• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
S6 and I are coming to this one too. I finally get another shot at seeing if my 'Geomaster' hat is lucky or not (results so far are inconclusive).

Also: Kyubikirby> Show up man. We keep missing eachother and I still owe you $3. ITS EATING AWAY AT MY SOUL MAN, YOU GOTTA HELP ME OUT!

Rick> See ya there, Ive been practicing tricks with mah new character against the comps (amazing way to practice, i know :( ) So we gotta get some more friendlies in... BTW, have you chosen a new 2nd?

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Wow

Anyone else get the feeling that this Weekly may be the biggest one yet? Sure looks like it.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
S6 and I are coming to this one too. I finally get another shot at seeing if my 'Geomaster' hat is lucky or not (results so far are inconclusive).

Also: Kyubikirby> Show up man. We keep missing eachother and I still owe you $3. ITS EATING AWAY AT MY SOUL MAN, YOU GOTTA HELP ME OUT!

Rick> See ya there, Ive been practicing tricks with mah new character against the comps (amazing way to practice, i know :( ) So we gotta get some more friendlies in... BTW, have you chosen a new 2nd?
I'm desperately hoping to go to this, but right now its dependent on me getting a ride, or someone telling me how to get there by transit... If someone can give me a ride, call me up at 619-222-1201 and I will provide gas money.

EDIT: I'm also bringing a setup.

Hall

Smash Ace
Route 18? Watch out for tall grass!

Anyone else get the feeling that this Weekly may be the biggest one yet? Sure looks like it.
So far every weekly has seen a little less than 30 entrants for singles, and we had 13(?) teams last time. Topping 30 would be something wouldn't it?

I'm desperately hoping to go to this, but right now its dependent on me getting a ride, or someone telling me how to get there by transit... If someone can give me a ride, call me up at 619-222-1201 and I will provide gas money.
From Point Loma right? To get there with public transportation you need to hop on the trolley from Old Town and head south until you get to Palomar Station. From there take the 712 bus and get off on Oleander. Once you're off the bus its a quick jaunt to the venue. Unfortunately unless you leave early the transportation back at night is gonna be kind of lame since weekend bus schedules suck and they have a tendency to stop running earlier than usual.

Public transportation down and a ride up would be a good idea if you can manage that.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Oh man, ive been kinda busy lately. See who ever I see tomorrow!

If anyone can bring wii's that would be awesome!

Thanks guys! XD

Hall

Smash Ace
Probably not. It'd be really inefficient to update them after every weekly, especially with other tournaments floating around.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
200th post

This is definitely going to be our biggest one yet. I predict 33 people.
sounds right i have the same estimate
my plans blew up right in my face 30 minutes ago (yay now i can do the weekly) so if anyone wants to play yeah...
i live like a mile or two from havok
EDIT: 200th post!

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
Ninja post. I'm going to be bringing a setup, Also, I will be bringing my PS2 and KoFXI(I sadly dont have a stick, just controllers). If anyone wants to bring any sticks or other fighting games, we can have some rockin times (I'm good with anything, 3rd Strike would be nice (if theres a console version), and since i'm sure none of us are actually good at MvC 2, that one should be alot of fun too)

Just a heads up. Bring them other fightan gaems!

NINJA EDIT: I am also bringing my DS and Pokemon Diamond. LET ME SHOW YOU MY POKEMONS!

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Ninja post. I'm going to be bringing a setup, Also, I will be bringing my PS2 and KoFXI(I sadly dont have a stick, just controllers). If anyone wants to bring any sticks or other fighting games, we can have some rockin times (I'm good with anything, 3rd Strike would be nice (if theres a console version), and since i'm sure none of us are actually good at MvC 2, that one should be alot of fun too)

Just a heads up. Bring them other fightan gaems!
If I go I'll bring my stick and some games. I have 3rd strike, cvs2 and ggac.

D

Deleted member

Anybody wanna team with a little kid who plays yoshi (me) =)

D

Deleted member

That was really fun. Too bad i couldnt stay for singles to rep dem nikez =P

$BONE$

Smash Ace
temporary results (im pretty sure, correct me if im wrong) from chula vista VI:

Singles
1. DieSuperFly (Various)
2. Bone (Peach)
3. Ajax (Snake)
4. Mike Haze (Marth)
5. Hall (Snake)
5. Pnoy (Marth)

Doubles
1. Pnoy + LHG
2. Bone + Nicktendo - <3
3. Hall + Oats
4. Izzy + Awex

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
lol c bone??? why thinking about maining meta knight?
and grats for placing so high this time
thx havok again for providing a place for the tourny
my shout out~~

pnoy- show me your moves

rick- lol sry we couldn't make it to top 3 in doubles, we hsould practice some time

oats - i miss playing against ur lucas lol, why didn't we do it today?

hall - teach me how to fihgt snake!!

nick- i got lucky today lol!! once u find out how to fight against falcon i won't stand a chance against u

awex- arrr i still can't believe i lost lol!!! ur olimar's too good!!

king- king omg , i can't beat u no more we gotta play some friendlys this thur

izzy- tell joe to play again lol!! we might do some practice and friednlys this thur, bring him!!

nice cing LHG and J flo again and of course everyone else too
wow today we had so many ppl and there's so many unfamiliar faces!! nice meeting u all

aj and dsf's falcon r too good!!!

edit: the reason why captain falcon's so good
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/232753.html

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
That was a lot of fun guys. It was good to see everyone there.

Shoutouts:

Rick: That was a great Metaknight Mirror we had, lots of fun there. Though i get the feeling that I'll never get to fight your G&W until i get paired against you in the tourney.

KrubiiKirby: YES! I PAYED YOU BACK! Also> holy cow man, i just cannot beat you in friendlies to save my life. That is so weird. GGs for sure.

Squad 6: Kentuky Fried McBurger King In The Box and Out preformed as admirably as 10 Jumps did last time. We really gotta work on that teamwork stuff. Also: I like how your Lucas magically turned amazing in the friendlies after you got 0-2ed :(

Siege: GGs man. That was pretty ballsy, pulling out 2 chars you hadn't worked on to fight me. Awesome games.

Izzypop: Tough luck on that Jungle Japes stage gimp, but you'll have to excuse my lack of sympathy, you chose the stage :\. Other than that, good games. Lots of fun :p

Awex: thanks for the oli tips, I'm gonna try and change my pre-ordered pattern of 'DThrow, USmash, UAir' into something more like your suggestions

Hall: Thats the most aggro C4 ive ever seen. It was awesome. GG

Ajax: What can I say: your just awesome at this game.

Bone: Freaking. Awesome. Thats all I have to say.

Ghettosoldier: That wolf is really coming along. Keep it goin man, were gonna hit the top together!

Sorry if i missed anyone. I'm not the greatest with names and stuff. Maby if you guys got hats....

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
This was alot of fun and I would do shoutouts, but I'm a little lazy right now....

But Whoever took my orange controller with the pirate sticker on the back and the springs removed from the shoulder buttons, I would like it back as soon as possible.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Man that was fun yesterday! we got the biggest turnout ever!!!

40 people for singles! and not to mention we had some guest stars haha

thanks to everyone who showed up! Same time next week!

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts and Stuff

First and formally I'd like to thank Havok for providing us with an awesome venue and hosting these awesome tournies. You da man, Stan.

Um, then the next shoutout goes to the Mo-f'in Action League. Thanks for the great weekend and just the pure awesomeness that is our little crew.

Then teh singulars:

Hall - Sorry I killed you, but you kill me too, so I think it's even? :p
Bone - YESS YESS YESS! Do you really need that Meta-knight? Honestly.
Nicktendo - BANANANANANAS. I love you dude, yet I hate your fruits.
Awex - Thank you for recording the Samurai Showdown reactions. And I'm so amazed with your skill to pick up characters and place well with them.
LHG - We need to crack mo' jokes and talk mo' ****. But I just love seeing you guys come in the room with random singing.
P_noy - Drop that Lucas. Those PK Thunders were terrible. LOL @ sandbagging as well as your musclature.
J_Flo - You caught me smiling and that made me laugh.
IzzyPop - Sorry for not playing Advance Wars with you. :( Maybe next week. But it'd have to be DS or maybe you can teach me DoR.
Havok - You're such a nice guy. Keep it up.
Mario - Work on that Lucas. :)
Rickety - So helpful, I appreciate everything you do for this community and for my controller!
Decible - Wow. Unexpected but totally awesome. You have a good Snake.
Underwing - GET OUTTA HERE! ARGH! I should have won that second match.
Hack - "NO YOU GET OUTTA HERE" Dire Rat, don't tell me to get out. Hahaha, fun match.
Seige - Beast. It was fun playing Doubles Friendlies with you.
Kyte - Missed out on friendlies with you, but we'll chill next triweekly. Good job teaming with Rickety. I'm sure next time that'd be a force to be reckoned with.
Selendrile - This guy. Dude, I always find myself rooting for you. Your matches were recorded at least!
Gursalug - Fun stuff with StarFox quotes.
Burntsockz - Little Beast. Too bad you left, but it was still fun to see you show up. Next time!
Ajax/Dalton - BAMF! Amazing Snake, and it's just great to see you!
Mike Haze - I'm faux-mad at you for losing to P_Noy's Lucas (albiet it was a friendly). Good stuff in Tourney though.

And to anyone else I forgot, I'm sorry, but I still had a blast, and it is always fun to see familiar faces at these events. I really do have a blast at these things.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
OK, Time for some Shout Outs!!!

Havok- Thanks for holding the tourney and for providing a lot of tv's!

Hall- GG's on the doubles match no one saw those 2 pikachu's coming.... LOL!

Oats- "No, You Get Out Of Here!" LOL! :laugh: GG's on the doubles match that was Hella FUN!

Caos- Imma get that MK of yours and imma kick his ***! LOL! GG's!

Kyubikirby- You should've been dead! IDK how your shiek survived..... LOL!

Rickety- Thanks for coming out and for "Tuning Up" my controller.... :) much love Rick <3

Mario- You were right Pikachu is hella powerful, LOL!

LHG- Remember that name "ObCd!!!" LMFAO! :laugh:

Pnoy- Thanks for showing up and you still gotta show me Marth!

Ghetto Soldier- GG's on those snake dittos! You still gotta show me some **** with him!

DSF, MikeHaze, AJAX- Thanks for gracing us with your presence and just coming down and ****** all of us..... LOL!

Also to everyone that showed up and anyone else that I forgot!

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
that was cool stuff yesterday
havok thanks for hosting again. i stopped by your house an hour ago to drop off the sponsorship contact info and details
icydp: i got my revenge on ur climbers, good games. thanks for the toon link advice it will definitely be helpful later on
hack: wtf was that? two pikas? raaaandom
burntsocks: nice meeting you dude, that yoshi is lethal you should stick arround for singles next time
oats: yeah i know im horrible with lucas lol
kyubikirby: nice meeting you and playing against you. you are my witness to you know what
hall: im glad i survived long enough to meet you on the field of battle (even though i got *****)
siege: that rob just wouldnt go down, primary reason i hate rob and his insane recovery.
awex: read above post
nick: it was cool teaming up with you. you gotta relax too since you had that nervous vibe that people get when they are nervous (thats why its called a nervous vibe) its your 1st tournement so youll do better next time

good games to everyone i played (i played so many people) and nice meeting dsf mikehaze kyubikirby burntsocks S6 geomaster and anyone else im forgetting
CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS
So what up carlos we gonna have 2 tournies back to back? Mine then yours?
dramaaaaaaaa (2 times the fun)

Awex

Smash Lord
So much fun this time guys, omg.

All of Action League: We ****. I <3 you guys
Oats: Thanks, my ROB needs some more work, but I think it's really getting there.
Hall: Thanks for having everyone Saturday night.
Bone: Your Peach is awesome, even if Peach sucks. Your Metaknight will get better too, man.
Nicktendo: 2nd in teams with Bone including taking out Ernie Rays Jr? Too good. Ooooh Banana!

Havok: These tournaments are awesome, keep it up braaaaaa. =)

Izzy: Thanks for teaming up and GGs. We did pretty good. ^_^

Ajax: b-b-b-baaad to the bone. GGs, wish my Olimar coulda made it back to the stage more often, but that's how it goes with him. ;p Glad you could make it! :]

Haze: GGs You've got a different playstyle than what I'm used to seeing. Pretty interesting. Sorry I couldn't money match, I was flat broke, haha.

DSF: Thanks for coming down to win our little weekly. :p You're a cool guy, hope you enjoyed the tournament.

Pnoy and LHG: hay. quit ******. srsly. cut it out. You guys are bomb.

Dayu: GGs. Your Falcon is plenty crazy too. ;p

Geo: You're getting better. Just go watch some Mr X videos closely, that'll get you started.

Mario: Hehehe.. >:3 ROB's too fun.

Icy DP: Too bad you're moving, your climbers are getting pretty good I think. =)

Rickety: Hiiii Rick. I just felt like giving you a shoutout. GGs in teams. :p

Kyubi: Thanks for the Soda. Good to seeya again haha.

Selendrile and Sauce: Again, just felt like giving a shoutout. Sellin' Sauce hehehe.. GGs

And to everyone else I forgot, it was fun. :D

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Shout it out loud:

JatS: Sorry for being late again, and it was my fault we barely made it to Subway. We haven't played out of a tournament in forever guys. Training session plz. =D

Havok: Thanks for throwing these, hope you can keep it up. "WOW I'M A NIGHT SHOWER KIND OF GUY!" LOL.

Bone: Congrats on beasting everybody! Seriously, too good. I wanted to keep my Peach from Melee as a secondary somewhere and was at the point of giving up until your Green Peach showed me the light. PEACH TIIIIIME. You and Nick were crazy in doubles, like your team name seriously made so much sense.

Nick10do: NICK. BANANAS. BLAH. ROLLING THEN SLIPPING AGAIN. I want my friend (who's also a Diddy main, well kinda) to watch your Diddy, WAYYYY TOO CRAZY. I'm glad we were able to play in tournament finally, barrel explosions and bananathons in hand. You and everyone we've been meeting in the post-Melee era have gotten soooo good.

Awex: Dude, we didn't really talk or play much this time around (compared to last week). Gimme Olimar practice, Olimar makes me sad =(. Glad to see you rise up the standings and rankings, you're getting wayyyy to good.

Rick: OMG MODDING!!!!!!!!!!!! jk, lol glad to see you down there again. Thanks for the controller offer, but I have to see if I'm truly comfortable in changing my controller away from Melee. I realized we don't ever play, ever. WE'RE CHANGING THAT LOL.

Dreamhack: LMAO, everything with you was hilarious for some reason. "Dreamhack versu-" "WAIT, 5 MINUTES." "WOW, CONTROLLER MODS!!!" as well as "OBCD" that is just classic humor and ingenuity.

Seige: Man, hanging with you is always chill as ****. We should have played more friendlies dude.

Ghettosoldier: I still owe you those friendlies dude, gimme Wolf practice man. I hate Pit vs. Wolf now and need all the help I could get.

I dunno if I'm forgetting anyone, but you're all coo guy in my book lol and I'm kinda in a hurry. See you all next time!

Awex

Smash Lord
Haha, thanks. idk, big turnout, didn't catch you to talk very much. ._.

I'll play some friendlies with you before Dave & Busters though. =)

Top Bottom