• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
A fast Pikachu with a small hurtbox is appealing, and with the way PMBR has been retooling many characters successfully, they could create a very interesting character. They could even retool the self-harm into a new system. For every Thundershock Pichu does and hurts himself, he could gain Static which could power up his normals and add shock frames to his smash attacks. Using Thunder could release the charge, with no charge being the base Thunder, but a half or full charge becoming a powerful attack, creating a high-risk, high-reward character with a fast paced fight style.

Nothing really specific I know, but just sort of adding my 2 cents. The only thing I feel really strongly about is the appearance of a viable Pichu.

Agree pretty much with everything

Playing Pichu again lately in Melee I can see how different he must be played from Pikachu.
He just doesn't have the liberty of using electric attacks all that much. So the same level of stage control as Pikachu has is kind of impossible.

Maybe one of his specials or smash attacks could be tweaked into a new move. (After all, in transition to Brawl, some characters suffered some changes). So perhaps he ought to have an attack that stuns like ZSS, to represent Thunder Wave?
Having a Dair that spiked wouldn't hurt to have either (no pun intended).

A 3rd Agility could allow him to get back on the stage easier, if he's going to be knocked away early.

I mean, the idea would be to make Pichu more viable... One would have to play him smart. The hurt mechanic, in a way, is kinda related to the old P.T.'s stamina gimmick, where you couldn't freely abuse moves if you didn't want to grow weak overtime. But hurting himself was always Pichu's main trait, so he needs more rewarding attacks to make up for it. Perhaps ZSS shock effects are one way to do this.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'd rather see a Plusle and Minun duo using Ice Climbers as a base, but using the move set of Pichu, As it'd technically be a new character, and would play much differently strategy wise from both Pichu and Pikachu.

That is of course if PMBR team really feels we need another Pokemon rep after adding Mewtwo into the mix.

Still rolling with the hopes of Lyn, Saki, Sami, and Issac for my new characters.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Honestly, I'd rather see a Plusle and Minun duo using Ice Climbers as a base, but using the move set of Pichu, As it'd technically be a new character, and would play much differently strategy wise from both Pichu and Pikachu.

That is of course if PMBR team really feels we need another Pokemon rep after adding Mewtwo into the mix.

Still rolling with the hopes of Lyn, Saki, Sami, and Issac for my new characters.
Now that I can support. If Pichu comes back in any form, this is the way I would agree with. An alternate skin can be the Pichu Bros. Everyone wins.

But I would still prefer having other characters though since we have a good amount of Pokemon anyways. Issac is pretty much in everyones list. I think it is safe to say he will take a slot, assuming P:M does another character. I'm still hoping to see some more unique characters. So far Sukapon has my interest. I also support the Paper Mario idea. If I remember correctly, there was a sprite import over a character in BrawlVault. Perhaps this method can be used for Paper Mario. I believe the mod was a touhou character, but I don't remember who. Anyways, if this is possible Someone fill me in.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Now that I can support. If Pichu comes back in any form, this is the way I would agree with. An alternate skin can be the Pichu Bros. Everyone wins.

But I would still prefer having other characters though since we have a good amount of Pokemon anyways. Issac is pretty much in everyones list. I think it is safe to say he will take a slot, assuming P:M does another character. I'm still hoping to see some more unique characters. So far Sukapon has my interest. I also support the Paper Mario idea. If I remember correctly, there was a sprite import over a character in BrawlVault. Perhaps this method can be used for Paper Mario. I believe the mod was a touhou character, but I don't remember who. Anyways, if this is possible Someone fill me in.

Sukapon would be pretty cool too, and I think if I remember right, Sakurai said that Sukapon will never be in a Smash game as a character, so we won't really have to worry about him being in Sm4sh.

As for that Sprite character, I wanna say if I remember right, it wasn't really a sprite in the traditional sense, it worked using a lot of model changers as opposed to a sprite sheet, so I don't think Paper Mario would really work well that way.

I think if they worked off StarWaffle's Paper Mario and used Game and Watch as a base, they could do some pretty cool stuff, and make him appear flat like 2D artwork. It would just be A LOT of work, same with Sukapon given that neither are really humanoid, and don't have a good base to work off of for animation referencing like say Mewtwo did.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I think alot of people are stopping at "needs to be in the game as a trophy or sticker" when making some of their suggestions, and not really taking into account the work and limitations that come with the Clone Engine. I don't think it's bad to want all of these characters, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them to, but some (not all) posters in this thread seem to be looking at who fits the first guideline as opposed to what existing movesets could be expanded upon in the form of clones/semi-clones, and then looking at who can fit those play styles. With the announcement of Mewtwo we've seen the a good look at how far you can go with it, but even transcribing and recreating animations from Melee takes alot of work. I see people dismissing Pichu, but he's a perfect candidate for the limitations of the Clone Engine, as well as being the only Melee veteran who hasn't returned.

A fast Pikachu with a small hurtbox is appealing, and with the way PMBR has been retooling many characters successfully, they could create a very interesting character. They could even retool the self-harm into a new system. For every Thundershock Pichu does and hurts himself, he could gain Static which could power up his normals and add shock frames to his smash attacks. Using Thunder could release the charge, with no charge being the base Thunder, but a half or full charge becoming a powerful attack, creating a high-risk, high-reward character with a fast paced fight style.

As for other fight-styles that could be expanded with clones, I've always felt a Samus clone could be really interesting - although the FAQ has stated Samus is a little more difficult to work with, so this may not be viable. Whether it be a lighter and faster Fusion Suit Samus, or maybe a heavier powerhouse out of Dark Samus, a Samus clone by PMBR would be a real treat. Although we have the ground covered quite well with Ness and Lucas, I wouldn't mind a 3rd counterpart (similair to Fox, Falco, Wolfs dynamics), since the Earthbound kids have always been real fun to play with their versatile toolsets. There's a Ninten sticker if they wanted to hit all 3 protagonists, but even another PSI user like Paula would be fine. There are even some Project M characters that have interesting movesets to look at in terms of possible clones, such as the new Wario and Pit movesets.

Nothing really specific I know, but just sort of adding my 2 cents. The only thing I feel really strongly about is the appearance of a viable Pichu.

This is exactly how I feel about the discussion. As cool as it is that they made a 'new' character, I'd like to see some more clones of characters who haven't had a shot at it yet. Part of the reason why I love the idea of Pichu returning (aside from how much I enjoy playing him in Melee) is that he is so unique despite being derived from Pikachu. I'm interested to see what the PMBR could do to flip some characters playstyles on their head. A Samus clone (I guess Dark Samus) could be interesting but I don't know how her small file size would affect the feasibility of that. I personally think a quick but weak Bowser in the form of Bowser Jr. could be a lot of fun.

Or they could just say 'screw it' and make 5 Captain Falcon clones.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I could see Young Link with many of the Ocarina of Time moves they gave to TLink (like the dtilt), and giving TLink things from Wind Waker like the Deku Leaf, bash attacks, and stuff, And YLink with his Slingshot, Deku Nuts, maybe even the Bombchus, there are several ideas that could be used for giving him at least a luigified moveset, with different specials.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
If Shadow is somehow considered in this game(don't really care if it is or isn't), I think he'd be cool as a "heavy Sonic". Not sure how that'd work without being outright OP, but it'd be sweet.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

Hahaha, that actually made me crack up.

I like the idea of Pichu getting thunder wave, that'd be kinda cool. That mechanic where every attack that hurts him also builds up a charge is pretty sexy, too, and the PM team seems to be interested in mechanics like that (Ivysaur's Beam).

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Agree pretty much with everything

Playing Pichu again lately in Melee I can see how different he must be played from Pikachu.
He just doesn't have the liberty of using electric attacks all that much. So the same level of stage control as Pikachu has is kind of impossible.

Maybe one of his specials or smash attacks could be tweaked into a new move. (After all, in transition to Brawl, some characters suffered some changes). So perhaps he ought to have an attack that stuns like ZSS, to represent Thunder Wave?

A 3rd Agility could allow him to get back on the stage easier, if he's going to be knocked away early.

I mean, the idea would be to make Pichu more viable... One would have to play him smart. The hurt mechanic, in a way, is kinda related to the old P.T.'s stamina gimmick, where you couldn't freely abuse moves if you didn't want to grow weak overtime. But hurting himself was always Pichu's main trait, so he needs more rewarding attacks to make up for it. Perhaps ZSS shock effects are one way to do this.
(Ace Ventura voice) Three Agilities issss tooooooo muuuuuuch!
But seriously, he already has a fantastic recovery between a longer Agility than Pika's, Skull Bash, and a wallkick. (I'd be surprised if he didn't get a crawl too if possible, but that's a separate issue.)

I'd like to see some improvements to him, definitely. His recovery was already one of the better ones in Melee, so that should be fine.

I liked the idea posted earlier about building up "Static" charges by using electric moves, kind of like Ivysaur. Giving him a stun sounds pretty interesting too; his most annoying detriment for me was his range though, which led to me doing stuff like dash-jump nair across the stage ("Cannonball!")

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Okay, I'll try my best.
PAPER MARIO

REASONS:
Paper Mario hasn't been a very popular suggestion so far, but he should be. He's been the star of four popular games, games that are extremely distinct from the rest of the Mario franchise. (If you changed the characters, you really wouldn't be able to tell it was ever a Mario game.) At this point, the Paper Mario series is it's own entity, much more so than the difference between Link vs. Toon Link. So really, Paper Mario would represent his own series. The only knock I can think of is, for people who believe he doesn't qualify for his own series, that the Mario series is "over-represented" , but that simply isn't true. Wario, Yoshi, and the Kongs all represent their own series, so Mario only has 4 true representatives. This, in comparison to the seven that Pokemon has, is reasonable. So he would still only be the fifth true Mario rep, which is a fairly small number for the largest franchise in the game.
BUILDING BASE/CREATION:
Paper Mario has a unique, 2D design that would make basing him of his plumper, 3D counterpart impossible. Luckily, we have our own 2D smasher that would serve as a perfect template: Mr. Game and Watch. In fact, it's almost eerie how well Paper Mario would work as a GW clone. I mean... does this remind you of anything?

Paper Mario could be a heavier, stronger Game and Watch, with quite a bit of variation in moves of course. There's already some pretty nice looking Paper Mario models over GW in the BrawlVault. The only real projectiles he would need could be easily based off of existing articles, like fireballs/fireflower effects
Plus his model wouldn't take too much work I'd imagine, and his animations would be somewhat limited due to the nature of his design.
GAMEPLAY:
As I touched on briefly, he could have some attacks based off of GW (mostly an hammer based attacks, and other attacks such as f-smash could be re-done with a hammer) as well as incorporate parts of Mario (fireballs with an upward arc a-la GW's frying pan? A mix of GW and Mario's up-smash?) Plus all of the items, attacks and helpers from his games. (Parakarry recovery? Bombette grenades?) I'm not sure what's entirely possible, but the PMBR has quite a bit to go off of from the games, and I'm sure they could create a unique but still technically feasible move-set.
CONCLUSION:
Paper Mario has the legacy, clone-ability, and uniqueness that makes him a better choice for Project M than many characters. The PMBR could realistically do him justice, and he has a definite place in Nintendo history that this incarnation would be worth it. Overall, I hope this post makes more people reconsider Paper Mario, as I believe he would be a fantastic addition to Project M.

I love this idea. I totally forgot about paper mario. He would have such a cool move set!
I don't know if they could create him to his full potential, but he would be so fun to play as.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I love this idea. I totally forgot about paper mario. He would have such a cool move set!
I don't know if they could create him to his full potential, but he would be so fun to play as.
There's no doubt in my mind that the PMBR could do him justice. :chuckle:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have been doing speculation for Smash Bros. since 2001, and I have gotten pretty competent at an analysing what newcomers end up in Smash Bros.

I will probably go into more detail later, but these is pretty much what I see happening with the five slots:

1. Lyn:
I know a lot people are telling me she won't happen. But my gut is that they will go with her primarily due to her being one of the most popular characters that became an Assist Trophy, and being the only obvious woman newcomer they could put in.

2. Isaac:
This guy for the same reason as Lyn (one of the most popular characters that became an Assist Trophy), but has even better credentials than Lyn seeing as he is more popular, more important to his series, and would help serve to represent a new franchise.

3. Dixie Kong:
She is a very popular character and was a part of the Forbidden 7. They could feasibly use Diddy Kong as a base for her.

4. Waluigi:
Yet another Assist Trophy character. Has his fans (but also a lot of haters). I think though the team will want him in because they will want some sort of serious "troll" character to add in. I think its a bad move, but I see them going with them regardless.

5. Knuckles (or Shadow)
This is politically incorrect, but the fact is that there is a lot of furries and Sonic fans within the Smash Bros. fanbase, and that very likely extends to probably the team as well. I can't tell you how many of the PSAs that I have seen have been a Sonic character of some variety. Like with Waluigi, the idea of a second Sonic character is controversial, but I see them going through with it anyway. They will probably pick Knuckles since Shadow is divisive even amongst Sonic fans.

Other possible picks:
- Pichu: A lot of vocal support. However, I think every team member knows that this character is the single most unpopular character to ever enter Smash Bros.

- Black Shadow (and de-cloned Ganondorf): Another pick with a lot of support. However, would require a lot of work. Conservatism to keep Ganondorf as he is might prove to be the inertia that keeps this happening.

- Dark Samus: Perhaps the biggest dark horse. Really easy character to implement, could feasibly be a Samus clone. However, would be very awkward to have three characters named Samus on the roster.

- Ridley: Only happening if there is an explosion of requests for him.

I feel confident on my picks.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Actually the Paper Mario idea sounds great, and could be a very fun to play character.

- Dark Samus: Perhaps the biggest dark horse. Really easy character to implement, could feasibly be a Samus clone. However, would be very awkward to have three characters named Samus on the roster.
It wouldnt be awkward, unless were thinking like sakurai, in my opinion Dark Samus can be a very interesting characters and has a lot of potential behind.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It wouldnt be awkward, unless were thinking like sakurai, in my opinion Dark Samus can be a very interesting characters and has a lot of potential behind.
I've always thought Dark Samus, were she to get in, should have some of Samus's moves that she doesn't in Smash. The Shinespark, for example. In addition to DS's own moves, of course.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ridley is definitely the superior character choice to Dark Samus, but Ridley will only happen if there is an explosion of requests for him. I still think it will be weird to have three "Samus's" as Metroid's sole representation.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
(Ace Ventura voice) Three Agilities issss tooooooo muuuuuuch!
But seriously, he already has a fantastic recovery between a longer Agility than Pika's, Skull Bash, and a wallkick. (I'd be surprised if he didn't get a crawl too if possible, but that's a separate issue.)

I'd like to see some improvements to him, definitely. His recovery was already one of the better ones in Melee, so that should be fine.

I liked the idea posted earlier about building up "Static" charges by using electric moves, kind of like Ivysaur. Giving him a stun sounds pretty interesting too; his most annoying detriment for me was his range though, which led to me doing stuff like dash-jump nair across the stage ("Cannonball!")

Heheh, yeah you're right. I'm trying him out more and more, and his recovery is pretty darn good.

Hmmm.. That static playstyle you guys are referring to remind me a lot of Pulseman. If anyonen is not familiar with him, he's a character made by Game Freak for the SEGA Genesis. Well Pulseman could charge up electricity as he ran. Funny enough, his trademark move the Volt Tackle is Pikachu's Final Smash in Brawl (and a breeding move for Pichu).

Not sure why I brought this up, but if this "static" gameplay is anything like Pulseman's (where you charge electricity by moving around) then dang, I'd love that!
But building up electricity over time sounds cool too. :)

edit: lol'd at the Ace Ventura reference.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, Ridley would be better, but if he's confirmed for Smash 4, I'd be perfectly okay with Dark Samus.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I've always thought Dark Samus, were she to get in, should have some of Samus's moves that she doesn't in Smash. The Shinespark, for example. In addition to DS's own moves, of course.
Yeah right, She could be slower and stronger, and have a Scatter shot, the boost ball, phazon missiles, and more stuff to work with.

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad the Paper Mario idea is being well received. While it probably won't happen, I'm glad the idea and character itself is getting the recognition I feel it deserves.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What do you guys think of my predictions. I have a very strong feeling on all of them. However, I still think Waluigi and a second-Sonic character would be poor choices, especially in comparison to other characters.

I think this is the most ideal scenario (note I said IDEAL):
1. Isaac
2. Ridley (or Dark Samus if Ridley is playable in Smash 4)
3. Lyn or Samurai Goroh (some sort of katana newcomer)
4. Black Shadow (with Ganondorf de-cloned).
5. Dixie Kong

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Okay, I'll try my best.

Good work too.
That's the good stuff! Well done.
It's actually in a valuable and worth-while format that will make this thread function for some purpose, if any.

ChronoBound, could you do the same for the AW characters, with sub-divisions?

I'd actually love to see a list of Character Suggestion + Reasoning Origin + Building Base + Game-Play Concept going on here.
Get it all done in some organization, at least to speculate, because that's all this is, and it's healthy and fun! :D

To prevent the same thing from rinse-cycle-repeating in this thread, it needs some organization, and this already made Anti Guy and 820 stuff view-ably accessible and understandable in a way that won't make this silliness keep coming up without direction or further purpose.

I'm actually going to review those suggestions (Anti Guy/820) and format them better, I think. There's some things in there that are weird, like things that aren't accurate about '*insert detail* makes it easier to implement' or whatever.
You know why I'll review/fix them up?
Because they're in a LEGIBLE AND FUNCTIONAL FORMAT.
Let's do this peeps. :D
Make this thread actually purposeful and useful!

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
My character list would be:
1. Pichu
2. Paper Mario
3. Isaac
4. Ray mk III (the little robot assist trophy, imo Custom Robo deserves a proper character just as much as Golden Sun or Advance Wars do)
5. Infantry Soldier, from Advance Wars

With honorable mentions to Lyn, Ridley and especially Sukapon. Replace any of the above characters with any of these three and I'd still be pretty happy.

That said, I don't expect any of these characters other than maybe Pichu. Wishlist posts are just fun to make.

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
My character list would be:
1. Pichu
2. Paper Mario
3. Isaac
4. Ray mk III (the little robot assist trophy, imo Custom Robo deserves a proper character just as much as Golden Sun or Advance Wars do)
5. Infantry Soldier, from Advance Wars

With honorable mentions to Lyn, Ridley and especially Sukapon. Replace any of the above characters with any of these three and I'd still be pretty happy.

That said, I don't expect any of these characters to be in PM other than maybe Pichu. Wishlist posts are just fun to make.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
@Nausicaa: I really want to see your results, because then I'll have something to work from. I have a few ideas, but a template would be really cool.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
ChronoBound, could you do the same for the AW characters, with sub-divisions?
I would do that maybe if my original post on them had gotten more interest. :lol:

I basically expounded a bit on it which is to say, Sami/Andy could be made into a Snake clone, but limitations would be:
1. No 3D models anywhere of these characters for the designers to get an idea of what they look like in 3D.
2. Would need to find voices for these characters that are fitting for them.
3. Would be unable to have the Cypher as a recovery move since that is a Metal Gear object.
4. Helicopter reticule Final Smash might not be the most appropriate, a Landmaster-like Final Smash with an Advance Wars tank would be more appropriate.

Overall, aside from the lack of a 3D model and finding an appropriate voice, this would be a relatively easy character addition due to the feasibility of the character being a pretty straight clone of Snake (with a few different A-moves and probably a different recovery special).

The main obstacle I think though is that an Advance Wars character is also not as requested as several other character choices.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My favorite assist trophy was Saki by FAR. Little Mac too, but I wasn't too happy at his model, let alone the fact that he was that... an ASSIST trophy instead of a P.C.

If there's any assist trophy I'd love to play as, it'd be Saki, but I haven't given up hope on him showing up on SSB4.

Isaac is good too... but yeah.. for some reason the idea of Isaac doesn't pump me up AS much.. Unless there was something about his gameplay that was truly unique. (Rotating Djinn abilities, changing his attributes in mid-battle like in his games... Only something as complex and deep as that could make me interested in Isaac)

Lyn is.. just alright. I like her, I would ultimately not oppose her inclusion. But I seriously believe Fire Emblem doesn't warrant another character. Is she likely? At this point, as likely as anybody.

Goroh. I actually like this guy to be the new Falcon-clone. He has appeared in every single F-Zero that I know of (except maybe the one about everyone's descendants) he was an assist trophy in Brawl (who many complained didn't do the guy much justice), and he appeared in Melee's intro. Oh, and F-Zero had an anime too, and a place in Nintendoland.

Waluigi: I'm 100% sure PMBR could come up with some pretty wacky and interesting moves for Waluigi, sadly he isn't all that interesting as a character. Maybe based off Sports spinoffs. But I'm not really interested in him.

Knuckles/Shadow: I'd love to see other Nintendo characters first, but I admit I'm a sucker for Knuckles. His gliding and wall clinging abilities could fit like a glove in SSB. Not pushing too hard for him, though. This is a game about Nintendo All Stars.

Black Shadow: I have no idea why he's brought up so much. I've seen little mention of him in either SSB games. If we're going by content in Brawl, there really isn't too much in there about him. Goroh is much closer to being a character than Black Shadow.

Sukapon: He can easily borrow moves that he uses in his game, from other smash bros characters (such as Jiggly's rollout)
I like him, he's unique looking, I support him... Although I don't think he has a 3D model in Brawl anywhere.

Dixie Kong: I love the idea of a faster paced Donkey Klone, with some Diddy elements.

Andy: I'd love to see this guy being sort of a faster Snake clone, but with an added ability of sending out ONE of the infantry (assist trophy). He could have up to 2 on the screen, like Dedede. Only if this is possible of course.

-
And that's more or less the gist of what I've seen around.
I like all of the characters mentioned, despite me not agreeing with ALL of their possible inclusions.
It's ultimately up to the PMBR to decide in the end, and I'm sure anything they do will be a great bonus, regardless of wether I agree or not.

P.S. Pichu should be their #1 priority after their done with the Fatal 5 (Olimar, Kirby, IC, Samus, and Yoshi)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You missed one of the most notable characters in terms of requests: Ridley.

I'm perfectly alright with Ridley, I think they could make him unique enough.

And speaking of the helicopter's recticle.. I didn't mention it before because it sounded to me like a way complex idea.. but I think Saki's neutral B should pop this recticle in, and wherever the player aims this recticle, Saki would fire a storm of bullets.

(He would be able to roll dodge out of this move, like in his game)
THIS would seal the deal for Saki's moveset in my mind. Anything else would be unacceptable to me, lol

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Waluigi: I'm 100% sure PMBR could come up with some pretty wacky and interesting moves for Waluigi, sadly he isn't all that interesting as a character. Maybe based off Sports spinoffs. But I'm not really interested in him.

Sukapon: He can easily borrow moves that he uses in his game, from other smash bros characters (such as Jiggly's rollout)
I like him, he's unique looking, I support him... Although I don't think he has a 3D model in Brawl anywhere.

Andy: I'd love to see this guy being sort of a faster Snake clone, but with an added ability of sending out ONE of the infantry (assist trophy). He could have up to 2 on the screen, like Dedede. Only if this is possible of course.

Waluigi: http://www.youtube.com/user/marioking64DS/videos The amazing progress of this PSA is probably Waluigi's strongest selling point. Seriously, that is an amazing PSA.

Sukapon: http://legendarysmashteam.blogspot.com/2011/03/kirby-asploded.html#more

Andy: You know we don't have to stick to completely being a clone. Maybe he can borrow the Nikita and the mines, but ultimately I think he could work best getting his own moves using a wrench and some kicks, and maybe using that Advance Wars trophy assist.

Edit: Also as for Black Shadow... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa5OkdP3-r8

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I would do that maybe if my original post on them had gotten more interest. :lol:

I basically expounded a bit on it which is to say, Sami/Andy could be made into a Snake clone, but limitations would be:
1. No 3D models anywhere of these characters for the designers to get an idea of what they look like in 3D.
2. Would need to find voices for these characters that are fitting for them.
3. Would be unable to have the Cypher as a recovery move since that is a Metal Gear object.
4. Helicopter reticule Final Smash might not be the most appropriate, a Landmaster-like Final Smash with an Advance Wars tank would be more appropriate.

Overall, aside from the lack of a 3D model and finding an appropriate voice, this would be a relatively easy character addition due to the feasibility of the character being a pretty straight clone of Snake (with a few different A-moves and probably a different recovery special).

The main obstacle I think though is that an Advance Wars character is also not as requested as several other character choices.
Just because there's not 100 people quoting a 100 page essay doesn't mean people aren't getting something from it (trust me, I'm the tl;dr king)

What do you mean they couldn't use Cypher? Because it's MGS exclusive in looks? It could re-done so easily that it's not even a factor, lol.

Things that are more obscure/don't have representation, should take some decent consideration, since this is a Nintendo All-Stars game, the more franchises with rep (sources) > the more franchises have multiple rep (products).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Waluigi: http://www.youtube.com/user/marioking64DS/videos The amazing progress of this PSA is probably Waluigi's strongest selling point. Seriously, that is an amazing PSA.

Sukapon: http://legendarysmashteam.blogspot.com/2011/03/kirby-asploded.html#more

Andy: You know we don't have to stick to completely being a clone. Maybe he can borrow the Nikita and the mines, but ultimately I think he could work best getting his own moves using a wrench and some kicks, and maybe using that Advance Wars trophy assist.

Edit: Also as for Black Shadow... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa5OkdP3-r8

Those are really REALLY good! I particularly love what it's being done to Sukapon! And great news on Andy if he doesn't have to be too much like Snake. I haven't played much AW, but there's a lot of infantry units to borrow moves from. (And dem throwable wrenches).

//

Things that are more obscure/don't have representation, should take some decent consideration, since this is a Nintendo All-Stars game, the more franchises with rep (sources) > the more franchises have multiple rep (products).
This this this! I would've suggested some of the ones I have in mind, but I'm sure the goal is to go for missed fan favorites first.
Maybe someday, Mike... Someday. At least as a c-...c-........clone to Ness. >_<

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

Now that you mention it...

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I have been doing speculation for Smash Bros. since 2001, and I have gotten pretty competent at an analysing what newcomers end up in Smash Bros.

I will probably go into more detail later, but these is pretty much what I see happening with the five slots:

1. Lyn
2. Isaac
3. Dixie Kong
4. Waluigi
5. Knuckles (or Shadow)

Other possible picks:
- Pichu
- Black Shadow (and de-cloned Ganondorf)
- Dark Samus
- Ridley
I can see Lyn, Isaac and Dixie based on the number of requests. For Waluigi, I've gotta admit, when Brawl was first coming out he was first on my wish list along with classic Megaman, King K. Rool, Ridley, and I think Marina (who's disqualified from P:M). I'd love to play as Waluigi, but he really isn't as iconic as the rest so I don't expect him in P:M. For a second Sonic character, I would really expect Tails before those two if only because of the "Sonic and Tails are in Melee" joke. I think that'd be pretty clever, actually. I like Shadow's looks as a fighter (and I've been guilty of using him as a Sonic skin from time to time) but from the debate in this thread he sounds a lot more polarizing of a character.

I am starting to get behind Pichu, as I remember the fun I had messing around with him when my friends got annoyed with me beating them in FFA's and narrowed down my character choice to Pichu. Cannonballs and taunts across Mushroom Kingdom, wheee! (I lost because they ganged up on me, but it was a pretty funny match.)

I like my Ganon as-is =<

Ridley sounds like he could be really fun, and an alternate Samus moveset for DS would be interesting. I still get the feeling "Dark Samus" would be really confusing to new players; it's a really unfortunate name.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What do you mean they couldn't use Cypher? Because it's MGS exclusive in looks? It could re-done so easily that it's not even a factor, lol.

Cyper is not Metal Gear exclusive in looks, its pretty much a Metal Gear exclusive object. Its basically floating surveillance drone from the Metal Gear games.

Also, despite what you said, I am still not optimistic about an Advance Wars character. I think the only new series character (a character from a series currently lacking a playable character) will be Isaac.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
What about a pokemon trainer who punches and kicks and uses items from the games?

Neutral B- Pokeball. Throws out a pokeball (like the item) a randoom pokemon comes out, though nothing OP like Lugia and entei and groundon. Can only have 1 pkmn out at a time.

Side B- Bike. Basically a reskinned wario bike from brawl, though quicker but when it breaks it doesnt become an item.

Up B- Rod. You charge up the move, and depending on the charge, a rod is lashed up ward. No charge= old rod (short, weak) Mid charge= good rod (long, weak) full charge= super rod (long, strong). The rods are similar to ivys vine whip. Tether recovery that can be sweet spotted.

Down B- V.S. Seeker. Similar to fox and falcos shine. Difference is the shape is a upside down triangle, and acts like wolfs that it sends people at a 45 degree angle. Also reflects projectiles.

Other notable moves-
Down smash= Repel
Back air= Rock (from safari zone)
Dash attack= roller skates (from x and y)

Tell me watcha think.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
What about a pokemon trainer who punches and kicks and uses items from the games?

Neutral B- Pokeball. Throws out a pokeball (like the item) a randoom pokemon comes out, though nothing OP like Lugia and entei and groundon. Can only have 1 pkmn out at a time.

Side B- Bike. Basically a reskinned wario bike from brawl, though quicker but when it breaks it doesnt become an item.

Up B- Rod. You charge up the move, and depending on the charge, a rod is lashed up ward. No charge= old rod (short, weak) Mid charge= good rod (long, weak) full charge= super rod (long, strong). The rods are similar to ivys vine whip. Tether recovery that can be sweet spotted.

Down B- V.S. Seeker. Similar to fox and falcos shine. Difference is the shape is a upside down triangle, and acts like wolfs that it sends people at a 45 degree angle. Also reflects projectiles.

Other notable moves-
Down smash= Repel
Back air= Rock (from safari zone)
Dash attack= roller skates (from x and y)

Tell me watcha think.

Probably not possible to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom