I'll make all of those vids public. I'll make all of them private first and we'll decide which ones to make public. Either way I'm going to make it so that only Simna and whoever I was fighting gets to see them =D

lawl @ commentary though, I think I HAVE to post that one because Ether is the best MLG commentator evaaaa...will do that soon =D

lvl 6. CPU teammate is broken!!!

Ether

Smash Ace
Hellz yeah, level 6 all the way!

and XD at my commentary.

"Toasty's going for an uptilt. An uptilt is when you slightly hold up on the control stick and press the A button."

Top Bottom