• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Sauga! Mississauga, Ontario / JAN 6th UPDATED w/RULES AND STUFF

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the hints raynEX I appreaciate them (i don't think i spelt that right ='[ ) anyways now im training Falcon to be my main, anyone got tips?

p.s Do I have your name on my GC =S, it was the one those 4 chairs there, and a small t.c beside it.

MEGAMUS

Smash Rookie
i got some footage of some friendlies and most of my matches. my chick filmed it but it ain't too great. dunno if i faced u though. what's ur nametag, i'll check to see if i got u on there. if/when i get the cables i'll see if i can upload.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
i got some footage of some friendlies and most of my matches. my chick filmed it but it ain't too great. dunno if i faced u though. what's ur nametag, i'll check to see if i got u on there. if/when i get the cables i'll see if i can upload.
Mega, please send me your contact info through PM. I lost that paper LOL.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
HMP22: I should hate you and kill you because you're a DDR fan, but I think you're cool so I'll spare you. LOL. No worries about the $4. It's okay. Thanks for showing up man. I really wanted to say goodbye to you but NNR told me you just disappeared and left o_0. Seems like you didn't enjoy yourself there though LOL. Hope to see you again. Hope that asian chick wasn't too bored.
She was bored as hell, but she's pretty easygoing. We had more fun later anyways, walking from the venue all the way to Square One (only to find out it was locked) and then going to Playdium. heh.

Anyways, I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't having much fun, but I honestly think you were trying your best and regardless of how it went, I give you a ton of respect for actually trying to organize a tournament at all, which is better than the vast majority of players will do. You obviously have passion for the game and are willing to work hard to make sure everyone has a good time, the only thing holding you back is that next time you really should rent a venue... actually, the basement wasn't so bad if it was cleaned up a bit and you had more TVs.

Organizing tournaments isn't easy, I know that firsthand, and so does Jake. Like I said, mad respect. You have ten times the heart for this game that I do at this point, and I admire that. Don't be discouraged, give it your best shot again next time and I think you could host a great tournament.

Come to our next tournament and play some matches with me. Same goes for anyone else who I've never played against... I'm actually thinking I might want to start getting into Smash again, kinda.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
She was bored as hell, but she's pretty easygoing. We had more fun later anyways, walking from the venue all the way to Square One (only to find out it was locked) and then going to Playdium. heh.

Anyways, I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't having much fun, but I honestly think you were trying your best and regardless of how it went, I give you a ton of respect for actually trying to organize a tournament at all, which is better than the vast majority of players will do. You obviously have passion for the game and are willing to work hard to make sure everyone has a good time, the only thing holding you back is that next time you really should rent a venue... actually, the basement wasn't so bad if it was cleaned up a bit and you had more TVs.

Organizing tournaments isn't easy, I know that firsthand, and so does Jake. Like I said, mad respect. You have ten times the heart for this game that I do at this point, and I admire that. Don't be discouraged, give it your best shot again next time and I think you could host a great tournament.

Come to our next tournament and play some matches with me. Same goes for anyone else who I've never played against... I'm actually thinking I might want to start getting into Smash again, kinda.

Thank you man. I really appreciate that man, really do. And I'll do my best to make the next NNR tournament. I was aware of the recent one but I was at another gaming tournament for another game at that date.

I've seen you're posts, you did look like you lacked passion for Smash. It's good to hear that you want to get into the game again. :].

BTW. Do you happen to know a guy in Mississauga named Alex, he's a DDR head.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
BreadX: Dude, you know I had to put you first. Your freaking amazing. Hardest player I ever have to play. As if your tech. skill wasn't enough, your mindgames are so whack. Honestly, I swear when I say Bam has nothing on you. I played him, maybe he was sandbagging..but dude. In regards to what you said about my play style, when your on, your the best falco I've ever played. What I reeeeally want to see, is you against falsefalco. I'd pay to see that shkeet. (BTW. GGS on that mute city counterpick, you really f*ed me up on that one.)
There's a reason why Bam got second/tied for first in that NNR tournament. ;)

He also got 7th at Conneticut (or was it 9th?) and 2nd in Teams with Vwins. :O

Volasko

Smash Ace
Last but not least... Volasko's shoutouts:

In no particular order:

TyrantWolf: Much apprieciated setting this tourney up. Sure there were some problems but all and all it went well. When I first showed up I wont lie, I didnt expect it to run smoothly but your hard efforts quickly changed that. I just wanted to say one lil thing. The reason I didnt stick around for singles is because I was kinda erked about the lack of TVs. Not that its your fault that we only have 5-6 TVs but the fact that two of them were being used up for 64 smash and various other PS2 fighters. You mentioned that the guys who hosted the tourney were bored and wanted to play something... but then why were we paying some "management fee" for this tourney?? Anyways Im not gonna go into the other cleanlyness issues, that was already said by NNR.... harshly I may add lol

The Problem and Zero: You guys definitly surprised me the most this tourney. You guys played REALLY well for your first toruney. Just start showing up to more of these things!!! Had a great time playing you guys in those friendlies and the two times in doubles.

Tai: marth ditto lolololz... Good matches! I think I was just in your head those games, and I could tell you were getting frustrated, which actually makes me play better. Sproket said it best "When playing in an important match keep ALL comments to yourself. The more you verbally express how you missed some move, or how you screwed up, the more your opponent will feed off of it making him play better."

NNR: Hmm yeah I hate you all so you can all go **** your selves.. lol Especially those queers Noah and Bernard. Heh you dont understand how much I played those semi final matches through my head...... And I know its not a big deal but I realized that we technically played FD twice (first and 2nd match) but then we wernt allowed to pick Battlefield twice..... controversy!!!!!! lolzz We will get you next time when I sub in brandon's peach to put a hurtin on those gay space animals

Marco: stop laughing... that stupid ceiling fan hurt!!

Team older than you signing out.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thank you man. I really appreciate that man, really do. And I'll do my best to make the next NNR tournament. I was aware of the recent one but I was at another gaming tournament for another game at that date.

I've seen you're posts, you did look like you lacked passion for Smash. It's good to hear that you want to get into the game again. :].

BTW. Do you happen to know a guy in Mississauga named Alex, he's a DDR head.
Yes, Alex is Annie's ex. We were hanging out with her after the tournament. I'm better than him ^____^

ChrnoX

Smash Cadet
ChrnoX: *claps* You. My friend have unreal potential. I saw that Fox video of yours and it was HORRIBLE. I was worried that you would get your *** kicked right and left with that type of play but you're 2 week progress still amazes me man. MVP for sure man. You gotta come to bimonthlies man, you gotta.

Jason/Marco/Hong: Man oh man. You three have no idea what sort of inspiration and passion you guys have given me for the game. Thanks so much for making it. I really hope to see you in the future. LOL TURD FLINGING MONKEYS.

at first i thought i was gonna get owned by everyone but then i played a couple ppl and watched them and it seemed to me that i was at everyones level or higher lol

D

Deleted member

at first i thought i was gonna get owned by everyone but then i played a couple ppl and watched them and it seemed to me that i was at everyones level or higher lol
But then I 4 stocked you lol

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, churches are open to these kind of things, so it shouldn't be too hard to set up the next tourny there. Also, there are 2 churches around where we live, and we should try setting it up at the one near Central Parkway Mall (I think it's somewhere down there, I might be wrong.)

D

Deleted member

Sounds good guys, remember, if anyone has any hopes / plans to host and ****, we'll give advice or help or whatever. Just get the venue on the phone and get it secured, we'll back you up.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Ooooooh, the team challenges begin.

The Green Jelly Bean team can and WILL win the next tourney..... regardless if they even run doubles!

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
roflolol. Thats liek prtty funny bernard that liek you think you can pwn team ghey n gayr in something. But no thats liek real cool and everything. gl hf lolol

Well i guess we could make this liek a little more fair. Maybe we could liek face two teams at once mayb, dunno just a suggestion.

altergenesis

Smash Rookie
Hi, altergenesis here, the director and administrator of Mississauga's gaming scene G3Evolution. I was just informed today about how this tournament went and well quite for lack of a better, nicer word, surprised. I'm glad to see that some of you had a good time and I do apologize for any problems you might've had. I mention this because this tournament was (not completely sure) held under the G3Evolution name. Do not think badly of our scene and thank you for showing your support for games. We'll all gamers in the end. Until I actually have a say in one of these tournies, whether it matters to you or not, these tournaments will be seperate from G3Evolution. (A message to TyrantWolf who I had completely no contact with and just found out is living in Toronto from an outside source.) Have a nice day and keep smashing.

AlterGenesis,
G3Evolution Director

Top Bottom