• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash Of Brokenness! IV Battle of Truthiness! (April 25th) Chicago, Illinois

ook

Smash Lord
What I did last time was just park at a train station and take the train/bus to the venue from there.... cause it drops you off right in front.

and it's fun riding on the train, lol :bee: I love public transportation, it's so awesome

but yeah, what vayseth said.

cykofox

Smash Ace
What I did last time was just park at a train station and take the train/bus to the venue from there.... cause it drops you off right in front.

and it's fun riding on the train, lol :bee: I love public transportation, it's so awesome

ook are you wearing shoes to tournaments now?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
awww no mvc2? lol what about soul calibur 4 :'(
there will be casuals at the venue the friday before the tournament for both games. and on saturday, the day of the tournament, i'm sure we can fit some casuals in at some point.

2nd'd

/10windleaps
Talim is SO FUN TO PLAY IN SC3

SC3 = Melee

SC4 = Brawl

Play SC3 with me :) (yes! I actually do like this game A LOT BETTER than 4 now)

Only if they tell me I have to. I don't want no trouble... :p

But shoes make your feet smell and make you walk funny
http://nymag.com/health/features/46213/
I KNEW I WASN'T SEEING THINGS. You were actually walking around the basement barefooted...lol! Too good. Hopefully you'll most definitely will be able to make the tournament Ook!!!

meh i don't like stepping on sharp stuff that hurts my feet.
I was barefooted for 11 years of my life, I was in martial arts. A year before I quit...I stepped on a safety pin...and wore shoes ever since.

Yes I cried like a little bitch...and everyone laughed...

TRUE STORY...:urg:

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Cosmo about Soul Calibur 4, I will see if we do a tournament for it. I can talk to some of the Calibur guys and I might be able to run it around 7 PM.

I made a few changes to the Main Post,

1) I added a new rule for Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2

2) I added a new Tournament to run at Noon. We are doing Street Fighter 4 2v2 Teams. It will be a $5 per Person tournament and the rules are in the Main Post. See if anyone wants to enter that event and try out teams for SF4! ^_^

Also, I have talked to a few TOs about the Venue so hopefully they remember what i told them and I will inform you guys this weekend with a New Post on all the things and Tournament Schedule and everything for the 25th! ^_^

~PsykoTek~

Smash Cadet
I'd show up at this tourney again if parking in Chicago were'nt so ****ign aggrivating and ridiclious, just thinking about it makes me wanna spit D:<

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
That's a dumb rule.
Vayseth I already had talks to Killtz and GTFO about it, last month I just let it go this month and see hot it played out. They seem find with it.

Is either that or I just stop doing Revolution 2 tournaments. I know you really don't care since you don't even enter that tournament to begin with, but others players still want to play it. I am just trying to make it fair. I won't be surprised if by July I have like half the cast banned in Revolution 2. XD

I'd show up at this tourney again if parking in Chicago were'nt so ****ign aggrivating and ridiclious, just thinking about it makes me wanna spit D:<

I know what you mean.....

But also, people have obviously not seen the Main Post where under Tournament Location it says "TBD" = To Be Determined.

The Venue Location has not been finalized cause me and Les are looking for alternatives to host these events and make it more enjoyable for everyone. This is also why I posted I will update everyone by this Weekend, cause I will have a confirmed venue by then. We are close to a deal with a couple venues and these places are more reasonable and away from the Downtown traffic and Traffic Parking meters.... I will inform you guys with all the info this Weekend. ^_^

GrandDuelist Trinity

Smash Cadet
ehh well at least theirs soul calibur 4 lol :] not many people played mvc2 when i was at big c house. only person that beat me once was Viperboy :( which was lucky o and khepri i havent played brawl in a minute but i want a rematch :( ur CF and zamus is mean nasty

smash superstar

Smash Ace
So many games to choose from!!! =0

More than likely I will be trying my luck in Melee singles/ doubles
and Ill prob go ahead and do Brawl doubles, dout I will be in singles though
and May try some 64 singles

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Grimace, I will try. I will get it finalized by Monday. ^_^

Also I updated the Main Post. New Tournament was added, Tourney pic was added, and Smash 64 will be on Wii! ^_^

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
me and henrik might show up, depending on the venue.....AND the weather. the rain last time was not helpful.

i'll try to find a small tv for melee, no promises tho

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Some you may forgotten rules:

SC4:

Bonus Characters Banned

S!AH2:

Winner can change Arcana. Loser may change character and Arcana.

CvS2:

double elimination
Ratio Team Battle
Ratio 4 characters Banned
EX Groove Banned
Orochi Iori, Evil Ryu, Omega Rugal, and Shin Gouki/Akuma Banned
roll canceling allowed
2/3 matches winners and losers - brackets
3/5 matches winners losers, and grand - finals
stage is alway random, not that it matters....lol
Winner may change order of team or groove. Loser may change team, order of team, or groove.

KOF 2002 Unlimited Match:

double elimination
team battles
clone zero, zero, ignitz, omega rugal, krizalid, and nightmare geese Banned
2/3 matches winners and losers - brackets
3/5 matches winners losers, and grand - finals
stage is alway random, not that it matters....lol
Winner may change order of team. Loser may change team or order of team.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ugh, it looks like I have some family stuff coming up that Saturday, so I'll be missing this one guys :/

Sucks to fall behind in points and stuff, but I don't have much of a choice >_<

Dr.K

Smash Rookie
I'll most likely be going. Nightwing's going too. We're trying to get our little oshkosh group we had to go.

-Brawl Singles

Dr.K

Smash Rookie

The train CAN be fun. It's when you arrive in Chicago and don't know the way...the fun mysteriously dissipates after that lol

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Justownin i think he meant the tournament. >_>

The day of April 25th falls during an away game for the Cubs, so parking by Screenz will not be as bad as I thought.

I am atm negotiating a venue fee for the tourney, hopefully reduced and also Zjiin, I am working on that to. I am trying to see if they are going to give me the back room of the basement or the back room in the main floor. I will keep you updated on that info. I should know by Wednesday which room i get.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
OMFG!!! JUST OWNIN POST ON HERE TOO!!!

GAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jimmy, do you actually play smash brothers...

even I wouldn't have guessed that...

and thus I have beened OWNED...

LMMFAO :laugh:

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Sign me up for Brawl Singles and maybe doubles. Doubles depends on if I get a partner and if I've got the money >_>

Dr.K

Smash Rookie
Justownin i think he meant the tournament. >_>

The day of April 25th falls during an away game for the Cubs, so parking by Screenz will not be as bad as I thought.

I am atm negotiating a venue fee for the tourney, hopefully reduced and also Zjiin, I am working on that to. I am trying to see if they are going to give me the back room of the basement or the back room in the main floor. I will keep you updated on that info. I should know by Wednesday which room i get.
lol, yeah, pretty much. I just need a time and price and possibly a good map. I know chicago has less parking then, say, a town recently hit by a hurricane known as "ike" lol...unless of course you want to pay them (the city) an arm and a leg just to park in a parking lott or even on the road.

Love the city, hate hate HATE their road system

Quaz

Smash Master
Yup, definitely going. But you know what would be sweet? A time on this.
Kyle if I get off work can I just ride with you? I wanna destroy everyone in brawl with peach. Then I can team with khepri and take 1st place teams in brawl lol.

o not to mention that kels would be going down in melee. Fox season time baby.

but I probably wont get off work anyways because I'm so lame =(

Dr.K

Smash Rookie
Kyle if I get off work can I just ride with you? I wanna destroy everyone in brawl with peach. Then I can team with khepri and take 1st place teams in brawl lol.

o not to mention that kels would be going down in melee. Fox season time baby.

but I probably wont get off work anyways because I'm so lame =(
lol, quaz, we're all taking the train most likely. Cheaper, faster, and as long as we know where to go, should go pretty smoothly. This all, of course, depends on the time of when we gotta be there.

Top Bottom