• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Joust, I think.

And honestly, GP I've basically given up on Tekken. The mechanics got so silly after 5 that I've stopped caring altogether.

Unless I pick up TTT2 and find it to be pretty godly, I'm not gonna care. I haven't kept up with it or anything, though, so I know nothing about it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
NBA JAM?

for me it was mario3 and starforce.

the first game i played was duke nukem for msdos
hmm, I don't think it was NBA Jam. I remember my favorite team being the grizzlies, but I can't imagine a NES game having the grizzlies in it as they were founded in 1995.
wtf.
i'm so confused now. is my childhood a lie?!

For me it was the Pokemon TCG for the Gameboy

I... traded that for a Golem card in daycare

I want to ***** slap my younger self

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
...omg I can't even begin

I was the epic failure of recognizing how valuable cards are. No, really. I highly doubt anyone here did anything as crazy as I did.

I traded one of my two -Special Edition- Pokemon 3: The Movie Entei cards for....
a Diglett

-Just- because it was a card I didn't have before, I'd trade an Entei for that. yeah.

I also traded a Spanish Rapidash and a Spanish Ryhorn for English versions of the same cards. I had no idea how rare the fact that I had found a Spanish booster pack in a store was. I thought the cards were useless if I couldn't read them...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Wow I feel old...

What was everyone's first game as far as you all can remember? Mine was the original Contra :cool:
Technically the first game I owned was Super Mario World, since it came with my SNES as a kid, but I got Donkey Kong Country 2 at the same time, and I played that first, so Donkey Kong Country 2. Still one of my favorite games of all time. :)

Also, Pokemon Blue > Red. :3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Wow I feel old...

What was everyone's first game as far as you all can remember? Mine was the original Contra :cool:
Well, Tekken 3 was my first game, Got it with the playstation, back when i was a tyke, 4 years old XD
...man, Am I young or what?

And honestly, GP I've basically given up on Tekken. The mechanics got so silly after 5 that I've stopped caring altogether.

Unless I pick up TTT2 and find it to be pretty godly, I'm not gonna care. I haven't kept up with it or anything, though, so I know nothing about it.
Really? Howso, Because from what The internet tells me, Tekken 6 was the first one to not have various stupid infinites in it.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Its not about the infinites as much as it is the falling gravity programming and how when players hit the ground they are stuck there kind of like in Tekken 1. The amount of otg juggling you can do without any ability to break out of it makes a standard combo in 6 do like 70% or something, which is ********. Whoops, there goes a missed read, round two?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Its not about the infinites as much as it is the falling gravity programming and how when players hit the ground they are stuck there kind of like in Tekken 1. The amount of otg juggling you can do without any ability to break out of it makes a standard combo in 6 do like 70% or something, which is ********. Whoops, there goes a missed read, round two?
...But you can tech instantly after combo's on everything EXCEPT bound moves (which are incredibly slow and can only do once per juggle anyway), The time for teching is just extremely strict. The most any character can do in a juggle is about 100 damage, which is included maximum wall damage (which means you are at the PERFECT distance from the wall, almost impossible to plan) and even then, its only just over half the health bar.

Also, launchers are completely unsafe, You can't ever combo into them 100% guaranteed. And if someone blocks your launcher then they can punish you for about 15% for free (infact some of the more dangerous ones can be punished by a fast launcher themselves), There are a few exception to the rule. But any launcher than is safe on block is either extremely slow or has to be done at a certain range (i.e: Dragunov's fff-2 has to be done from at least dashing distance away. Try to do it closer, and you get a different move which is launch punishable) In a good tournament game, It's almost all about the poke game.

I'm not going to be able to convince you alone. But the floor time isnt what you think

Heartstring

Smash Legend
All about hwuorang though...and maybe some eddy...and possibly some lee...

Is anyone else gonna jump on SFXTekken?
haha, hwoarang was dabess. eddy was pretty good too.
they were...'the X button characters' :B

And of COURSE! I'm following that game like a hawk, its the first time i've been interested in a fighting game since before launch date, me and shadowtactics are going to become the best sfxt team in the uk :B

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Fair enough, I'm a much large fan of the tekken engine. But i'm still curious to see how sfxt pans out. I'm kinda miffed they didnt include the best character from either series though (dudley/Dragunov)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
haha, hwoarang was dabess. eddy was pretty good too.
they were...'the X button characters' :B

And of COURSE! I'm following that game like a hawk, its the first time i've been interested in a fighting game since before launch date, me and shadowtactics are going to become the best sfxt team in the uk :B
Bro, SFxtekken is soooo hype! It might be the first 2d fighter i take seriously! lol. <3

XDD:laugh: xbutton characters.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ahha, are we not including smash as a 2d fighter?

And yes, X buttons characters. because its the only button you need to do things with :B

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I wasn't asking xD...i know what it means lmao. THAT'S NOT TRUE BTW! You have to block :troll:

LOOOOL guess i should of said traditional fighter(s). instead of 2d xD...

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
So I napped and I dreamed and this is how it went.

I'm at this place, not quite sure that kind of place but it was a place that I could access Hell at. Stingers and Chibo were there. And I would enter the building and right before I made my journey into Hell with my R.O.B., I called Stingers and told him my plans and he was like "it's bad down there man." Then I got a little nervous. Hell was very loud, I could hear it down the hall. So I opted out. I went backwards out of the building and outside again.

Outside I saw Stingers' copy of Dawn of the Dead for the NES (which doesn't exist). It was a used copy and I grabbed it for some reason. When I saw Stingers I waved the used NES cartridge at him and was like "sup, bro!!!" and then I knew I wanted him to travel through Hell with me. Then I remember having dinner at a restaurant that was a mix of local Japanese and Mexican food similar to two restaurants that are in Morehead near me. Sitting down to eat, I was told by my roomie to order something called "crampers" that were $126 and I said that was too much. Then there were about 3 Cuban smashers across the table that were talking about how they had to do well at some tournament. I guess I was at a tournament.

Then I woke up and my roomie and his girly made pasta so I enjoyed that and then I ate too much garlic bread. The end.

Top Bottom