• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Discussion (The ARF Engine.)

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Cool stuff.

Found 8 differences between original Jigglypuff rel and clone. I believe finding those offsets in other characters' rels will be a pain in ***, though.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well would you have to add a slot to the common5 or scselcharacter or something idk i guess lets wait until he says something (=

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Cool stuff.

Found 8 differences between original Jigglypuff rel and clone. I believe finding those offsets in other characters' rels will be a pain in ***, though.
me 2, the # 25 was changed to 11 or something like that. The rel files are identical besides that and they originally weren't. how strange. oh well dantarion will shed light sooner or later i suppose

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
think about it 7 slots + if alloys can work 11, that's 11 new characters now like i said i have no clue about how all the stuff will work for them like the csp's sound and everything

ds22

Smash Lord
What Dantarion did inside the module file is actually easy to do, but only seems to work on a few modules.

For example:
Editing Ike's module to work over DK results in a beep of death.
Editing Marth's module to work over DK results in a complete working replacement.
Editing Marth's module to work over Pit results in a semi working replacement who's only problem is that when he performs an aerial jump, the game crashes.

So it isn't that easy to do.

@Dantarion
Is that Roy with an independent slot?
Because if so, then HYPE!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
What Dantarion did inside the module file is actually easy to do, but only seems to work on a few modules.

For example:
Editing Ike's module to work over DK results in a beep of death.
Editing Marth's module to work over DK results in a complete working replacement.
Editing Marth's module to work over Pit results in a semi working replacement who's only problem is that when he performs an aerial jump, the game crashes.

So it isn't that easy to do.

@Dantarion
Is that Roy with an independent slot?
YAY! Someone is trying this!

Here is the current issue.
Somehow, the game still wants to associate the other character with the slot.
As a result, if you replace a multijump character with a non-multijump one, you get a crash.

Also, my Roy slot has the same problem, mostly because the Roy slot has blanks where all the other characters have stuff.

ds22

Smash Lord
YAY! Someone is trying this!

Here is the current issue.
Somehow, the game still wants to associate the other character with the slot.
As a result, if you replace a multijump character with a non-multijump one, you get a crash.

Also, my Roy slot has the same problem, mostly because the Roy slot has blanks where all the other characters have stuff.
Interesting.
So currently, your Roy slot can't double jump?

Also, the module file loads to itself and the Sora_Melee.rel file.
Maybe some answers can be found in that file.

ds22

Smash Lord
Which means that features like multi jumps are controlled by something else then the characters module.
But I also think that things like texture ordering (like Lucario's 00 color also being his blue team color) and files inside the fitcharacter00.pac/pcs files (like Ike's separate blade).
Just a thought though.

Also, is it possible to upload a vid of what you have done so far?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I just changed the ID values of the rel to reference Pit and renamed the files.
The only 2 issues were
1. T-stance when pressing A after 2nd Jab
2. No SE.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm not sure what controls it, but I think fixing the T-stance is as easy as adding Attack13 and Attack100 animations since Pit has them.

I'm baffled at how it went there since the variable that is supposed to link Jab2 and Jab3 in Attack12 is not there.

ds22

Smash Lord
Maybe they programmed it in somewhere else as a fail save?
I don't know if it is that, as for I'm surprised myself.

Could adding the animations for the multi jumps fix the multi jump freeze?

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
just a question but has anything else from the brawl beta been usable other than the forbidden 7 slots?
like how mewtwo has Sfx folder unlike the other characters have any of his sfx been found...
can't wait to see how everything goes.

Revven

FrankerZ
All the files related to the 7 characters that have leftover stuff on there (I refuse to call them forbidden, that's so ********) are empty, this includes SFX.

Revven

FrankerZ
Dantarion is using them still.
He's using them as reference points (and by reference points I mean where the Roy files are to be pointed to so the game loads them), they still don't have any real data that Brawl can use inside them. The question was about SFX, which those files do not have.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Amazing job Dant.

Some may say what you did is simple, and while I comprehend what you did, I'll be ****ed if I can actually understand how to do it myself.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
So your filling them with data then?

Yep.
If you want to do me a favor, can you make a chart of what happens when you port jiggs and marth on to every character in the game? (Note. There are only a certain set of characters where you can swap things this way without causing problems. I have to post the list somewhere before anyone can really do this without wasting time.)

http://dantarion.pastebin.com/SnMefiFE

smasher4roy

Smash Cadet
just a question If one of the forbiddent slots would be replaced with toon link ( that is gonna be replaced with young link) would it work?

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
We don't know yet. Pay attention. He hasn't given feedback on work with the leftover 7 characters.

ds22

Smash Lord
Yep.
If you want to do me a favor, can you make a chart of what happens when you port jiggs and marth on to every character in the game? (Note. There are only a certain set of characters where you can swap things this way without causing problems. I have to post the list somewhere before anyone can really do this without wasting time.)

http://dantarion.pastebin.com/SnMefiFE
I guess I can try to port Marth and Jiggz onto other characters when I get the data (and time) to do it.
But can you be more specific with what you mean to say here:
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Clone_Engine
Especially with the offsets.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Can some one see if they can well umm....

see if they can port Samus (suited) over another character or characters? preferably diddy, or some one rather useless.??? i want dark samus vs samus battle. you know they haz a new PSA.

Link40

Smash Cadet
Really impressive work Dantarion ! I can't wait you release the code ^^

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
The fabled clone engine ... stories about it have been passed down in Brawl Hacking for ages. To believe that finally someone will be able to create it.

I tip my hat to you Dantarion.

We all believe in you!

Top Bottom