• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Circuit Event] **Fuhgeddaboudit 2** 9/29 Oshkosh, WI

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
you sayin my falcon sucks?
Well it HAS lost to my Ness every single time we've done that matchup... (nevermind it was just once and a lucky ending, of course)

@Sync:
Well then the whole "Ness for top tier" will live on, won't it? :p

Drephen

Smash Master
You're right. i'm telling everyone to stop being so sensitive and use some logic when using emotions. Video games RL anger is illogical. Especially when directed towards others.

That works both ways. Some people just don't care for to tend to other's people's feelings. Welcome to the real world.
Getting angry over games is illogical? Ever been to a football game? Whole cities revolve around a football game. People get shot over it.

Fact is it doesnt matter if you get emotional over video games, if someone is in your face trash talking you, anyone would get mad about it. I wasnt there but sounds like most of the trash talk wasnt even about smash at all.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
No, the trash talk was about Smash as far as I know. It got out of hand when it got taken personally.

Careful though, it almost sounds like you're defending violence there. I'm sure you're not, though.

I do see your point that, yes, it's easy to see why someone can get angry over a game. However, that doesn't mean it's excusable.

theLEMON

Smash Cadet
bzzl nice post on pg 89. you pretty much summed it all up. there are 2 types of mindgames. in game and outside of the game. trash talking is an outside of the game mindgame. some people use it to their advantage and some dont. some see it as cheap, annoying and distracting, some see it as a tactic. either way no matter how much anyone *****es its still gonna happen so getting on here and complaining/whining/threatening over it isnt gonna change/solve anything. so if youre one of the people that doesnt like it, bring an ipod or somethin and tune that **** out.

Zicore

Smash Champion
bzzl thats just like how i've never lost to tapion in falcon dittos :)
and I only lost one to you...outta 3. So does this mean that I beat tapion?

also...

HI TAPION! Long time no see. I changed mains now, I am gonna go with Capt. Falcon. I realize that people can see peach's downsmash coming 5 times in a row. Wish you could have made it to the tourney. It would have been a lot better.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
i do not remember the beating u gave us but i do remember owning ur ***** at FC6 that was like the easiest teams match we did all tourny =)
....how do you remember the one from longer ago? :'( You're suppose to remember the losses more not the victories (cries a little inside)

nah tapion u need to get that fat *** samus player that fat *** marth player and ur fat *** falcon traveling again its the end of melee and u guys are gonna spend it in wisconsin. I better see u at MSOP or a thumping shall occur
I haven't been able to travel because of serious money issues. I did recently get a job though which is very flexible as far as shift switching goes, so I should be able to make many more tournaments now. Where's MSOP?

edit: EoF I hate you :'( You said you wouldn't bring that up anymore...

Edit 2:
so if youre one of the people that doesnt like it, bring an ipod or somethin and tune that **** out.
yeah cuz everyone has those/the ability to do that...

And bzzl, Drephen wasn't defending violence at all.. he was simply stating that people get illogically emotional over everything, even games, and football was his example.

Chexr

Smash Ace
i demand spikes post the match where I beat Tink....and not the other two where I got completely *****

also I think I left my smash at your house Zicore it was the one in the GH2:Encore case that everyone kept bugging me about

D. Disciple

Smash Master
bzzl nice post on pg 89. you pretty much summed it all up. there are 2 types of mindgames. in game and outside of the game. trash talking is an outside of the game mindgame. some people use it to their advantage and some dont. some see it as cheap, annoying and distracting, some see it as a tactic. either way no matter how much anyone *****es its still gonna happen so getting on here and complaining/whining/threatening over it isnt gonna change/solve anything. so if youre one of the people that doesnt like it, bring an ipod or somethin and tune that **** out.
Is that why Eddie and Iggy wear there ipods during matches?

Chexr - SDM has your copy of Smash.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
And bzzl, Drephen wasn't defending violence at all.. he was simply stating that people get illogically emotional over everything, even games, and football was his example.
"Getting angry over games is illogical? Ever been to a football game? Whole cities revolve around a football game. People get shot over it."

Maybe I misread it, but the first sentence sounds like disbelief that getting angry could possibly be illogical. Please correct me if I was wrong, drephen. :)

@theLemon
Thank ya, sir. :)

Zjiin

Smash Master
Getting angry over games is illogical? Ever been to a football game? Whole cities revolve around a football game. People get shot over it.
Yeah, i agree football games create a lot of anger, but that doesn't make them logical. People don't have conversation like this:

"I thought you always drove to work."

"I usually do, but my car was destroyed because i parked it near the stadium when the bears lost"

"Well that's what you get. You should have known better."

"I know, i just wasn't thinking."

That's not a likely reaction, because violence over a competitive sport, is illogical. It happens, yes, but that's only because people vent improperly or look for a black sheep to pin their problems on.

Sliq

Smash Master
There is too much butthurt and fail in this topic.

"Violence in the voice is often only the death rattle of reason in the throat." ~John Frederick Boyes

Violence is almost never acceptable. A lack of self control is not an acceptable excuse for violence, just like being drunk isn't an excuse for acting like an idiot or ****** a girl because she was asking for it by dressing that way.

Element of Fire: I hope that you are still in high school, otherwise there is no hope for you becoming not a giant failure.

Anger is to be expected, but violence is unacceptable.

Also, here you go Big C, this should help:

Also:

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Normally I do my shouts off of placement but I don't have that so I'll do em off memory

shoutzz

Zicore - 6-0 baby! I smelled your change. thanks for buying me candy and soda <3
Hayate - OH MAN that first game on Yoshi's was such a ripoff
Sparrow - gj in teams, I didn't think we were doing too hot in pools wh
dadiskapull - lol pika gimps, you shouldn't have switched
zee-us - good friendlies, chill out next time though, nobody in WI likes lone either so it's not like you have to worry about defending yourself lol
deepak - long sleeve shirts for life, i have haggard johns tho
ethan - adding another 'gj in crews', also, I WISH YOU MERRY CHRISTMAS
quaz - that hug was not a mistake
zjiin - fun set, im sorry about chronosquare dude
eci - lol mewtwo? you should have let me come back on jungle japes
flux - thanks for helping me unload, I appreciated it. use wirbelwind!!!
bzzl - lol we tried so hard to get that setup to work. Next time we'll plan it out haha. ggs in teams
sago - you're my hero, you put the **** in fudgebutttits

everyone else - thanks for coming and having fun!!!

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Alright, I wish I could've mentioned this earlier... but at the time I tried it Smashboards was down horrendously, and I've been busy until then. Bzzl, while that VirtualDub you mentioned looks great for helping me edit stuff, unfortunately it's still not what I need... Apparently, .mov is NOT considered a media file. WTF.

I tried searching for a .mov file converter, but the one I found for free wasn't supported by Vista and it wouldn't open for me, so I couldn't use that. It's not quite the end of the week yet, I would still like to try and do some editing myself; if I can't find something by the end of the week (IE Sunday) then I will find a way to send the 1 GB + of files to Spikes so he can put them up.

Sliq

Smash Master
Anger isn't logical, and neither is violence. Who mentioned anger being logical? It is about using your head and controlling your inhibitions, not letting your emotions run your life.

Zicore

Smash Champion
why can't we just drop it? I hate all this hatred between the MW states. WI owns. MN owns (a little less because they have the vikings), Illinois owns (as much as WI because yes...they have Eddie...but they have Rex Grossman)...WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Nice C.A.

And besides, logical and illogical things can be defined. Anger may be warranted/deserved/reasonable in certain situations, but it is not logical...

Puffinator

Smash Ace
ok who cares about the trash talking. we need to move on to a morse serious issue

WHAT ABOUT ME AS BEST ASIAN?!!1 i mean cmon did u guys just forget that im asian or something wth
i at least wanna be top 3 asian in wisconsin my god

Zicore

Smash Champion
ok who cares about the trash talking. we need to move on to a morse serious issue

WHAT ABOUT ME AS BEST ASIAN?!!1 i mean cmon did u guys just forget that im asian or something wth
i at least wanna be top 3 asian in wisconsin my god
you can be #3. Roger is first. Gary is Second. Puff Third. Kevin can be last...

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Sorry puff, but your Indian, not Asian. I may as well be Asian because I'm part Russian, and all middle eastern people might as well be Asian. Asian's are more classified as oriental :-P

Puffinator

Smash Ace
Sorry puff, but your Indian, not Asian. I may as well be Asian because I'm part Russian, and all middle eastern people might as well be Asian. Asian's are more classified as oriental :-P
yeah they're classified as oriental, but that doesnt mean im not asian :(

although india is a subcontinent it's still part of asia so cmon people

watever ill settle for third. as long as im in front of kevin

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
so this is the asian ranking
coolster: roger, hayate. and noone care about the rest
skill: hayate, roger(his link is not as top tire as crashman)
overall: hayate+roger>>>>>>>>>>>>>WI+MN
THE GUY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>USA

THE GUY is amazing

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Dude **** yeah The Guy is the ****. Little Greg is one gooso *** too.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Quaz is better at being asian then you though...
I didn't cut my hair my entire junior year of High School (giving me an unwanted emo look as a side-effect) partially to see how long I could go, partically due to laziness, and partially to see if I could get it long enough to turn it into a topknot so I could poise as a sumo, even if only for once or twice. >.> <.<

SUKIYAKI!

Zicore

Smash Champion
I didn't cut my hair my entire junior year of High School (giving me an unwanted emo look as a side-effect) partially to see how long I could go, partically due to laziness, and partially to see if I could get it long enough to turn it into a topknot so I could poise as a sumo, even if only for once or twice. >.> <.<

SUKIYAKI!
And this is why I am not taking you anywhere anymore. Get your own ride to MSOP and to Viva La Smash...

theLEMON

Smash Cadet
tapion if you dont have an ipod or another music listening device get some earplugs. theyre probably less than a dollar.

Blampphhhh!

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Ear plugs hardly do anything. They aren't meant to drown out 100%, or even 80% of the sound you're hearing, just make it softer and protect your eardrums in specific situations like at shooting ranges...

BLAMPH!!

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
This is what Jiano's mom hears right before I give her a fresh coat of paint on her face.
LOL THIS TRASHTALK HAS GONE TOO FAR LOL IM GONNA BEAT YOUR *** NEXT TIME I SEE YOU CUZ THATS HOW WE DO IT HERE IN THE MW ***** LOL SLIQ YOU THINK YOURE SO COOL BUT IMMA FIGHT YOUR *** AND WE WILL SEE WHO IS THE REAL O.G. IN THE MIDWEST LOL MAN UP *****

Top Bottom