• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Haha, that picture is awesome.

As far as Samus, I remember them saying she had a few issues. One is that her Z-air writes to the same place in memory that they did all the Melee physics, which means it breaks the game when she uses that attack. Another is that she's actually got a lot less space allocated to her because of ZSS, so it makes it more difficult to modify her.

I could be totally wrong, these are just things I've heard mentioned on the forums. =)
Thanks!

Wow, this is news to me.
I thought they were going to separate Samus from ZSS further, do both share the same memory slot or something? (Sorry I just have no idea how exactly these things work, lol). What if they change her to another "slot" that doesn't share ZSS's memory?
Sure... it would probaby take off another "clone engine slot", but it'd be worth it, I think.
(Please stop me if I'm saying nonsense)

(Now I feel even more ridiculous for suggesting that multi-beam gimmick, lol. If I had known the issues before..)

Anyway, I wasn't really expecting the rest of the characters to be done by v3.0. I can already imagine the headache that would be recoding the Ice Climbers, Olimar, Kirby with all the copy abilities, Yoshi, and now Samus.
:eek:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Oh god, this has become a nightmare... or the gamefaqs Smash boards, whichever.
Anyways, I feel like we should just keep it at these two for the next demo, as well as all Brawl characters now debugged. I feel like the PMBR does not need to add any other characters at this point. Perhaps some time in the future, but they should completely ignore this entire topic until they can show us their boundaries (that is, boundaries in what they want to include and not technical boundaries because I doubt that matters much)

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Here's a thought that just popped into my head. What if the PMBR just decided to add Isaac and/or saki?
They could leave the other series' as they are and move on. After the release of SSB4 they could take a poll/see who is most requested on the boards and create those characters as well as balance things, then be done.

Or they could just not add anymore characters. After all, less is more.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Anyway, I wasn't really expecting the rest of the characters to be done by v3.0. I can already imagine the headache that would be recoding the Ice Climbers, Olimar, Kirby with all the copy abilities, Yoshi, and now Samus.
:eek:
I remember hearing that Nana would stare at the player rather than run around fighting. That, and her AI is different than in Melee. Here's hoping they can work past that soon!

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
This video says this is about the limit for Ridley's size in a PSA before causing glitches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVkSaVgm1A

I'm fine with this size as a potential PM character (just needs a different model that fits well), but is this still an unbreakable limit in PM?

If not I sugest Sora because I love Kingdom Hearts and Riku lol :smash:
When's Square-Enix vs. Capcom? That needs to be a thing.
Aqua in a fighting game pls

MLGF

Smash Lord
I do like that Ridley model. It's choppy, but it shows that it certainly is possible and plausbile.
...but who to begin the engine off of... I guess Charizard makes the most sense.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I thought of Jeff myself, but it would be hard to come up with a moveset because he uses projectiles.
Hidden Missile!

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I do like that Ridley model. It's choppy, but it shows that it certainly is possible and plausbile.
...but who to begin the engine off of... I guess Charizard makes the most sense.
Wings, tail, and projectile. Yup.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
It would be awesome to see more Mother nods, even as small as stage background cameos like with vBrawl's Green Hill Zone. I think that'd be a great way to add little touches of flair to stages. As a character I see Jeff being very projectile-heavy though (his weapons were homebrew guns, lasers, rockets, sprays and disabling machines), and Paula and Poo both have abilities they've given to Ness already. Don't get me wrong, I love Jeff and have soloed with him selling enemy drops for the T-Rex Bat in Winters. That took awhile...

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Oh man, I'd totally love Jeff. I could see him working well as a Snake clone, as weird as that may sound. It'd be important to make sure he didn't feel lanky the way Snake does, but outside of that I think everything would work perfectly.

Up-B, naturally, would be bubble monkey. =)

What if they change her to another "slot" that doesn't share ZSS's memory?
Sure... it would probaby take off another "clone engine slot", but it'd be worth it, I think.
(Please stop me if I'm saying nonsense)
Interesting! I really don't know much more than you, but that might be a nice way to fix it. And yeah, I'd definitely be okay with Samus taking a clone engine slot if it meant we could get her. Heck, she could take the remaining 5. =)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
none of that is possible as you describe it. Not one bit of it. He's talking about giving the character magical projectiles, something that ganondorf doesn't have in smash. You can't add those, you have to clone a character that already has a projectile. Try again, smartass. That's NOT what he's talking about. At all. He's talking about changing Ganondorf's moveset.

You obviously don't get this concept at all.. What I have been suggesting all along is what Antiguy is saying.. Skin Black Shadow over Ganondorf and completely change Ganondorf as a character. Ganondorf would become the clone character, not Black Shadow. I would say IF this was done, a good base character would be Lucario. This would be very hard to do, but they can start with Lucario so they have articles they can work with, and then change his bones to make him have Ganondorfs shape and then change animations and GFX and whatever else they need to do to make it happen.

Edit: I just read more posts, and I guess you might kind of get what I'm saying, but i think you're assuming changing Ganondorf from his current form.. No like I mentioned they would have to start from scratch using another character.

Anyway my original post that started this crap kinda got ignored :(
No one actually answered about what they thought.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
It would be awesome to see more Mother nods, even as small as stage background cameos like with vBrawl's Green Hill Zone. I think that'd be a great way to add little touches of flair to stages. As a character I see Jeff being very projectile-heavy though (his weapons were homebrew guns, lasers, rockets, sprays and disabling machines), and Paula and Poo both have abilities they've given to Ness already. Don't get me wrong, I love Jeff and have soloed with him selling enemy drops for the T-Rex Bat in Winters. That took awhile...
Yeah right, he has lasers, the HP-Sucker, Slime Generator (tripping lol), shield killer, and could use a bit of psychical attacks.

Oh man, I'd totally love Jeff. I could see him working well as a Snake clone, as weird as that may sound. It'd be important to make sure he didn't feel lanky the way Snake does, but outside of that I think everything would work perfectly.

Up-B, naturally, would be bubble monkey. =)
Up-B sounds great and very original, and actually i would be very good if he is a lightweight, weaker version of Snake. Oh and also: HEAVY BAZOOKA.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
You obviously don't get this concept at all.. What I have been suggesting all along is what Antiguy is saying.. Skin Black Shadow over Ganondorf and completely change Ganondorf as a character. Ganondorf would become the clone character, not Black Shadow. I would say IF this was done, a good base character would be Lucario. This would be very hard to do, but they can start with Lucario so they have articles they can work with, and then change his bones to make him have Ganondorfs shape and then change animations and GFX and whatever else they need to do to make it happen.

It's an interesting idea, but it won't happen. If they were going to make Ganondorf drastically different, they would have done it at the very start.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
It's an interesting idea, but it won't happen. If they were going to make Ganondorf drastically different, they would have done it at the very start.

As someone else posted earlier "everything is subject to change"
I know it seems unlikely, but at the same time if there's a lot of noise about Ganondorf/Black Shadow, it could be doable.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Then using the clone slot, use the current model of Ganondorf and give him a new moveset as a new character.

First of all thanks for the back up

Just a completely positive correction here :p
They'd have to use another character as a base so that they could give Ganondorf projectiles and stuff because they cant create articles (from what I understand).

But also, what do you think about my post that started this argument? I wanted to start a convo about that but it went off on an awful tangent lol

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
A Giygas stage (with the organic looking stuff as the floor) would be nice, but it would be a lot of work to model/animate a 3d Giygas.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hmm I forget what's project m's motto again? something like everything is subject to change
Exactly.

And now that the clone engine is a reality, porting ganondorfs moves over someone like Black Shadow would work perfectly, opening up space for a new ganondorf.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
As someone else posted earlier "everything is subject to change"
I know it seems unlikely, but at the same time if there's a lot of noise about Ganondorf/Black Shadow, it could be doable.
The Ganondorf we already have is a pretty decent representation of Twilight Princess Ganondorf minus the sword. It feels like Captain Falcon, but he's really become his own character over the years, despite starting like Falcon.

Hmm I forget what's project m's motto again? something like everything is subject to change
A change this massive is highly unlikely, regardless of everything being subject to change. It's highly doubtful that they would massively alter how a character plays instead of making minor tweaks to increase or decrease a character's skill kit. I also seriously doubt that they would turn Ganondorf into a completely new character and make a new character out of him. That sounds like something that a Brawl fan-mod would do instead of a legit game like this. I could be wrong, but in this case I seriously doubt it'll happen.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
The Ganondorf we already have is a pretty decent representation of Twilight Princess Ganondorf minus the sword. It feels like Captain Falcon, but he's really become his own character over the years, despite starting like Falcon.
I remember during TP when he kills a character in a particular cutscene (not saying who or what to avoid spoilers), he did it with the "warlock punch" and my thought was "what a lame way to justify turning ganondorf into a clone in melee".
Also, I don't have a big problem with his A attacks (i think some should involve a sword at the very least), but he needs magic attacks for his B moves. Theres absolutely no reason he should be a clone. It should not be accepted and someone should start a petition to make nintendo de-clone him in smash 4... In fact i think i will do that immediately..

A change this massive is highly unlikely, regardless of everything being subject to change. It's highly doubtful that they would massively alter how a character plays instead of making minor tweaks to increase or decrease a character's skill kit. I also seriously doubt that they would turn Ganondorf into a completely new character and make a new character out of him. That sounds like something that a Brawl fan-mod would do instead of a legit game like this. I could be wrong, but in this case I seriously doubt it'll happen.

I think a change like this IS possible. The PMBR loves to surprise us, and like I said before, if theres enough noise about this they may just put some more thought into it.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Pretty hard to spoil a game that's been around as long as the Wii itself lol
Hahah yeah, but i mean there are some people that perhaps haven't played the game.

Edit: Actually now that i think of it, him being in the game is the biggest spoiler hahah

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

Edit: I just read more posts, and I guess you might kind of get what I'm saying, but i think you're assuming changing Ganondorf from his current form.. No like I mentioned they would have to start from scratch using another character.

No, I completely understood what you were saying all along, I just don't think it's a good idea. Changing Ganondorf, no matter how possible it is, is not something I would want. I doubt I'm alone, he's a cool character that people like. People who like Ganon won't wanna play black shadow, and Ganondorf does not require changes (outside of whatever minor balance they deem necessary)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
No, I completely understood what you were saying all along, I just don't think it's a good idea. Changing Ganondorf, no matter how possible it is, is not something I would want. I doubt I'm alone, he's a cool character that people like. People who like Ganon won't wanna play black shadow, and Ganondorf does not require changes (outside of whatever minor balance they deem necessary)

I disagree. I think people would rage for a day and then be like oh this is actually way better.

red9rd

Smash Ace
As I have only finished the last two Mother games, What do you guys think about Duster from Mother3. I think he has the most potential, with his snake rope, staples, ninja ways and he would walk with his limp.

edit: that's an awesome idea for a stage, I always wondered Why They never had like the PK Rockin/ PK Love animation in the background of Ness/Lucas Final Smash (Or PK Starstorm) or in a levels background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom