• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleveland Area, ESCAPE 04/12 Melee and Brawl Tournament!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
thx to all

SFG- great tips
Goddess- thx for running the bracket. ppl overlook organizers soo much
blindeye- thx for being one fo the coolest venue host ive met, i'll beodwn anytime i can.

who brought naruto? i was gonna play but i had to leave

good **** Pittsburgh guys

vidjo- u shouldn't let me come to your tourneys and win ur moneyz(u probably were winning moneys else where lol)
4%- that was an entertaining set with taki good stuff.
X- way to beat ur own expectations
joe/jon- u guys are awesome @ brawl
Bob/andrew G- I got lucky >_>

gender diversity is good

nojoes

Smash Ace
swift - good **** at the tourny, placing in both.
4% and X - <3.
impp - you knocked me into losers so i would lose grand finales to sfg later you *******. =p just messing, **** good zelda man.
Gibby - holy ****ing norfair spike?!?!?! (fun set)
skatz - waita show support the smash community
lauren - waita have camper bob play 2 sets he didnt have to. :]
will - good falco.
KB - good set, wish we could of played some friendlies.
SFG - nice job on first, pm your cell or aim or something so maybe you can come play with me and jesse sometime.

THANKS FOR HOSTING THE TOURNY BLINDEYE/ESCAPE.

p.s. sorry to everyone i played in tourny, i camp like bear grylls.

edit: rofl at how many stars are everywhere.

Goddess

Smash Apprentice
Great tournament guys :]
I enjoyed doing the brackets, even if at one point I was ready to bite someone's head off.
Lolz. There were two Andrew's & 3 Robert's, so you can see where the confusion came from.
Okay, shoutout timez!

4%- Good job. See you soon. White castle = too good.

X- ditto.

Swift- You did pretty well! Thanks for recognizing the bi-polar organizer :D

Joe Sopko- I ONLY SCREWED UP CAMPER BOB'S MATCHES ONCE!

SFG- thank you for being cooperative when I was ready to kill everyone else. :]

Sheik- OMFG BEAR HAT??!! I LOVED IT. send me those pictures :]

Sarah- I love you. Plain & simple. <3

Rachel- I love you too <3

Soap- I love you, I just love your sisters more. :D

D20- I'm sorry I ruined harry potter for you. But I don't feel so bad since you're only on page 400 still.

Anyone else I missed, I'm really sorry. Great tournament & I hope next time I can possibly run brackets & not be so touchy. :]
I really enjoyed doing it <3

CF, REPRESENT!

Edit: THANKS ESCAPE <3

4% APR

Smash Champion
Cool tourney guys

Lauren-ty for bracket stuff 2 good

X-way to place, maybe i should pay like you Usmash>weak dsmash>fsmash how lame

Tim- I'm gonna have to try something drastic next time, good stuff in brawl too

Joe- cool set, that's enough frigate orpheon for me though

John- we didn't really play. Oh, well see you next time

D20- we only played in brawl, that's dumb

Taki- your too good at fox dittos, I'll get you next time

soap- hope you had fun even though you missed the better game

Sarah- ty for coming

Shiek- MM? jk fun talking and stuff. nice hat

Dark hand- we'll play some matches at smashtastrophe 2

KB- good stuff in brawl, I'll see you at the next one

Impp- too bad you missed melee

SFG- good **** in brawl. you *****

Rich- we should probably decide on one game next time and do singles and doubles for that

The pitts clevland crew battle will never happen, let's just abandon the idea. Or if by some miracle it does happen, we should probably do all captain falcon

D20

Smash Lord
Escape - Thanks for hosting. You guys do an excellent job with these tournaments. Pittsburgh will be back soon.
SwiftBass - Happy Birthday!!! KDJ would have won.
4% - Brawl is dumb.
X - Good set. Fox is super effective against Young Link.
Soap - Come to Smashtastrophe II.
SFG - Come to Smashtastrophe II.
Mathos - Come to Smashtastrophe II.
Camper Bob - Don't come to Smashtastrophe II.
Gibby - Your Wolf/Pit are pretty nice... too bad Brawl sucks.
Lauren - You don't feel bad that I'm only on page 400? Why do you think I stopped? I guess it's ok though, because you rock at running the brackets.
Soap's sister - Way to show up to a videogame tournament with a videogame t-shirt and not play.

To anyone I missed... GGs. I was kind of upset with only placing 5th, but then I remembered that I play Young Link... I'm awesome.

P.S. - Anyone that didn't enter the Melee tournament is lame. Brawl sucks. Just kidding... kinda.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Melee

1st- swift
2nd- xdoesupB
3-taki
4-4%
5- D20 (not sure)

Brawl

1st- SFG (DDD)
2nd- joe (pit/Rob)
3rd- Swift (ddd/Pika)

That's all i know

XDoesUpB

Smash Apprentice
Here you go BigR

Melee
1. Swiftbass
2. X
3. Taki
4. 4%
5. D20(probably)

Brawl
1. SFG
2. Joe
3. Swiftbass(I think)
4. I don't remember maybe gibby

I guess I didnt remember as many of the results as I thought
Thanks to bracket people .

4%-no making fun of me :( the game is called smash so i do them :)
Lauren-good job at white castle/bracket yelling
D20-corneria is gay little link cant fight on space ships
sheik-i WILL find your name!!! nice hat and mm's
swift- you cheat at this game
taki- really fun set i hope i get to play you again
soaps family- you guys like naruto
melee- you're a good game
brawl- you're a game

aww geez while i was writing this other people posted results booooooooooooo

Big_R

Smash Champion
sounds like a blasty blast. i was up extra late friday and t.cizzle had no money on him so we did not make it up. probably shoulda planned on it better cuz it seemed fun except for that one brawl part or whatever. is that even a game?
i've probably played brawl the least out of all the people who played melee competitively. heh oh well melee ftw good job fellas. Cleveland step yo game up stop letting people who are not from ohio do work on you. that is all hopefully see you guys at smashtrophe 2!

xyt

Smash Lord
SFG-Good games, Greens Greens is gay
4%-MM? @_@)?? lol
X-good **** in tourny : D CG-ing is too much fun XD
Camper Bob: lol corneria
Lauren: good job running brackets ~! leave me an e-mail address or something so i can send those pics
Skatz: LOL Sarah
Rachel: I chain grabbed you <3
Swiftbass: you hax lol
Taki: beat M2K
D20: sooo... young....
soap: ahahahahah i like your sheik's tech skill : D

tourny was fun guys : D brawl is a stupid FAWWKKKEN game = /

EDIT: COME TO SMASHTASTROPHE 2

takieddine

Smash Master
4%- Great fox dittos, You had a nice comeback on game1. Sadly i don't even remember what i did the rest of the games...>_>.
X- Good stuff, GJ on 2nd. Next time Ill try not to mess up stuff.
SFG-DDD is gay, also brawl.
Swift- LoL 3rd place in brawl?
XYT-moneymatch?
D20- Im the best.
Goddess- You shouldve had people help you out.

Thanks for hosting the tourney fun as always. More Melee next time please :)

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
dang i wish i could've made it. I'm gonna try to host a smash fest at my house to meet and play some of guys. If i were to host a fest without a money prize(or entry fee for that matter) who would come? I could only have like a 20 player limit though as well.

soap

Smash Hero
thx to all

who brought naruto? i was gonna play but i had to leave
i brought naruto, i just got into the game after brawl came out.. cuz well.. i need a game with c9mboes

[posted By Lauren] wtf smashboards?

Sheik- OMFG BEAR HAT??!! I LOVED IT. send me those pictures :]

Sarah- I love you. Plain & simple. <3

Rachel- I love you too <3

Soap- I love you, I just love your sisters more. :D

D20- I'm sorry I ruined harry potter for you. But I don't feel so bad since you're only on page 400 still.

[/QUOTE]

I love Canal Fulton, yu guys are cool... and who the fux has not finished Harry Potter already? ive read it like twice

SFG-Good games, Greens Greens is gay
4%-MM? @_@)?? lol
X-good **** in tourny : D CG-ing is too much fun XD
Camper Bob: lol corneria
Lauren: good job running brackets ~! leave me an e-mail address or something so i can send those pics
Skatz: LOL Sarah
Rachel: I chain grabbed you <3
Swiftbass: you hax lol
Taki: beat M2K
D20: sooo... young....
soap: ahahahahah i like your sheik's tech skill : D

tourny was fun guys : D brawl is a stupid FAWWKKKEN game = /

EDIT: COME TO SMASHTASTROPHE 2
i will almost definitely be at smashtastrophe, although im pretty sure melee will die anyway shortly i appreciate the love and the effort, maybe its still got some life in it, i know im still getting better and stuff. my sheik will be warmed up and ready to go, i can show you some more trixies ive made up, yu didnt see my clod zero reverse needle bair.. SFg knows what im tlking about... and yes i will finally money match you, but prolly like only for two dollarz cuz im consistently poor.

D20-has improved

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
FYI: I was the one with the "don't get hit" shirt if you don't remember me.

it was a shame there weren't more setups so that there could have been more friendlies (especially for melee, I wanted to play that more than I did). Oh well, it was a great venue otherwise.

lol, I really feel sorry for Goddess/Lauren... I know I wouldn't last more than 30 seconds running brackets. Something kinda ironic that may be funny to know: You know how you had 2 Andrew's? I saw how you differentiated between them by calling one Andrew G? Yeah, well I was the other Andrew, and my last name also starts with a G, lol. I was a bit confused there, but probably not as inconvenienced as you were, I fell like I should have put my name is as Slartibartfast42... But that's really awkward/funny to say out loud, lol.

I was the one camperbob was accidentally matched up with, and I was relieved when I was informed that the matchup was a fluke: he was beating me with ness somehow. I stupidly recovered with a method that was not coming in as low as possible and taking advantage of the auto sweet-spot in brawl and got spiked... I might have won the set but that first match wasn't looking too good.

I'm getting annoyed at DeDeDe as a character: he thrives on stupid camping techniques. He just sits there tossing waddle dee's so you can't approach without jumping, then he shieldgrabs you upon landing. Then it's chaingrab time. It's so cheap and it takes little skill. Maybe I should start playing DeDeDe, cause I can do that pretty easily myself... But then everyone will play DeDeDe, and matches will be so boring because neither person will be able to approach, they'll just sit on either end of the stage and toss their minions. Man, brawl isn't looking too appealing right now.

-4%: you owning me in the first round just encourages me to get better. I'm may not beat you next time, but I hope to do better.
-Sci-fi guy: you're too good. You owned me in melee, then in brawl. But brawl doesn't count, you were using DeDeDe hax. I wanna fight you in brawl with you using a different character.
Goddess- The only girl I've seen playing a decent DS game besides my sister... between that and running the bracket: you're amazing. (and by decent I mean not nintendogs)
Anyway, I can't really remember anyone else's name...

omfgwalloftext

sKatZ

Smash Apprentice
hi guys, great tourny. lots of fun
here are some shoutoutz

sfg- i would say congrats on placing first in brawl...but its brawl. good job in mellee tho:D
x- xdoesdownb. 2 good
camperbob- hiya!
lauren- good job running the tourny. we've got to go to the smashtastrophe together.
rachel- haha ur not a smasher, and noone knows ur smash name
skatz's brother- ur really terrible. u should come on time
d20- i thought u were cool, but then i hear u havnt finished the last hp book. i dont think i can speak to u anymore. u lose brownie points
sheik- i'll mm you for your hat. and im gonna find out ur name. one way or another
joe-good job placing second. ur pretty good. next time u get bubble tea tho u have to get taro flavor. u guys got some wack flavor.

and to all u haters, hating on naruto, its a funner game than brawl is. so FACE

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
FYI: I was the one with the "don't get hit" shirt if you don't remember me.

I'm getting annoyed at DeDeDe as a character: he thrives on stupid camping techniques. He just sits there tossing waddle dee's so you can't approach without jumping, then he shieldgrabs you upon landing. Then it's chaingrab time. It's so cheap and it takes little skill. Maybe I should start playing DeDeDe, cause I can do that pretty easily myself... But then everyone will play DeDeDe, and matches will be so boring because neither person will be able to approach, they'll just sit on either end of the stage and toss their minions. Man, brawl isn't looking too appealing right now.
ember anyone else's name...
lol im out to make this game as gay as possible, i dont think I faced you, but you probly saw the gay ways of my ddd

xyt

Smash Lord
here are some shoutoutz

sfg- i would say congrats on placing first in brawl...but its brawl. good job in mellee tho:D
x- xdoesdownb. 2 good
camperbob- hiya!
lauren- good job running the tourny. we've got to go to the smashtastrophe together.
rachel- haha ur not a smasher, and noone knows ur smash name
skatz's brother- ur really terrible. u should come on time
d20- i thought u were cool, but then i hear u havnt finished the last hp book. i dont think i can speak to u anymore. u lose brownie points
sheik- i'll mm you for your hat. and im gonna find out ur name. one way or another
joe-good job placing second. ur pretty good. next time u get bubble tea tho u have to get taro flavor. u guys got some wack flavor.

and to all u haters, hating on naruto, its a funner game than brawl is. so FACE
Rachel-Taco Ninja ^^

that hat is not up for gambling = /

but i'll still MM you Sarah ^^ lol *owned, i know your name MWAHAHA*

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
lol im out to make this game as gay as possible, i dont think I faced you, but you probly saw the gay ways of my ddd
I didn't see the gay ways of your ddd, but I played SFG's dedede, which is probably even gayer seeing as how he won the whole freaking tournament. I hate dedede, but I'm probably going to end up playing him in the next tourney. It's so lame how you can be so good with him with so little skill. You just need a bit of prediction and shenanigans. pretty soon tournies will become dedede's only, they'll just sit at each side of the stage throwing waddle dee's and get themselves into sudden death. dedede is so lame. I need to come up with a dedede counter strategy for next time, which will probably end up being projectile spamming from the other side of the stage.

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
so much dedede hate lol.
the thread for FC is up, hope everyone comes to this.
for friend codes? Whats the thread for FC?

Nevermind, i see what it is, its that Indianapolis tourny. I won't be able to make it to any tournys outside of ohio for another year or so. Acutally pittsburgh reasonable, but nothing that would take longer than a day.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Is DDD's chain grab avoidable by Sonic? It seems like in match 1 and 2 against swift in the tourney I couldn't avoid it, but in match 3 I avoided it a couple times and I wasn't sure if it was me getting the timing down or him messing up the grab. Nice stuff all around though.

KB-nice ness, looking forward to facing you in later tournies
Impp- thank god I didn't have to face you in the tourney, u woulda destroyed me again.
Swift- Nice games, I got lucky in round 2.
masterbraz- Show up to something soon already.

If anyone can make it to the tourney I'm hosting at akron U on Wednesday the 23rd of this month it should be good fun and you're all invited.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163021

for more info

rayyy

Smash Rookie
Rachel-Taco Ninja ^^

that hat is not up for gambling = /

but i'll still MM you Sarah ^^ lol *owned, i know your name MWAHAHA*
its actually just rayyy. that was the pre-unsure replacement. taconinja happened to be my screen name at the time, so it was kinda put as that. but since i finally got around to making a smash boards account, i guess this my final smash name. ehh, kinda plain but i like it =) so now i guess now im official.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
here are some shoutoutz

You know there is obviously something wrong with Brawl when the ladies are unimpressed with a guy winning a tournament for it =(

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
^
lol, what I love is that your title on this site is based off of post count and has no indication of skill whatsoever. Take SFG for example. He may be a journeyman, but he could probably beat 90% or more of the people who go to this site and have more posts than him in melee and brawl... Especially with the brawl noobs that have been joining lately.

Anyway, I guess you do actually post less than me, SFG. Your average posts per day is .19 while mine is .28, but we both probably post little enough to be considered lurkers.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I would hope you were being sarcastic. If you weren't you would be a moron.

EDIT: Maybe you could base their level on how many tournaments someone has been to/won.

Going to lots of tournaments would boost your rank, and winning one would give you a huge boost. Anyway, it wouldn't be that hard, the mods could just give tournament hosters the ability to modify the profiles of the people who went to their tournament. That way, if you were a "Smash noob" it would mean you haven't been to a tournament.

Top Bottom