• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: A Chu Bi-weekly! Location change! 1st page updated!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
No I'm sick of this game too cuz people ONLY help pp and no one EVER helps me. I've not yet been told anything useful by any marth or sheik lately for this MU so i feel it is fruitless to try. I honestly feel falco is marths 2nd worst MU after sheik and sheiks worst MU as well, i feel i have to get LUCKY to get kills, and i don't have the motivation to study videos either. As time goes on, the gap will only get greater from here. I've tried but once again, i choke when it matters like every set to everyone, and if i keep entering it's going to mentally **** me up. I can't keep up if he's going to constantly have people tell him what to do while no one helps me with anything (at least nothing that is truely useful or comparable to the stuff he said).

I've decided as time goes on im going to eventually soon be leaning towards
-stopping melee at nationals with both games (apex probably)
-skipping roms/zeniths cuz they depress me cuz i can never win cuz im 2 emo
-leaving the community entirely if i get a really good job (ive never had one before though) where i can make enough money to not worry

cuz i truely think falco is unfair enough as it is (if he's playing well), but the way things are going it does not seem like it is good for me to continue my ****ty chars anymore

i made the CORRECT choice maining ONLY MK in brawl, and never switching even though i had more fun switching chars in melee, it was worse for winning since i picked the wrong characters and never devoted my time into them (most of the best players use only 1 char sometimes 2, not tons of different characters, because they focused on mastering just 1)

now im pretty old (23) and my stepdad is always telling me i should quit smash to do other things, but since i make money off it ill keep coming back anyway even tho i am sick of it (can you blame me? it is better than a $7.25 min wage job somewhere which are only options around here). Competitive gaming was very fun at first and was awesome when i had a lot of supporters (2007 melee especially was my favorite!!) and made me really want to rise to the top, but now, with getting older, getting mad at myself, people, falco, just everything, i honestly feel i shouldn't continue anymore at least not in stressful nationals where you're either perfect or you lose.

that is how i truely feel on this now
You haven't aged a bit.You'll be this someday though so keep your head up and keep taking kids money.

:018:

unknown522

Some guy
Approaching/camping falco with fox is a nightmare

Nope, tbh, i messaged KK a lot before zenith, both 1 and 2 weeks before. He never responded, he said sheik vs falco is very disadvantaged for sheik the last convo I had with him and i agree (unless falco makes mistakes).
I'm surprised. He tells me that he thinks it's even

:phone:

Construct

Smash Journeyman
M2K you still have loads of fans, people were rooting for you hard at Zenith, you should have seen the stream. Honestly, if you watch the crowd footage from after the end of Zenith grand finals, most of the crowd looks hella depressed LOL. The reason none of the Marths give you advice is because you're the best Marth, nobody feels they have anything to contribute to you. The only real new thing that's been brought up is how potent powershielding is due to Marth's dash away PS hitbox and his crouch PS hitbox, with your skills it should be no problem to get those perfect but idk.

tl;dr don't be emo we love you

/d riding

You should play Peach. She's designed to counter Falco. Lasers can't do a thing against floats

I hope you find a good job so you can quit this game. Seeing you emo isn't really fun. You already are my favorite Smash hero forever

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I wanna get some MM's with any1 that wants to, trying to get better at this game :)

(Goes for Brawl and melee, but preferably brawl >_>)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Officially can go to this now~! Hype. Do dubs at two though so I can make it in time Chu!

:phone:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
If its too much of a problem just hold it on the 9th. I just figured it wouldn't be too much of a problem and that VA might want to see some OOS attendance. If you got a good thing going, then I don't really want to ruin it. Wanted to play darkflame but maybe just host a smashfest sometime later on.

We can try to use megabus.com for a cheap ride to either NY or PA for like 20-30$ roundtrip for tourneys on the 16th.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
If this is on the 9th, I plan on being there. I haven't even looked at the smash community in a looong time, so I'd like to get some serious practice in here. Maybe some small $1-2 MMs (which will be free money for anyone who's not complete garbage)
I'm hoping to start attending some northern VA, and maybe some of the closer MD tournaments, so any help that would bring me from scrub to at least average joe would be cool =)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Go subscribe to Sypher's thread in tournament listings
Sometimes smashfests are organized that way
Or have someone invite you to the MDVA facebook group if you're not already in it

I'm Wenbo Dou (~_~ avatar) if you need an invite, just friend request me and write something in the request that tells me who you are

ChuDat

Smash Master
Tournament this weekend! June 8th, Friday.
I've got no time to make major plans, but venue fee for melee is $3 and half of that goes to my mom.

Wenbo - Yeah, the tournament is this Friday! It looks like people have already made plans to attend for this weekend.

Seagull - I'll let you know if I can delay doubles until 2:00 PM, but don't get your hopes up. I plan on making this tournament very professional and on time, so I think people won't like me delaying the tourney.

Edit:
Monkely6 said:
If this is on the 9th, I plan on being there. I haven't even looked at the smash community in a looong time, so I'd like to get some serious practice in here. Maybe some small $1-2 MMs (which will be free money for anyone who's not complete garbage)
I'm hoping to start attending some northern VA, and maybe some of the closer MD tournaments, so any help that would bring me from scrub to at least average joe would be cool =)
Welcome to the smash community! :). It's always good to have newcomers around. I assume you play brawl? If so, then ignore what Wenbobular said. If you play melee, then melee is on the 8th and not the 9th.

If you play brawl though.... then I can train you! I'm the best in the area. We have smashfests almost 4 times a week, maybe more so It'll be cool to have ya!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Tournament this weekend! June 8th, Friday.
I've got no time to make major plans, but venue fee for melee is $3 and half of that goes to my mom.

Wenbo - Yeah, the tournament is this Friday! It looks like people have already made plans to attend for this weekend.

Seagull - I'll let you know if I can delay doubles until 2:00 PM, but don't get your hopes up. I plan on making this tournament very professional and on time, so I think people won't like me delaying the tourney.

Edit:

Welcome to the smash community! :). It's always good to have newcomers around. I assume you play brawl? If so, then ignore what Wenbobular said. If you play melee, then melee is on the 8th and not the 9th.

If you play brawl though.... then I can train you! I'm the best in the area. We have smashfests almost 4 times a week, maybe more so It'll be cool to have ya!
Ok Chu. I'll try to get to your house as early as possible. I got your number so I'll call you if I could get there possibly by 1:30.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
ok its this weekend. Im gonna ask now though, Chu i assume u and ur cousins will be paying to enter the tourney right???? In Boss and my tourney, we payed to enter the tourney so im going to assume u will too.... i dont care bout the venue fee, just the money for tourney entry

ChuDat

Smash Master
ok its this weekend. Im gonna ask now though, Chu i assume u and ur cousins will be paying to enter the tourney right???? In Boss and my tourney, we payed to enter the tourney so im going to assume u will too.... i dont care bout the venue fee, just the money for tourney entry
Yes, don't worry!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol guy is so eager for my money, he didn't bother reading my comments before. I already said we cant make it on the 9th. Focus on actually making money rather than making sure who pays. :)

Anyways Daniel, give me a call sometime. You never pick up your phone and its rather hard to make plans such as buying tickets and such if you dont pick up. Cya next week.

boss8

Smash Hero
lol guy is so eager for my money, he didn't bother reading my comments before. I already said we cant make it on the 9th. Focus on actually making money rather than making sure who pays. :)

Anyways Daniel, give me a call sometime. You never pick up your phone and its rather hard to make plans such as buying tickets and such if you dont pick up. Cya next week.
y would we not make sure who pays? then that means i cant focus on how much im winning if someone didnt pay...looooooool

Top Bottom