• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

yysu

Smash Cadet
Husy and i are planning on going to Tearbear's and we are going from san ysidro, so if anyone from CHULA VISTA is going we can offer a ride for $1

we could Pick you up at E St/ H St / Palomar St trolley stations...

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
terry said he's doing a 64 event for $1 so i'll be doing that. Terry also said justin is going so I expect some Melee ha

Tearbear

Smash Ace
yes

plz come and play with us

if ur still at ur house u better leave now we got like

or msg me on aim if u want me to sign u up for an event

tevo1992

Hall

Smash Ace
Terry answer your phone **** you. Anyway, if this is going on I'll be there, if at least only for singles. I'm currently finishing off my super madass malware so I'll be able to check the boards again consistently soon.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
smashfest my house tuesday and thursday in prep for larry's bday and MLG and getting better in general

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Burnt if you want you can try and carpool with me. I don't live anywhere near la jolla but I'm usually ~ 15 minutes away on sundays when the tournies are. You could throw in $3 to $4 for gas?

Anyways SD4 was very fun. SDSU represented! WOO!

yysu

Smash Cadet
We will see if we can drop at the smashfest on the week.... Yesterday was realy fun, i personally need to play all of you guys to level up!

Tearbear thanks for the tourney and the pizza!!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Chill, your personal problems matter little to me. I can't empathize or sympathize with someone that wishes he could fuck me, dressed as a coyote.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'm superbly busy.

1. SAT/ACT/AP Tests
2. Classes in general
3. State Speech Tournament in April
4. National Speech Tournament in June
5. Twelfth Night (Show) until end of April
6. Everything Else.
7. Brawl

(If there's like a smashfest or something soon I may be able to drop by).

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
xD

Oats!! I need lucas tips!!!
Don't play Lucas. He's bad.

But seriously, f-tilt like a beast. Pivot-grab on some character's approaches. Nair/Uair out of shield. Platform camp with dair, and throw out random dtilts and hit them with the very tip of it so that they can trip and you can follow up with a fsmash that they can't punish (if buffered).

PK thunder when they're recovering but always hit with the tail of it. Figure-8 formations, or making a giant "G" with PK Thunder in the area you think they're di-ing towards (mid-air) is the best way to halt their recovery as the little hit-stun of the PK Thunder's tail will cause them to lose altitude. If they're under the stage, hit them with the side of the PK Thunder head and make sure it's perpendicular to where you want them to fly (into the stage or away from the stage; into the stage is better usually.)

Dsmash is under-utilized and is great for reading spot-dodges and rolls; never up-smash unless you know they're going to roll. If you're a beast, you'll dtilt twice, they'll roll through it, and then you buffer the up-smash. This trick really only works once though.

Rope-snake on the recovery when you can, and always aim for the ledge with PK Thunder-2 (when you hit yourself.)

Always auto-cancel your nairs, and know the different heights.

Never PK Fire more than twice. Use the PK Fire to space, never to hit. They can power shield and **** you up.

Don't play Lucas against Marth, Snake, Meta-Knight, Olimar, or Donkey Kong. You're not going to win.

The only high-tiers Lucas can compete with are Falcos, Dededes, and I.C.s.

I don't know about Diddy Kong. I have a feeling it could work, but I'm an optimist when it comes to match-ups (the bane of a low-tier main.)

If you want to be super-cool, just kill someone with an upsmash or bair.

If you want to be an alpha beast, don't do anything in a match for 6 minutes, and still win.

(One of four times I ever gave sincere Lucas advice.)

D

Deleted member

Oats can i have some lucas tips?

excellent waste of 10 seconds of my life

Top Bottom