• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Circuit Event] **Fuhgeddaboudit 2** 9/29 Oshkosh, WI

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
That's probably true. Assuming, of course, that by b.a. you mean total scrubs that are unaware of how to play Ganon.
My Ganon is bad, I'll admit that. Edge's Ganon, however, is pretty good. Lets take into consideration that he does not own a gamecube and has been playing for about a year and MAYBE once a week. He needs to work on a few things, but his tech skill is solid.

But yeah...was just messin around about the whole b.a. thing. Hope you didn't get too offended about it.

Zjiin

Smash Master
My Ganon is bad, I'll admit that. Edge's Ganon, however, is pretty good. Lets take into consideration that he does not own a gamecube and has been playing for about a year and MAYBE once a week. He needs to work on a few things, but his tech skill is solid.

But yeah...was just messin around about the whole b.a. thing. Hope you didn't get too offended about it.
#1. Don't apologize to C.A. because it will arouse him.

#2. As for Edge's playing, no johnz!

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
I wasn't making any "johnz" for Edge's playing. Hes pretty good for the little amount of play time he's had. Now if I said "He lost because he doesn't play much" then THAT would have been a "john."

Eci4

Smash Ace
saying he's good considering anything equals a john... There are no "doesn't own a gamecube tournies" so it will never matter.

You know who is good considering he doesn't own a gamecube? PC Chris.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
saying he's good considering anything equals a john... There are no "doesn't own a gamecube tournies" so it will never matter.

You know who is good considering he doesn't own a gamecube? PC Chris.
The only times people say "no johnz" is for when someone is trying to justify a reason for why they lost. In my case, I'm not trying to justify a reason for why Edge lost.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I don't own a copy of SSBM, and the only times that I play are at tournaments, or the day before tournaments. You can spam johns all you want, but Edge probably plays more than I do.

Zjiin

Smash Master

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Seriously, no johns. It's not a terribly difficult concept to understand.
Actually it IS a difficult concept to understand when people don't use the word correctly. I say that Edge is good for not owning a gamecube and thats a john. So if I were to say CaptainAwesome is pretty good for not owning a copy of smash would you consider that a john as well?

Edge doesn't own cube = John
Captain Awesome doesn't own smash = ???

I still want to make sure people remember that I am NOT justifying a reason for why Edge lost any of his matches.

And CaptainAwesome...you're still taking this way to **** seriously.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Edge doesn't own cube = John
Captain Awesome doesn't own smash = ???
Just because you're not losing, doesn't mean you're not johning.

The difference between captain awesome's comment and yours is he didn't bring his up to defend his playing, he brought it up to show you what a john is.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
So then what is considered a fact or even something acceptable vs. a john?

If you're not sure by what I mean, I can provide an example:

Lets say I played Mew2King and lost horribly (no surprise there). Would it be acceptable for me to say "The only reason why I lost to Mew2King is because he has way more experience than me" or is that just another john?

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
The fact that you think I'm taking this seriously is too funny. If anything, you're the one taking this too seriously.

I maintain widespread popularity within the community because I'm not a *****. I'm one of the most chill people you'll ever meet, and getting you upset over nothing is just a way for me to kill time before my night actually begins. GG

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm pretty sure I got down the real definition of a john, but its only inevitable when someone will come along and abuse it.

And CaptainAwesome, I'm glad to hear that you're not taking this seriously. You're right in saying that we're scrubs though. Have a good night.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Maybe just get iMovie and upload the entire .mov
Huh? Why would would I need another program to upload the .mov with no changes? That's what I HAVE been doing - uploading my videos straight from the camera with no editing so far - what I'm saying is here, I DO want to some editing, because otherwise there'd be like 20 separate vids to watch the entire crew battle, and my two mm's that got recorded are all three(/four) matches in one batch, too big to even upload under YouTube's 10:00 limit.

Why is this thread open, the tournaments been over for like a week now.
Even were this thread of FBT2 to be closed, I would make a new thread solely for the purposes of finding a ****ing way to edit these god ****ed .mov files. ****ing quicktime...

Sliq

Smash Master
Huh? Why would would I need another program to upload the .mov with no changes? That's what I HAVE been doing - uploading my videos straight from the camera with no editing so far - what I'm saying is here, I DO want to some editing, because otherwise there'd be like 20 separate vids to watch the entire crew battle, and my two mm's that got recorded are all three(/four) matches in one batch, too big to even upload under YouTube's 10:00 limit.

Even were this thread of FBT2 to be closed, I would make a new thread solely for the purposes of finding a ****ing way to edit these god ****ed .mov files. ****ing quicktime...

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Page 99 of an otherwise dead forum. Hm. If only I were an administrator. I would send the Balrog to Spikes' house to constantly whip him until he puts up vids, and then I would close this forum.

j/k Spikes, take your time. but seriously hurry and get those vids up. but no pressure. but hurry.

The vids up so far are awesome. Everyone was playing well at Fuhgeddaboudit 2. Except Team Where's My Money. Team Where's My Money was not in the groove.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Huh? Why would would I need another program to upload the .mov with no changes? That's what I HAVE been doing - uploading my videos straight from the camera with no editing so far - what I'm saying is here, I DO want to some editing, because otherwise there'd be like 20 separate vids to watch the entire crew battle, and my two mm's that got recorded are all three(/four) matches in one batch, too big to even upload under YouTube's 10:00 limit..
Can you upload them to Google Video? The long ones, that is? No time limits on there, and I've actually seen quite a few crew battles put there. (probably for that reason)

The MM's I could see edting being good for, though.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Sweet mother of mary I have found a converter! I'm feeling SUPA! :p

Now, all I need to do is **** around until I'm satisfied with the quality of the output file, then edit it from there... since I mistook the time today being 5 hours behind (stupid microwave gave me the wrong time :mad:), there's still my homework for the weekend (as well as a project I need to devote some time to), so I can't give an estimate of when I'll have the crew battles up... I'm gonna guess by Wed hopefully.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting on a list of who participated in the crews in what order, including that first match that wasn't recorded by me. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom