• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

$BONE$

Smash Ace

Chula Vista's Little League Dreams Come True

By Ana Tintocalis

August 30, 2009

SAN DIEGO — Chula Vista's Park View Little League team is now the best little league team in the world. The South Bay sluggers came from behind to beat Taiwan 6-3 in the Little League World Series yesterday. Chula Vista fans say there's a new pride in the community.

One of several watching parties took place at The Brewhouse at Eastlake. Some fans could hardly contain their excitement. Others, like Pat Griffiths, were left rather speechless.

"These kids are special," Griffiths said. "These kids are unbelievable."

Fans at The Brewhouse compared Chula Vista's win to the San Diego Chargers winning the Super Bowl. Troy Vierra, a Chula Vista teacher and resident, says that might explain why so many grown men are now trying to squeeze into their old Chula Vista little league jerseys.

“We all play little league, so you remember that," Vierra said. "You can remember being on the All-Stars teams. You might have won the first round but lost the second round. This (winning the Little League World Series) is very hard to do.”

Sara Casas-Silva, a Chula Vista native, says the kids are bringing back hope and happiness. She says the players epitomize the heart and soul of this South Bay city.

“There so many thriving young people here. There are so many exciting things going on. I always love coming back home, but not just coming back home to San Diego. I love coming home to Chula Vista.”

And the boys are expected to come home this week.

Chula Vista Park View becomes the second team from San Diego County to win the Little League World Series. El Cajon-La Mesa won the title in 1961.
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2009/aug/30/chula-vistas-little-league-dreams-come-true/

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Yeah that was me.

I didn't catch the name of my doubles partner. He plays a really great Lucario. I felt kind of bad for performing so poorly. It took me a while to get back into the groove.
Don't even worry about it. I thought it was kinda fun pairing new faces with some of the veterans.

Also you ganoncided Havok lol.

Fierce, I'm pretty sure every single one of us knew that you don't know how to quit us.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Kfeh. I had fun today. Getting to see the community was entertaining, and the matches that I played were fun too. It's a pity that I wasn't actually able to sign up, but that's not something that I'm going to let happen again.

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Hey Havok el 19 vamos a hacer una reunion con todos lo compas del mundo, en la casa del ventura.Quieres benir puedes traer a alguien. Porque la ultima estubo perra.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Broken-down car johns again. I really wanted to go :(

I hate my ****ty VW and FF6 Advance!

D

Deleted member

Halls bald!
The before and after, well it was refering to before listening to chromeo, and after listening to chromeo.

DONT DO IT FOLKS!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Wow.... Burntsockz is drinking that haterade.

Burntsockz when you learn what good music is and you stop listening to your classic jazz or your Earth, Wind, and Fire, or your... nevermind.

D

Deleted member

I hate classic jazz -.-
And i dont listen to earth wind and fire either
Their bassist just slept at my house, and said "where my cats at", which was cool. :D

D

Deleted member

Radiohead is good like half the time :p

I used to think i was cool too.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
i havent been on this thread for half a day and miss so much already!!
lol. hiiiii hall. i want to see this in person.
im down for buffalo this week / next week. lets do it.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't their last album kinda ****ty? I have a couple of friends who have loved that band since middle school, none of them really cared for In Rainbows, though.

Rickety

Peace and Love
While I don't really care too much for Radiohead (I'm not very big on The Bends or OK Computer), I absolutely love In Rainbows and Kid A. <3

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wasn't their last album kinda ****ty? I have a couple of friends who have loved that band since middle school, none of them really cared for In Rainbows, though.
In Rainbows is like their best album silly

i'll come this sunday, almost for sure!

i miss you guys too much <3

Top Bottom