• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui Presents: Christmas Smash Bash @ Dr X's [Brawl + 64]

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
wow, this is still going on...
if we ARE getting decieved into paying chi and Dr. X money, then owell. Guess we lost five bucks. You didnt.

edit: God Kais would **** you

Doctor X

Smash Lord
EDIT: Lawlz Kel's such a pansy. That doesn't surprise me.
Despite what you may think trying to bully people is not exactly noble so get over yourself and drop it.

Also I haven't done anything wrong, go ahead seek action from mods. I'll retract what I said despite it not being a physical threat in anyway when Kel's done being offensive and apologizes for telling me to shut up and such. Simple enough?
I didn't say you made the threats on smashboards, but threats were made and that is not going to stand.

nojoes

Smash Ace
if we ARE getting decieved into paying chi and Dr. X money, then owell. Guess we lost five bucks. You didnt.

I'll take a $50 side bet with you if we do the match =P

No, dude, if Kel had it his way this would be war. I'd rather avoid that. So drop it. Despite what you may think trying to bully people is not exactly noble so get over yourself and drop it.

I didn't say you made the threats on smashboards, but threats were made and that is not going to stand.
Hahah oh really? Well then quit being Kels' mother and let the big boy make his own decisions, I'm all for whatever Kel has in mind. You aren't our keeper, why don't you just step back and mind your own business?

EDIT: Also I'm not bullying Kel or anyone else for that matter. I asked him to say what he said on the boards to my face because I'd prefer if people actually had a set of balls rather than sitting behind a computer and arguing away like they're hot shots. Internet hardasses are boring. Talking in person isn't a physical threat, it's asking someone to get out of their comfort zone and actually be a man. I never said I'd hit him or anything of that sort.

In the past? with Sliq? Yeah. I've threatened to hit Sliq. but honestly as much as people love Sliq and his massive entertainment value I've known quite a few people to really want to lay out Sliq. And that was on youtube anyways. Anything goes on youtube.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Point of interest-- You guys paid our entry fees and $15 went to chi to in part pay for the $20 worth of curry. Everything else went into the pot, though seeing as most people waived it there really wasn't anything left anyway.

I actually got screwed a bit on this deal because someone walked off with one of my controllers, so that puts me out about $25. Plus someone almost burned my house down. Twice. I guess it's worth it, though, cause everyone seemed to have a blast. :ohwell:

With curleh moustache power, no doubt. :laugh:

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Just out of curiousity although slightly off topic,

1) How many God Kais are there?
2) Crew Money match vs. my crew?
There are 3, 4 if u count the one member we are still training. Sure money match anytime, but from what it sounds, wont be for a while.

Also, Cincinnati FTW!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Hahah oh really? Well then quit being Kels' mother and let the big boy make his own decisions, I'm all for whatever Kel has in mind. You aren't our keeper, why don't you just step back and mind your own business?
It became my business as soon as it became possible that this could escalate to violence in my house the next time I try to hold a tournament for a **** video game. Now it's the mods business.

wangston

Smash Lord
That fire was the ****. It made a cool pattern on the box, Jiano has my back on that one. I was a little worried for my life when the room smelled like gas, then there was a fire. The whole house could have blown, it would have been like surfing ninjas.

But on a more serious note, thanks for hosting Dr. X the tournament was fun, cincy is really good. They make utah look pretty weak.

nojoes

Smash Ace
It became my business as soon as it became possible that this could escalate to violence in my house the next time I try to hold a tournament for a **** video game. Now it's the mods business.
Dr. X I would never disrespect your house in that manner for one and two what gives you the impression it would escalate to violence? In any case if it were to escalate to that point I would most definitely assure you that any disagreements would be taken outside away from any liability or damage to any possession or person of yours.

Edit: As of now let's say 3 @ Hilt, not sure where we'll be at a mutual tournament though.

God Kais I've got 3 to match your 3, confirm with your three and we can figure when we meet next.

Lawlz @ Smash64 picture.

clowsui

Smash Legend
ITT, someone who wasn't at the tournament complains about the venue fee and people that showed up don't give a ****.
Sliq said it best imo

Look, Dr. X and I have made this point many times: we put the money back into the pot. This is indicative of future behavior (i.e. we'll put it back into the pot), don't you think?

Also you weren't there for this but curry went + was offered to everyone. I would say that among the...11 people that ate my curry ALL of them thought it was high/top tier and, assuming they didn't bring a setup, paid an average of $3.64 each. MUCH cheaper than eating outside. I'd say that was money well spent.

EDIT: Man this topic moves FAAAST. But yeah, point still stands

clowsui

Smash Legend
That fire was the ****. It made a cool pattern on the box, Jiano has my back on that one. I was a little worried for my life when the room smelled like gas, then there was a fire. The whole house could have blown, it would have been like surfing ninjas.

But on a more serious note, thanks for hosting Dr. X the tournament was fun, cincy is really good. They make utah look pretty weak.
Wangston more Failco dittos next time.

Also Whut Whut Lasers In The Butt next time.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
more crew battles would be really really fun. Those were probably the best part of the tourney/smashfest/whatever it was.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Dr. X I would never disrespect your house in that manner for one and two what gives you the impression it would escalate to violence? In any case if it were to escalate to that point I would most definitely assure you that any disagreements would be taken outside away from any liability or damage to any possession or person of yours.
I was present for your AIM conversation with Kel, as to what gave me the idea. Even as an idle threat I'd rather not have that kind of crap having anything to do with future tournaments.

That's good you wouldn't start fistfights in my house, but outside my house, anywhere near my house, or hell, really at all... I don't appreciate very much.

I think we've reached an understanding here, though. We'll see about those future tournaments.

wangston

Smash Lord
Wangston more Failco dittos next time.

Also Whut Whut Lasers In The Butt next time.
Yeah for sure haha. Hopefully next time i'll play much betterm that was sloppy. It's not that hard to run and dair but for reason i couldn't do it, I need a good john, how about it was cold, even better jet lag haha.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Sliq said it best imo

Look, Dr. X and I have made this point many times: we put the money back into the pot. This is indicative of future behavior (i.e. we'll put it back into the pot), don't you think?
I'm not attacking or even talking about you guys. I was referencing to people that DO take the money. You guys DID NOT, therefore there is no problem. My disagreement right now is with Kel being an idiot.

l2r

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm not attacking or even talking about you guys. I was referencing to people that DO take the money. You guys DID NOT, therefore there is no problem. My disagreement right now is with Kel being an idiot.

l2r
lol

10PointlessArguments

nojoes

Smash Ace
I was present for your AIM conversation with Kel, as to what gave me the idea. Even as an idle threat I'd rather not have that kind of crap having anything to do with future tournaments.

That's good you wouldn't start fistfights in my house, but outside my house, anywhere near my house, or hell, really at all... I don't appreciate very much.

I think we've reached an understanding here, though. We'll see about those future tournaments.
Fine by me, although I do believe that you should mind your own business. Kels a grown man, let him do what he wants, especially when he isn't anywhere near your house.

I'm not retracting anything I said until Kel does, otherwise I'd be happy to see Kel elsewhere at other tournaments so we can actually talk this out rather than going back on forth on AIM or the forums.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Ok update:

All but 2 of my roomates I've spoken with and they're cool with it. I think we could make the next one in two weeks, possibly... still tentative but we'll see.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Soooo Dr. X I tried conversing with Kel and he just started resorting to personal attacks and ended up blocking me after getting frustrated, can I come now? =P

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hmmm I might enter this time with fees.

$25 is a huge turn off though.

Maybe I should save the 20 I have now?

>_>

EDIT:
lol@Kel

wangston

Smash Lord
Anything before jan the 5th when I have to go back to school would be great. Even a weekday would be fine. I really want to play the cincy people again, they are good and I want to play everyone else I didn't get a chance to play last time. I would be cool with a smashfest.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i'd even be fine with a smashfest... even a friday would be cool (for me at least). If you guys had a smashfest on a friday sometime, tac me and a few others would probably head over to it, and just go to S2D the next day

Fresh_Daddy_Normand

Smash Cadet
Yo i have a suggestion if there is another tournament we all need to make sure we pay right when we enter the house because last time there was a lot of confusion over who had already paid and who hadnt.

Kel

Smash Master
Maybe you guys could just come up the night before (Friday) and play all night, and then the tournament could be the next day (Saturday)

Also, Fresh Daddy, we'll have it under wraps next time. That Was Sui's first tournament, both attending and running. The Next one will be even smoother.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I can guarantee you that.

Next time:

1. Each event will be paid for. SEPARATELY. Prevents money confusion.
2. Everything will be scheduled. This way people will get breaks to eat when they know it plus we won't be wondering who the hell is eating or not when they're supposed to be. This was a problem when I was assuming everyone was actually eating and instead were playing friendlies and I was really waiting on no one. That's my fault though, really.
3. Friendlies will not be allowed on the main floor, only in the basement. That's Brawl friendlies btw, 64 and Melee will always be upstairs.
4. $3 venue fee, each dollar being for an item (Wii + Brawl, TV, strip or extension or surge protector)
5. Larger crew battles, I promise. This will be accomplished through a schedule.
6. Earlier starting times. We will need this in order to have everything run smoothly.
7. Multi-day housing options. We will have people know more about housing situations so that they can come to Cincinnati the night before or something and not have to worry about a tournament going really late.
8. More fun, more TVs, more people, and...
9. MORE CURRY!? (a.k.a. clowsui's extra sheisty fee waiving methods!?)

Doctor X

Smash Lord
So people can move around I think I'll have the whole thing in the basement next time. We had enough surge protectors and extension cords to utilize the outlets from the ceiling lights. If we get a similar setup turnout as last time we shouldn't have any power problems.

People just need to make sure not to fall down the **** steps. That was the big thing I was worried about cause those steps are pretty steep. When people carry in setups we'll have to make sure there are two people moving each TV up and down so nobody hurts themselves.

We also will not be taking money for singles and doubles at once, and the $3 fee will be charged at the door so we know exactly how much we have from that. Again, much of it will probably wind up in the pot. Just so everyone can be comfortable with it I'll be tracking where all the money is going and who it's coming from, and I'll be sharing this information. This way there's no question.

I may spring for a lockbox as well just to be sure.

Kel

Smash Master
Doctor, just take the venue fee when you take the money for teams.

You also will want to make sure you've got plenty of singles to make change from $5 bills. And $10 bills for dividing up twenties. Unless one person pays for his team with a twenty, and then his team mate pays both for their singles entries with a twenty as well.

I'd suggest either having a word document or a notebook with entrants written down. Make columns for venue, singles and doubles. That way, everyone can pay at once

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Can people just start being nice? nojoes, it might be a good idea to stay out of this thread for a bit, I don't wanna start giving out warnings. To everyone else: you don't always need to respond to things, you can just ignore people.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll make sure all the money and stuff goes over well next time. Remind me to figure out how to fix the 64 man bracket thing before next time :p

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hehehe...wow it seems a lot has been going On since I've been Gone...hehehe Glad the arguing ceased...though it was really entertaining...I grinned while I was reading (it's just funny)...I AM SO GLAD that another Tournament is being held...the last one was so much fun. I would love for nojoes and his Crew to Come to this one...So we can have a Match up. And I wanna play Hilt...And Rowan(again)

Ummm.... If you have the tournament downstairs...PLEASE HAVE THE HEAT ON or SOMEONE BRING A HEATER...it is so COLD in that BASEMENT...MY NUTS ALMOST TURNED INTO A FUDGE SICKLE. And Please let me know ahead of time on the day that you will be having this tournament cause I MUST REQUEST OFF WORK....Thank you Pimpin!!!

Ummmm....YEAH...EXTREMELY LOUD VOICE= GOD KAIS FTW........tiny whispering sound=gunpunch ftw....

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
And Clowsui Please Make Curry that doesn't have Beef in it...Cause I missed out on the Top Tier Curry since I don't eat Beef or pork....Everyone eats chicken or possibly Vegetable Curry ...RaRaRaRaRa...---Y.b.M.

Top Bottom