• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cliché Thread: Best Film I've Ever Seen

jopez4u

Smash Apprentice
That movie did not certaintly f***en owned! It was probably the main reason why SquareSoft went down! It had great CG, but it should have had waaaaay more action!
i accept it's less than mediocre and well the storyline was disappointing at best. if you were to make a final fantasy movie, make an action/fighting scene more like the scenes that monty ohm makes it. after that movie, squaresoft fell so fast that they had to change their name to squarenix, just to survive. talk about changing your name due to utter failure haha

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
O jeez, haven't been on boards for a long time, but this caught my eye since I am a movie buff.

My all time favorite movies right now are Red Cliff 1 & 2 (foreign films), based on a section of my fav book Romance of the three kingdoms: http://threekingdoms.com// In case anyone wants to give it a shot, I am not a reader but I've read this atleast 10 times, super exciting, its what the Dynasty Warriors games butchered...

I've seen everything on Kira's orginal list, but the ones that stand out as favorites of mine are:

-Ferris Buhler's Day Off (A character having my name cameron bears no bias)
-Anything Quentin Tarentino makes is guaranteed to be original.
-Nightmare b4 christmas
-Darjeeling limited (is a movie I actually really like since I am one of three brothers.)

Other favorites in my library are:

Action
-Troy
-Gladiator

Comedy
-Yes Man
-I love you Man
-A night at the Roxbury
-Yes most all the Will Ferrel stuff...Land of the Lost deff. excluded

Others:
The Prestige
The Terminal
Catch me if you Can (Really enjoyed the story)
Cinderella Man (Motivational)

debaser

Smash Lord
Inglorious *******s = glorious
Ponyo = imaginative and beautiful

This year for movies = too good

Atlus8

Smash Master
I stayed up all night so I decided to watch American Pie 1 and 2! One thing I learned about staying up is that the light right outside my window turns off around late 4am! It gets f***en dark in my room and I <3 it! I'm hoping mother nature would break that s#!+ or I'd have to do it myself!

SuperRad

Smash Master
I liked Inglourious Basterds a whole **** lot. It's not what the trailers make it out to be [the Basterds are hardly the focus of the film] and the movie is more high tension then brutal action [although the latter gets enough screen time to leave a good impression].

I haven't seen District 9 yet but it's my favorite movie of the summer.

Lovage

Smash Hero
OMG

inglourious basterds was soooooo ****
everything good that you would expect in a tarinteno movie, including his fukken foot fetish

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't aware of a "favorite movie" thread. I could post on this **** page forever. Speaking of Tarantino, what did you guys think of Natural Born Killers?

Lovage

Smash Hero
Listen, you ****ers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the ****s, the dogs, the filth, the ****. Here is a man who stood up.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Inglorious Basterds was good, but kinda wierd.

When I was watching it it seemed like Tarentino filmed one really long movie and only showed us some of the main parts.

Also I have some issues with the storyline I have to discuss with someone

HugS™

Smash Lord
moon was best so far during summer.

Seeing tarantino something this week.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Inglourious Basterds was good, but kinda weird.

When I was watching it it seemed like Tarantino filmed one really long movie and only showed us some of the main parts.

Also I have some issues with the storyline I have to discuss with someone
I think, and I could be wrong, that Basterds spent a long time in production where it underwent a ton of changes. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a ton of deleted/unfilmed scenes that were originally part of the movie. I felt like the movie wasn't missing anything except more scenes/development of the Basterds. (Even then, it seems like they were supposed to be fairly 'ordinary' men).

sounds like good fodder when we're blazed tonight
thought you quit

Adam M!

Smash Lord
this is my last night, just to provide some sort of closure (my previous last night was ruined by shady connects)

school started monday, no more for the semester

i quit for a while, somehow started smoking again very recently (~2-3 weeks), now i'm done til january

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
ima b slangin tho

So if anyone wants to drop me a PM before a smash tourney holla

HugS™

Smash Lord
Inglorious Basterds was cool...

LoL I don't think i can say anything more than that.

Tarantino films are just easily likable, that's all there is to it.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I think Inglourious Basterds might be the best thing he's made. Maybe Kill Bill v2 and Death Proof being underwhelming* has boosted my perception of it to another level. But he definitely showed a level of artistry that I don't feel he's displayed before. Christoph Waltz plays Landa absolutely perfectly. He was creepy and terrifying but also weirdly charming. I hope he gets an oscar nod [or even win] for that performance, because he knocked it out of the park. Almost the entire cast is perfect, with a minor complaint at Eli Roth.

*For the record, I liked both. However, Kill Bill v2 lost all momentum from the first and needs a slightly faster pace. Death Proof got **** on by a bunch of people, but I thought it was quite enjoyable. I think it's biggest problem is the same as Basterds: It got misadvertised. Death Proof isn't about Kurt Russell just like Basterds isn't really about the Basterds.

edit: Also, if any of you got to see the inception trailer I am insanely jealous. I would **** Christopher Nolan on principle alone.

bbb

Smash Champion
I haven't seen it but I refuse to believe inglorious basterds is better than reservoir dogs or pulp fiction

Top Bottom