• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

**Havok**

Smash Lord
i dont know what time yet but ill post it up later on in the week.

has anyone seen THIS?

Reminder: remember we have a tournament on sunday!

@ Rickety: My left trigger is stuck! I forgot to tell you about it last sunday!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
LoL @ M2K deciding on when to win or lose. And Havok, your left button is stuck because a piece on the inside broke off and is unable to be raised up and down. Rickety and I already looked at it.

D

Deleted member

Bone can you change the title to Chula Vista Weekly XXVII:The Return of Hugglebunny
:p

Rickety

Peace and Love
Point Me at the Sky

Lol the tournament today was pro, i think i'll stick to playing melee though. Nice meeting all of you. See you all next week hopefully.
It was very nice to meet you, Eclipse :]

Whoo! A third place medal to add to my desolate display case!!!
Gursalove's Zangief is ridiculous; His tornado puts Meta Knight's to shame.

[Sonic Boom goes through Zangief]
"Wow, that looked glitchy as f___!" - Oats <3

Did the elusive Rickety make it and will he be there for the next one? =)
That big loserface? Yeah, he made it all right, though I dunno why you'd want to see him around anyway.

But yes! I think whether or not he makes its depends on if the cutest, Double-dee'd Pikmin Lover in town makes it :]

Rickety: My left trigger is stuck! I forgot to tell you about it last sunday!
Oh yeah! Well, the thing is. . .

**** Brawl.
I going back to melee. =P
No! Don't do that! Who will give me Brawl training if you leave? Who would want to train a nobody like me? :(

LoL @ M2K deciding on when to win or lose. And Havok, your left button is stuck because a piece on the inside broke off and is unable to be raised up and down. Rickety and I already looked at it.
. . . Oats said it, perfectly. In any case, I'll do the best I can to make a better controller for you. . . When I see you, next time. . . Sunday! (Hopefully).

<3

Яickety.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Alex says Marth is gay. Havok says he's a beast. I say combine the two and make him Altered Beast! Power-up!

...wait a minute. Double d'ed Pikmin lover? Alex got a boob job!? o_O

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Btw, I have an extra wiimote in my bag. Anyone missing one?
BLARGARGARG YEAH I AM >_< I can't remember if it had been you that used it and forgot to bring it back but yeah, someone used mine and forgot to bring it back. Then you spanked my friend in the tournament. >_> See you on Friday.

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
Well Sockz told me to try again...hopefully this time i can go, i been wanting to meet you guys in this tourney it sounds like a lot of fun, but i need somekind of Car-pool sockz told me a few people and i sent them messages but i want to see if theres any other way to garuantee my trip over there

i live in Tijuana but i can cross the border cause i got a visa and we cna use the Burger King in San Ysidro to meet up i just want to know if someone could help me get there, cause i dont wanna be standing there for hours T_T, anyways hope this time i can go to your guys tourney i wanna see how powerful my yoshi is

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I think it's funny how the Burger King is usually the rendezvous point between SD and TJ. I've heard it mentioned various times before.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone have a remote that had names on it? You can transfer names/configs onto the remotes, right? I don't think I ever did so.

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
oh sweet so a lot of people know about the best Rendevouz point, sweet wich means its going to make the trip eazier, ill just wait to see if TKD replies to me, about meeting up there i hope i can fight you guys, but i hope i can have a lot of Friendlies first im gonna be rusty as heck XD

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
oh sweet so a lot of people know about the best Rendevouz point, sweet wich means its going to make the trip eazier, ill just wait to see if TKD replies to me, about meeting up there i hope i can fight you guys, but i hope i can have a lot of Friendlies first im gonna be rusty as heck XD
En que parte de Tijuana vives Diz? ya nos conocemos?

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Dude I just checked out a xat. It has a ton of features that are kinda neat, but **** is it resource heavy. I'm not sure if it's even loggable, and I'm not even sure if my message is gonna go through at all if it has a period in it, because it apparently assumes all periods mean it's a link, and for some reason you can't post links in the chat. I am DEFINITELY not gonna be too active on any xat. >_<

Although it may be cool for non-regulars, but really, a chat kind of needs regulars to survive, doesn't it? If I aim to link someone to youtube, I can just paste the link in the chat. I don't need it popping up and taking half the screen on the same page. And I don't need a ton of high definition smileys that look ridiculously goofy, either. Seriously, you don't open up GIMP to paste an image into, paintcan a solid background, and save it as a jpg, do you? You shouldn't need avatars, profiles, built-in msnmessenger/aim clients, and an embedded youtube player just to talk to people in real time. It shot my cpu usage up from 6% to 66%, and the massive memory leak of firefox keeps it at 44% even after I close it.

TL;DR version: Personally, I prefer the AIRC.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Distracted from Essay. Here are some AIM antics.

Oats: Girls I meet > girls you meet
Hall: probably
Hall: what brought that up?
Oats: Name of Girl told me she's playing Oblivion and is addicted
Oats: and she said cat-people suck
Hall: ew
Hall: I don't want anything to do with a girl addicted to oblivion
Hall: now, if she were addicted to Monster Hunter or Harvest Moon?
Oats: Difference between imagining what would be ideal and the type of people you've met is pretty big; all things considered, I'll meet someone who likes Harvest Moon before you'll meet someone that can link 169 hits in Tales of Symphonia or whatever
Hall: she wouldn't have to link that many hits
Hall: she just has to heal me and hand me that potion when I need it
Oats: you're so easy

** 12 Minutes Later **

Conversation Sent to Hall said:
New Girl Screen Name: what's your aim icon?
Oats: I don't know
Oats: I'm using meebo
New Girl Screen Name: the girl with highlights
New Girl Screen Name: kind of like Rogue
Oats: With a little heart for a shirt?
New Girl Screen Name: yes
Oats: oh, that's a character from a farming sim game I liked to play back in the day
New Girl Screen Name: oh cool
New Girl Screen Name: its not like harvest moon or animal crossing?
Oats: It is Harvest Moon
Oats: lol
Oats: GET ****ING *****
Hall: dayum

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
En que parte de Tijuana vives Diz? ya nos conocemos?

oh yo vivo en Fracc. Soler, esta cerca de Playas de Tijuana, no sabria que otro lugar
decirte se me hace facil cruzar la linea pero ocuparia alguien con quien irme para
el torneo, eh igualmente alguien que me ayude a regresar otra vez al cruze peatonal
de la barrear, ya de ahi tomo el auto bus que me lleva para playas otra vez
tengo visa tonse sno hay ningun problema

For those wondering sorry for speaking in spanish X3, it sounds like good news to
me finaly i can get some brawl
PS: thats one funny story Oats,^_^

Soid

Smash Journeyman
si dyz io siempre les hablo en español a todos lol vives en el soler normalmente nos juntamos en mi casa para irnos de aqui yo vivo en el centro agregame al msn por si kieres ke nos juntemos e irnos a la linea o te vemos aia como kieras

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, did you like my essay?

(and I usually hate long, language related activities).

EDIT: Hey guys, just thought I should give you an update of IRC! It had been quite an exciting day yesterday, oh boy you should have been there! Check it out, I have logs!

Session Time: Wed Mar 11 00:00:00 2009
[00:58:29] * Guest30436 has joined #SanDiegoSmash
[00:58:37] * Guest30436 Quit (QUIT: User exited)
[03:07:31] * omfgmenewb Quit (Connection reset by peer)
[03:28:07] * Samanthason Quit (katana.webchat.org nexus.webchat.org)
[03:28:57] * Samanthason has joined #SanDiegoSmash
[03:29:02] * nexus.webchat.org sets mode: +r
[04:21:03] * Samanthason Quit (Connection reset by peer)
[15:41:53] * LittLeLives has joined #SanDiegoSmash
[15:41:53] * ChanServ sets mode: +v LittLeLives
[16:42:25] * FEARedound has joined #SanDiegoSmash
[16:42:35] <FEARedound> O_o
[16:44:40] * FEARedound Quit (QUIT: User exited)
[18:41:46] * LittLeLives Quit (Connection reset by peer)
[22:30:48] * Guest22950 has joined #SanDiegoSmash
[22:30:53] * Guest22950 Quit (QUIT: User exited)
Session Time: Thu Mar 12 00:00:00 2009

Oh, fear, that funny guy, making faces and such.

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
Sorry SD Smash I won't be seeing you guys this week.
I can't get a ride for tomorrow and I'm throwing my (first huge guy/girl) birthday party on Sunday.

Have fun y'all. :O

Top Bottom