• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Sauga! Mississauga, Ontario / JAN 6th UPDATED w/RULES AND STUFF

D

Deleted member

What in the flying **** is "G3Evolution"

Sounds very very sketchy to me

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
Interesting spelling..."Shouryuken". Can't technically say it's wrong... it might actually be MORE correct than the de facto "Shoryuken". Anyways, it's not surprising to see a Street Fighter oriented organization produce a half-as*sed Smash tournament. After all, it's not a real game... only two or three buttons or whatever, amirite? lolol

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe that is why I like smash, because it isn't a 'fighting' game as everyone knows it. Those fighting games just never stuck to me; those games are too linear.

altergenesis

Smash Rookie
Interesting spelling..."Shouryuken". Can't technically say it's wrong... it might actually be MORE correct than the de facto "Shoryuken". Anyways, it's not surprising to see a Street Fighter oriented organization produce a half-as*sed Smash tournament. After all, it's not a real game... only two or three buttons or whatever, amirite? lolol
What the hell are you talking about? We had nothing to do with the running of this tournament.

D

Deleted member

Then why was this tournament under your name?

I still say this sounds very very fishy

Especially with the .tk website

If Lone Wolf is a part of G3, then you had a part in the half-***** tournament, and if you werent there, why not? It needed severe organization. You could have helped.

altergenesis

Smash Rookie
Then why was this tournament under your name?

I still say this sounds very very fishy

Especially with the .tk website

If Lone Wolf is a part of G3, then you had a part in the half-***** tournament, and if you werent there, why not? It needed severe organization. You could have helped.
Which is why I came to clear it up. This was never under our name. Just because Lone Wolf is part of G3 does not make him the owner. I do not understand what is fishy, it's pretty simple. He did this tournament on his own accord and we in no way supported it. Why the hell should I be responsible?

D

Deleted member

The thing you don't understand is that nothing needed to be cleared up, we knew that it was sub-par tournament and we had closure, but now you're telling us Lone Wolf is in G3, whatever that is, and now that brings up a lot more questions.

If he's a part of G3, why didn't you support it? What was the reasoning behind not supporting a tournament if he's a part of G3? You aren't responsible, but if my friends hosted a DDR tournament (which they **** at) I'd probably show up and help out.
I just don't get why you try to explain why the tournament ran poorly and then try to say "Okay but it's not G3's fault." , when no one knew about G3 to begin with.. you have 4 posts and already are becoming upset with some people.

If you're going to explain why the tournament ran poorly, you probably should have been there to help.

altergenesis

Smash Rookie
The thing you don't understand is that nothing needed to be cleared up, we knew that it was sub-par tournament and we had closure, but now you're telling us Lone Wolf is in G3, whatever that is, and now that brings up a lot more questions.

If he's a part of G3, why didn't you support it? What was the reasoning behind not supporting a tournament if he's a part of G3? You aren't responsible, but if my friends hosted a DDR tournament (which they **** at) I'd probably show up and help out.
I just don't get why you try to explain why the tournament ran poorly and then try to say "Okay but it's not G3's fault." , when no one knew about G3 to begin with.. you have 4 posts and already are becoming upset with some people.

If you're going to explain why the tournament ran poorly, you probably should have been there to help.
I'm not going to explain. We don't support Smash as one of our tournament games. I'm not saying the tournament wasn't our fault, of course you don't know us, (aformentioned we don't play Smash) this is more or less aimed at Lone Wolf, who might end up using our name in the future.

EDIT: Which, none of you are involved. It is hard to get into contact with him and thus, this was the best way. We would have come and help things run smoothly had Adnan actually asked us for help. Which he didn't.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like Smash and Street Fighter... and I'm unbiased enough to see that they're both deep, complicated games which take a high level of skill. ******** fanboy flamewars FTL?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Now you've gone too far. Shut up you Smash Scrubbies. Learn another game. I'm through here. Don't bother replying.
Yo, don't say **** like that, i like smash and street fighter but when you say learn another game, it just pisses me off, :@

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
HEY ive got a feeling you don't say stuff like that to people in person. In fact, I've experienced this. stop being a jerk.

EDIT: oops, not liam. the guy who stos responded to.

EDIT2: sorry, i wasnt paying attention to what i was writing

EDIT3: by "learn another game" do you mean spending hours and hours at it and turning into a nerd all over again?

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm actually quite nice in person, and I try to be here as well. I don't like how Smash is perceived by the elitist members of the fighting game scene though. That's always bugged me. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk, I'm just stating my opinion. What do you mean when you say "you've experienced this"? I'm sorry if I unintentionally did anything that was perceived in a negative way? If you're saying I'm nicer in person than I am online, I'm sure Jake would beg to differ XD

In any case, no hard feelings to anyone, and yes that includes what's-his-face who was calling us "smash scrubbies". You're free to think what you wish.

As for me, it is my intention to go play with my new toy (DS "legal backup games" FTW!)

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
NOONONONONO... i edited that post, i guess not in time :(:( it wasnt directed towards you. youre an awesome person, dont worry. I know you wouldnt say stuff like that.
<33
Okay. You had me worried. I have a knack for accidentally pissing people off.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
aight back on altergenesis' case... please don't say those stuff, it bother a lot of smashers...

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just drop the Street Fighter thing in any case guys. It doesn't matter. Let people miss out on Smash if they want, those of us who are smarter can enjoy both games.

NB$

Smash Cadet
Now you've gone too far. Shut up you Smash Scrubbies. Learn another game. I'm through here. Don't bother replying.
Whats wrong with you first you're sayin sorry and stuff of the tourney and how it turned out and now your turning your back on people who smash and its like saying who cares about smash now, WTF is wrong with you ****** make up your mind.

lol noob...
We are going to learn another game...
super smahs brawl o.<
Exactly were still going to play smash... a new version of smash ******, and its "a different game"

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Now you've gone too far. Shut up you Smash Scrubbies. Learn another game. I'm through here.
Anyone who saw me play at the tournament knows that I could probably give you and your club a run for your money in street fighter,
Infact, nobody in the street fighter community knows or cares about your club either, so what does that say about you? And I dont see what us playing smash has to do with you being stupid, unless of course it angers you so much that we're playing a game you probably suck at.

D

Deleted member

Anyone who saw me play at the tournament knows that I could probably give you and your club a run for your money in street fighter,
Infact, nobody in the street fighter community knows or cares about your club either, so what does that say about you? And I dont see what us playing smash has to do with you being stupid, unless of course it angers you so much that we're playing a game you probably suck at.
owned .

Top Bottom