• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Okaay Final Resuts were posted by Havok last night..
Enjoy:

Singles
1. DieSuperFly (Various)
2. Bone (Peach)
3. Ajax (Snake)
4. Mike Haze (Marth)
5. Pnoy (Marth)
5. Hall (Snake)

7: Awex
7: Rickety
9: UnderWing
9: kyte
9: Geo
9: Havok
13: Oats

13: Nicktendo
13: Izzy
13: Ghetto Soldier
17: Decible
17: Nak
17: Miguel
17: LHG
17: Seige
17: Jala
17: Phear
17: Selendrile
25: 8-bit
25: Kaos
25: Jflo
25: KyubiKirby
25: Mario
25: NicE
25: Gursalug
25: King
33: Josh
33: Dreamhack619
33: GP
33: ZiggyStarscream
33: Squad6
33: OBCD
33: Icydp
33: Sauce

Doubles:
1: Ernie Reyes Jr. (Pnoy + LHG)
2: Fruits & Veggies (Bone + Nicktendo)
3: Adult Education (Oats + Hall)
4: Astro Glide Tossers (Awex + Izzypop)

5: Double Dragon (Havok + Caos)
5: Rickety <3's Kites (Rickety + Kyte)
7: Cheese (Serendrile + Sauce)
7: I found My Sole Purpose But Now I Want It (Decible + Phear)
9: Ghetto seige (Ghettosoldier + Seige)
9: Super Nick Bros. 3 (Nick + Mario)
9: BurntKirby (Burntsocks + Kyubi)
9: Pimps Made Slickback (Dreamhack619 + CTV)
13: Kentucky Fried McBurgerKing In The Box And Out (Geo + S6)

noobmaster

Smash Apprentice

Wow, the first weekly i dont attend and look who shows up!!
Congratulations to Bone for placing so high in singles... Hope to see all of you guys on saturday and sunday

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Adult Attendence? Say what? It was Adult Education, NUCKA. :)

Edit:

Oh yeah guys, I wanted to post the results for the Kirby Samurai Showdown and Megaton Punch tournies. It was a good turnout, and I'd especially like to thank Hall for the setup. We'll meet next week, and hopefully, the pool will be bigger. I could barely afford a Big Mac with the winnings. Also, if anyone thinks they're remotely good at Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle League, I'm going to bring an SNES to the next Chula Vista Weekly, and we're going to play. Hardcore. I will money match in Tetris Attack. That is all.

Samurai Showdown Results:
1. Oats
2. Hall
3. Ziggy Starscream
4. Nicktendo
5: Bone
5: Awex
7: Lanstar
7: LHG In Spirit
9: Chubs
9: Ghetto Soldier in Spirit

Video of the Grand Finals: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tQ0bU3bOEN4

Megaton Punch Results:
1. Oats
2. Nicktendo
3. Awex
4. Hall
5. Ziggy Starscream
5. Chubs
7: Bone
7: Ghetto Soldier in Spirit
9: Lanstar
9: LHG In Spirit

More videos to come.

Hall

Smash Ace
3: Adult Attendance (Oats + Hall)
What?! It was Adult Education:ohwell:

Anyhoo, mini-shoutouts!

Bone Daddy~ Nice way to super power your Peach! Stop sandbagging against us Leaguers yeah?!;)

Nicktendo~ Nice double work guys! 'dem Bones need lots of potassium. Fruits and veggies were too healthy for us!

Rickety~ You're way too nice. That little workshop you had set up mid-tourney was funny.

Kyte~ I really love watching your Falcon. I'll teach you Snakes if you teach me how to play a good Falcon.

Siege~ Glad you could make it. It was good to see you again, but where was your awesome "Siege Hat"?

Oats~ Eenie oonie wanah. Eenie oonie wanah.

P_Noy~ Man, we never play each other! Whats up with that? GG's as usual. It's always a pleasure to play a jedi you.

J_Flo~ Rocking the KoF and 3rd Strike? Let's play when I eventually get my own arcade box thingamajig.

LHG~ I just noticed, but you're always so blue when I see you. Is that your favorite color? (Love that blue bandanna)

Ajax~ All the way from LA in your Aero-Dalton Imperial! What a treat!

Yeah...you too DSF...JK! You really DO go to every tournament don't you? What a beast!

D&B + Weekly Combo weekend? Sounds like a C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Rickety

Peace and Love
Shoutouts! Brawl is finally fun :]

This tournament was a lot of fun. And while I still prefer Melee, I can now say that I'm finally starting to have fun with Brawl :] <333

Shoutouts!

1. DieSuperFly (Various) - Alex is too good :]

2. Bone (Peach) - Bone is too cute :]

3. Ajax (Snake) - Ditto :]

4. Mike Haze (Marth) - Ditto ditto <3 (Stop sandbagging)

5. Pnoy (Marth) - North Inland crew is too good? We need Yloh ;)

5. Hall (Snake) - Hall is amazing and amazingly cute :] I want to go to the next sleepover :]

7: Awex (Olimar) - is cute :]    

7: Rickety (Game & Watch) - is a big loserface.

9: UnderWing (Toon Link) - Can't wait for the RB Fire tournament :]

9: Dayu (C. Falcon) - Wayyy too cute <3

9: Geo (Olimar) - Lucky hat?

9: Havok (Marth) - Your Marth stinks. Just kidding! You're too good! It's scary! :]

13: Oats (Lucas) - I love Oats! :] I want in on the next Samurai Shodown tournament :] :] :]

13: Nicktendo (Diddy) - is adorable <3

13: Izzy Pop (Falco) - Don't stop playing the Space Animal :( Izzzy Pop!! :]

13: Ghetto Soldier (Snake) - Oh snap! You beat your first ranked player! :]

17: LHG (Pit) - I'll bring my screwdriver to the next tournament, when you're ready ;)

17: Seige (ROB) - Robot is too good!

17: Selendrile (Meta Knight) - You're a nice guy :] Lets talk more!

25: Gursalug (Ness) - That Ness is too crazy :]

25: King (Pit) - Dang, 3s Pro right here! I'll bring my
next time, so maybe this time I'll be able to take more than a quarter of your health :-P

33: Dreamhack619 (Marth) - Good luck with D&B! I'll see you for Singles! :]

San Diego Love! <3

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
definitely hall,
give me some snake training lol!!!
i'll teach u how to fihgt falcon and use falcon in return

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Can anyone post this bracket to all is brawl? If you ever want hope of anyone in SD ever making it into the power rankings i suggest you do so otherwise these results won't get much attention.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
WTH i was not invited to the kirby samurai showdown!!!???

mah gawd lolol

that video was hilarious

------

Attention!!!!!!!1;

i have an idea for like a little "game"

this sunday I will play a random NES midi or song and whoever gets it right will get a Snes Metroid !!!!(I found in my garage after I bought a boxed one XD )

I have some other games too that' we'll do i guess.

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Anyone in the La Mesa area want to form a team?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a doubles team but an actual team where we can practice.
Me and my friend Qzzy are looking for people wanting to practice during the week,
we live close to grossmont mall. We could give you a ride or go to your house, were just trying to get better. Hopefully we can talk in the tourney but it seems likes its going to be packed!

So either message me or Qzzy on AIB. Thanks :]

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Nicktendo/Bone vs Pnoy/LHG
(From winners I believe,)

Match 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w6tigszfX3I

Match 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLyJcTqam98

Match 3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PrLu_DoEK4k

Havok/Kaos vs Pnoy/LHG

Match 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=a7LpecJv5c4

Match 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gTfSiwFaWmM

Hall/Oats vs Pnoy/LHG

Match 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=i6A5vEccqGA

Match 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eUrcDWt_4R0

Match 3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uuwGHoLjGC4

Match 4.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aik-4jFSkFk

Nicktendo/Bone vs Hall & Oats

Match 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lsCHEz9THH4

Match 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IMsyM9Cuoik

Match 3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DAF4RcMY3eE

(The rest of doubles)
http://youtube.com/user/Marceux

Singles will be up eventually and dont forget to thank Oats for uploading & recording our fierce competition and rivalries. Good job San Diego.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
hey dudes so i just finished running errands and i had an idea for this tournament idk if u dudes (actually more like havok since he runs this show) are down with this but since its the 1 month aniversary of the weeklies (not really but its really close) how about a winner take all or something and you can charge less (idk $5, so poor people like me can have money for comic con) or something since there are 2 tournaments this weekend

Hall

Smash Ace
Charging less still wouldn't get rid of the venue fee, and a winner take all approach kind of seems lame to me, but thats just me. On another topic, I think it'd be really funny if the turnout to this actually increased due to the number of non SD people coming in for D&B's.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
See... I don't know if that'll happen Hall, because tons of people are looking for housing and I don't see anyone stepping up. I think it'll hit 45 people at the Weekly, unless someone houses for everyone from everywhere else, then it'd be a different story.

Squad_6

Smash Rookie
Hey I know this is probably the wrong forum im getting into, but I wanted to know where you guys got the program to run the tourneys. I want to run a couple at a library, but i need a good program. Thanks =)
BTW; Rickety and Geo Rock my socks!

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Charging less still wouldn't get rid of the venue fee, and a winner take all approach kind of seems lame to me, but thats just me. On another topic, I think it'd be really funny if the turnout to this actually increased due to the number of non SD people coming in for D&B's.
Yeah I thought that would happen too.... and I don't like the winner take all cause I don't want Pnoy to take it all, LOL! XD

See... I don't know if that'll happen Hall, because tons of people are looking for housing and I don't see anyone stepping up. I think it'll hit 45 people at the Weekly, unless someone houses for everyone from everywhere else, then it'd be a different story.
Yeah no one is stepping up for housing... I would but my parents just won't have it!!!!

Rickety

Peace and Love
BTW; Rickety and Geo Rock my socks!
I love you :]

I love V, too, but we've never met each other :( :( :(

Yeah no one is stepping up for housing... I would but my parents just won't have it!!!!
This wouldn't have happened in Melee ;)

I wish I could have ran this tournament, I would have liked to go back to throwing tournaments and housing people, and harmony smashfests, like in Melee :]

Aw, I feel all nostalgic about Melee :] :( :-P

_V_

Smash Ace
Haha aww...we will meet someday soon! We probably live 5 minutes from eachother if you live in Rancho Bernardo (I think you said you did).

We can play Melee <3 because I am terrible at Brawl. Well I suck at Melee too, just a whole lot less :)

**Havok**

Smash Lord
lol id be down to house but...you know I get out of work like at 2-3 in the morning haha

BTW Batman was awesome!!!

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
I love you :]

I love V, too, but we've never met each other :( :( :(

This wouldn't have happened in Melee ;)

I wish I could have ran this tournament, I would have liked to go back to throwing tournaments and housing people, and harmony smashfests, like in Melee :]

Aw, I feel all nostalgic about Melee :] :( :-P
Yeah imma talk to dane about hosting a Melee tournament! I know a grip of people would be down for that even though I suck *** at it but it would still be fun....

lol id be down to house but...you know I get out of work like at 2-3 in the morning haha

BTW Batman was awesome!!!
Hell Yeah! Batman was ****ING SICK AS HELL!!! Heath Ledger pulled that **** off and made that **** movie!!!!

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Good luck to everyone! I hope Action League Now does well haha! Everyone do well! Wish I could go!!! So bad!!
ugh work.

Dreamhack I hope you the best for your tourney! Good luck!

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Im ready for some awesome friendly matches tomorrow! :D

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
...I'm going to miss this one and the one after that (By a single day!).

*sniffle*

Although I feel a bit better for missing the D and B tourney, since it turned out to be a bomb.

(No offense to Dreamhack, ;P Guess it was just alot of bad things happening in a row.)

rofa

Smash Journeyman
dont start without me ill be there for singles i swear lol

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I'll try to make it to the seventh weekly. I've been busy today and I'll be completely busy next Sunday. But two Sundays from now, blammo, I'll be there.

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
That was fun, thanks havok and everyone who helped in the tourney.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
IMPORTANT Please Read!

Ok, First off I want to come out and say a huge SORRY to everyone that came out to D&B and especially to the people who drove down hours to this event! Imma come out and say that this was a complete waste of time and money!!!! I want to also say that Rickety, Azn Lep, and Havok had absolutely nothing to do with this tournament so please don't go off and think that they were involved in this because they indeed weren't! Next, for those that went to the tournament could tell you that it was indeed one GREAT BIG SH*T STORM after another! A number of things went wrong one right after the other! I feel terrible for what had happened but I take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for everything that happened! I blame myself for trusting Dane and for believe that he had everything squared away. You can point the finger and say it was Dane's fault, My fault, or D&B fault, but again, I take full responsibility for what happened! I hope this doesn't leave a sour taste in your mouth and make you think that SD is terrible at hosting tourneys cause we really don't. We had countless problems which ultimately made this tournament a complete failure, and for that I agologize! I hope everyone can Forgive and Forget and I sure as HELL hope you don't hold all of SD accountable for this because its not their fault.... Like I said Blame me not them!!! I hope to see all of you around at any other future tournies here in SD!

Top Bottom