• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleveland Area, ESCAPE 04/12 Melee and Brawl Tournament!

soap

Smash Hero
i'm not going to make the melee portion, i have prior engagements till like 4, so i was talknig brawl, but whatever is cool.
i was just double checking cuz sheik vs. pika in melee is alot differnt than brawl sheik pika. Pika is my melee low tier too

thedarkhand

Smash Cadet
I'm not good enough to play melee money matches... :( I've only been to one melee tournament before and I couldn't l-cancel consistently at that time. I can now, but I haven't gotten any experience playing good people with l-canceling.

You guys are all going to play me even if I can't put money on the line right?

However, I think it would be really interesting to see Brawl money matches where both people pick random, best 2 of 3. That would be epic. I may actually think about doing that for the lulz. It's just a dollar anyway.

This is actually going to be my second tournament too, and I'll play non money matches in melee

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Anyone who is on allisbrawl, i'll take the results and put them through TIO so any all is brawl users can get credit for their placings.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Is Vidjo coming? He lives in Cleveland doesn't he? If he doesn't come, it'd be a minor disappointment. I was looking forward to having the honor of getting the crap beaten out of me by his peach...

soap

Smash Hero
^and soap-on-a-rope! na, i actually kinda suck at this game now, but i wanna be in swing for smashtastrophe! can yu guys have a low tier melee thing since there is a whole day for melee

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
^and soap-on-a-rope! na, i actually kinda suck at this game now, but i wanna be in swing for smashtastrophe! can yu guys have a low tier melee thing since there is a whole day for melee
Do you mean the tourney on the 12th is a whole day of melee or do you mean smashtastrophe? Brawl is still on for saturday the 12th right? Also, when is melee doubles If it's happening.

I've been goin to some smaller tournies with Sonic and want to see how he holds up against you guys.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
i hope so too, we have to get by vidjo first :p
I doubt he'll be there, but I hear he may host another tournament mid-may, if he does you should go, the last one he hosted was hella fun.before he got his new place he was on the other side of cleveland, so it'd probably be a stretch for such a small tournament. Any other 1$mm's?(I'll be there for brawl since I'll be at another tournament during the day)

curiousthoughtsbear

Smash Apprentice

lol kinda suck, what's that supposed to mean.

outta practice ????

Big_R

Smash Champion
i was thinking about this. it has been a while since i've played in a tourny... drop brawl altogether? lol what's the turnout looking like? big for brawl and small for melee? or both? i will take some brawl noobs moneys if they try to crossover. that's always a good time. haha

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
@ soap, I might play a bit of naruto, probably not more than 3-5 matches if I'm bored. I'm not too good, I only rented clash of ninja 2 for a week once.

Anyway, I want to know if you guys are mainly going for Melee or Brawl? I'm mainly going to play melee, but I think I'll place better in Brawl, lol. Because everyone sucks at it right now.

soap

Smash Hero
@ soap, I might play a bit of naruto, probably not more than 3-5 matches if I'm bored. I'm not too good, I only rented clash of ninja 2 for a week once.

Anyway, I want to know if you guys are mainly going for Melee or Brawl? I'm mainly going to play melee, but I think I'll place better in Brawl, lol. Because everyone sucks at it right now.
ya im not really good yet either, but i just got the 4th one imported from japan and have been playing that quite a bit its really fun, im just getting past spamming the b button although thats what i end up doing alot, there are actually alot of stance cancels that make for some interesting combo strings

and im prolly just going for melee, melee is conveniently before brawl so i probably wont stay for that

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
My wii died in my lap tonight. apparantly my "system files are corrupted, read wii owner's manual for more help" This also happened after I unlocked EVERY SINGLE challenge and beat boss battles on intense without using a single heart container.... I should still be able to bring 3 wiis and 3 copies of brawl though. I'm gonna bring 2-3 other people and we'll probably get there around 3 P.M. see you soon.

4% APR

Smash Champion
I don't think there is and I would already have a partner shiek. sorry. But if you want we could teams mm some people. :)

I can prolly bring a wii and a copy of brawl if you still need more

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
My wii died in my lap tonight. apparantly my "system files are corrupted, read wii owner's manual for more help" This also happened after I unlocked EVERY SINGLE challenge and beat boss battles on intense without using a single heart container.... I should still be able to bring 3 wiis and 3 copies of brawl though. I'm gonna bring 2-3 other people and we'll probably get there around 3 P.M. see you soon.
O_O

I'm really worried now. In the last month, both my brother and my sister have knocked the wii off the table it's on, and it's fallen about a meter to the ground. It's been making grinding noises since before then. I hope nothing happens...

Anyway, like I said, I'll probably bring a TV (don't know if I need to, I'll bring it anyway, if you don't need it, I just will leave it in the car), a Wii, and a copy of Melee and Brawl with everything unlocked. I encourage anyone who is bringing a wii and has melee but does not unlocked to bring melee anyway, it's really easy to copy data. Wait a minute, what am I saying? This is smashboards, of course everyone has everything unlocked in melee. *facepalm*

Top Bottom