• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
TKD, MogX, thanks for the Ike tips!

Now back onto work on my Ike/Zelda...muhaha!

Note to Skyler: Wow...that's one strict mom. o.O Just tell her we're the cool kind of nerds! Or maybe Phear and I will dress up like girls this next weekly?!

(Phear's going to kill me for this... o_O)

D

Deleted member

My friends always say im a smash nerd...they are just jealous =P

My mom thinks its nerdy too, but she lets me go anyways.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
lol I am a smash/earthbound/video game nerd its true! But i mean I never go to these every weekend im out with friends (and girls! omg im such a nerd :p)

Anyway im predicting i will be able to come in october cause these things are wayyyy fun and ive only been to one.

Yeah my mom is kinda strict...but some thigns she`ll say yes to that my dad wont...its weird. haha

unknownforce

Smash Lord
That sucks PkSkyler. I've never understood why parents would give their kids a hard time about playing video games unless it was interfering with school work. Ironically, smash players probably end up with larger group of friends than your average teenager. It seems many people have a negative perception of most games that do not require physical prowess. Poker looks like its becoming one of the exceptions, but there are still a lot of people who look down on it and don't appreciate the strategic potential.

It interests me that Korea is nearly the polar opposite of the USA in this manner. There, a person who excels in academia or even video games is treated as sport stars are treated here.

I guess it is kind of irrelevant to point out, but you should mention to your mom that you are hardly lacking in a "social life" if you have a number of friends and acquaintances in addition to the many smashers you know. If one is classified as a nerd solely for playing video games (regardless of other intrests) I would imagine that the vast majority of society are nerds. I haven't met a single person who has never played a single video game.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
That sucks PkSkyler. I've never understood why parents would give their kids a hard time about playing video games unless it was interfering with school work. Ironically, smash players probably end up with larger group of friends than your average teenager. It seems many people have a negative perception of most games that do not require physical prowess. Poker looks like its becoming one of the exceptions, but there are still a lot of people who look down on it and don't appreciate the strategic potential.

It interests me that Korea is nearly the polar opposite of the USA in this manner. There, a person who excels in academia or even video games is treated as sport stars are treated here.

I guess it is kind of irrelevant to point out, but you should mention to your mom that you are hardly lacking in a "social life" if you have a number of friends and acquaintances in addition to the many smashers you know. If one is classified as a nerd solely for playing video games (regardless of other intrests) I would imagine that the vast majority of society are nerds. I haven't met a single person who has never played a single video game.

I definantly dont let smash get in the way of my grades or anything, I have all As and Bs and I think thats good. but yeah my parents always want me to help around the house or other chores if i want to stay home on a weekend.

Wow.....maybe Id like to live in Korea :D

I do have tons of friends(not trying to be all arrogant and say im popular or anything.) plus i met a lot of people at the last chula vista weekly and some people may know me/ I know them from other tournies.....so i know a lot of people. but my mom says I know them.

My mom says playing games competitivly makes me a big nerd. Playing with friends just makes me a nerd. Yet she plays Wii Sports and American idol kareoke on my wii all the time, probably more than I play brawl some weeks if they have people over.

And i cant really talk back to my mom (yes that would be counted as talking back.) It would just make things worse
-_-

thanks all for your concern haha. it makes me feel welcome/accepted. :D
I hope i didnt sound like a *** just there...

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
I hope to see you guys at the next weekly, I don't know if I'll compete but I'd be up for some friendlies. (:

TKD

Smash Lord
heheheh!!

My mom says playing games competitivly makes me a big nerd. Playing with friends just makes me a nerd.
So, stop having friends. Your mom wouldn't say that if you mained Metaknight >=)

Brawling is hard. I should quit and take up Rock Band! 1o0l1o0l0l110l

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Hey Fierce ;P Maybe we could finally get in our match? Haha.
Hopefully! I'm not on AiB as much (username=heart on AiB) since exams are starting in school but I'll try & get there early Sunday.

BTW Awex, did we have a lot of matches on WiFi? I remember we played a lot but never remembered the results of our matches. I never get to play many Olimars. ):

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
hey you guys i'm pretty free today you should come over to my place and smash. I'm moving closer to SD! (i'm moving to irvine, that's like 20 mins closer than before!)

Hall

Smash Ace
hey you guys i'm pretty free today you should come over to my place and smash. I'm moving closer to SD! (i'm moving to irvine, that's like 20 mins closer than before!)
Done and done! Plus Irvine has that neat-o IMAX theatre. It's like I'm being rewarded even more for visiting Edrees!

Top Bottom