• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
He sets up a good defensive game

I noticed he lost the other 2 after i posted the link but didnt watch them. his comeback on match 1 was mad cool and clutch
but still on the bf match i linked to hes just doing so many things wrong which the mk does so many things right

Afrayail

Smash Ace
My play style bears resemblance to how Ocean plays (against MK, haven't watched his other matches.) Pointers for what he should have done more/less of or just differently in that match?

Also, Chibo, any vids of you against MKs you wanna show off? I'd like to scope out a few of your favs.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Me v JG 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F17DaazYUhA
My play for this matchup has changed since then but I still do some key things you'll notice. I recover way too low a lot which really isn't good, always try to recover high if possible. I fell with bairs more than I should have and should have used some nairs. My tornado defense wasn't too good, but his nado use was better than most MKs for this MU - JG used to main ROB afterall. My ledge gyro baiting him to jump off the ledge into my nair is a classic thing I do which worked well here. I set up a lot of walls is throwing gyros up and chilling behind them which worked well. Limited ledge options by throwing my gyro down off the ledge to stop him from letting him forcing him to get off a different way. I went for a crazy wtf kill stock one which would have been amazing if it worked lol, but ended up getting me killed at under 100 :p

Me vs JG 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWVYNuISRWo
One of my most clutch wins. I do pretty well this match and have ok nado defense. I go for another speed upB kill which got me killed lol. I stopped the habit since of being too flashy though so it's k.

Me vs Shadow 1 (VC7) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adKujRLWG2U
Despite winning from him SD'ing, this match gets mad props from an extremely strong 3rd stock of mine, and executing a speed upB that didn't kill him directly, but scared him enough to SD lol

Me vs dmbradon 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBDzUyW7IpY
I don't win, but does close count? We both play quite well this match, though I start to drop the ball later on the 3rd match which cost me it overall - there was some key MK tactics to look out for. I play a little too low off the stage - which is DEADLY against aggressive MKs like dm/Shadow. I've since learned not to do that lol. My falling recovery also wasn't up to par.

Me vs dmbrandon 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_HTR2Hp-Zs&NR=1
Let's run that last one back, I knew I had it this time. I didn't opt for my normal CP of Halberd (maybe he banned it, I forget) - but I also tend to stick with BF/SV if I believe I can straight up beat my opponent with skill and use the most basic stage possible. His SD at mid-high % helped secure my win, but **** did he show me what MK can do to ROB when he came back down. My falling recovery in this match was spot on, I nailed some key usmashes, etc. Very nice fast paced match.

Me vs Lain 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgHFUl3oZmY
SD or not, doesn't matter much since I still won with 2 stocks left. My first stock for this match was textbook. I survived until a very high percent with great DI, had some nice kill setups, defense, perfect recovery, etc. My 2nd stock was a tad shakier but still pulled it off in the end with a couple of key fsmashes.

Me vs Jmoney (match 1) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b45ArAcAU5M
The beginning shows why you always need to DI lol. I love this match though for both strong comebacks. I almost even the playing field after dieing so early first stock, but then eat my words when he comes back down for his 2nd stock. My 3rd stock I was back on my game with great movement, and amazing DI living his dsmashes at the end of the stage to insane percents. I continue to tango with him off stage and get a clutch kill securing the win.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
@Chibo: good ****, man. What's your own input on the match up ratio?

@Everyone: What are your guys' next tournaments? I'm debating on whether or not I can/should go to Ohio, any of you cats creepin' that scene?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ROB's second worst matchup
Though every now and then I start to think it's fairly managable. It's just the certain style of MK you play against that determines the matchup. A lot of the little bits in the above videos where I got ***** was more because of the MK playing the matchup perfectly, not me messing up. If the MK is patient and uses nado correctly, it can be such a tough matchup.

My next tourney is this weekend (Super DSO 2), then the next weekend (Players Bowl), then MLG Columbus.

Teh Future

Smash Master
thats the dumbest attitude ever. if you use your shield correctly you should almost never be hit with tornado when your in a neutral position. Chibo you are good at this game, but your not that good. You can still improve a lot and beat those people, but instead you just say "oh im perfect its just hoooooopeless" lol good plan

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
what attitude do you mean?
i never mentioned anything about if im great or not at the game, i posted all of those because someone asked me. the hopeless stuff is old news, and practically just turned into more of a joke/meme anyway lol. Also shield can't always protect you from nado in every situation, it's heavily dependant on the MK as well. There's plenty of times where I will powershield it with a full shield and I'll still get stabbed by the time the move is over.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
What helps me against a tornado in a "neutral position"? is just tilting it [up]. Other than that, if it's running low, I've gotten the timing down to where I can spot dodge at the end of it without getting hit. That's a bit harder to work on, though, because tornado of course doesn't always have to be the same duration.

I think the match up might be a bit closer to 60:40, really, but you're right when you talk about the MKs play style. Some MKs I can just read too easy, or I'm able to work around what they're doing, anyway.. but others can get pretty nasty and you really see how helpless ROB can be in certain situations (usually off stage/in the air ~.~')

aaaanyway... what's MLG like? I've heard good and bad, so I don't know if it's worth the trek from Iowa.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What ******** MK is using nado when you're standing there in the neutral position? There are plenty of ways MK can use nado and not get punished for it, but that's not one of them.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Afrayail, you should come to an IL tournament sometime. I'm only going to a smashfest this weekend, but next weekend and the weekend after there are two of our monthly tournaments going on, Don't Blink 3 and MAS respectively.

I don't know where in Iowa you live, but Don't Blink is in Northbrook, which is a little north of Chicago, and MAS is in Winthrop Harbor, which is pretty much on the border of Wisconsin and IL(On the IL side), right along Lake Michigan. Either way, it's a much shorter drive than going to Ohio. XD

Actually, Sil, you should get some of Ohio to come to MAS, we already pull in the Michigan people, and we get Minnesota and a few other places to come. M2K came to the one in March with Shugo and people from Michigan, you should see if you can get a ride with them. If you don't want to come to one of the monthlies now, the one is October is gonna pretty much be a national.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Afrayail, you should come to an IL tournament sometime. I'm only going to a smashfest this weekend, but next weekend and the weekend after there are two of our monthly tournaments going on, Don't Blink 3 and MAS respectively.

I don't know where in Iowa you live, but Don't Blink is in Northbrook, which is a little north of Chicago, and MAS is in Winthrop Harbor, which is pretty much on the border of Wisconsin and IL(On the IL side), right along Lake Michigan. Either way, it's a much shorter drive than going to Ohio. XD

Actually, Sil, you should get some of Ohio to come to MAS, we already pull in the Michigan people, and we get Minnesota and a few other places to come. M2K came to the one in March with Shugo and people from Michigan, you should see if you can get a ride with them. If you don't want to come to one of the monthlies now, the one is October is gonna pretty much be a national.
What is the turn out like for these? I think when I went to Chicago for Acen last year it was only about 5ish hours, so it's doable if there's enough people to make it really worthwhile. If I come, I could bring a fair of amount of Iowans with me, heh.

Wazzup with this October one you're speaking of?

Silhouette

Smash Lord
@Everyone: What are your guys' next tournaments? I'm debating on whether or not I can/should go to Ohio, any of you cats creepin' that scene?
You should, its a great scene, I'm helping host a tourney this weekend in Athens (SE) OH:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=272263

Then I'm confirmed for Nopes Monthly after that (May 15):
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221035

but If you guys can make it to The Showdown or MLG Columbus, I'll be at both.

The Showdown is actually being hosted by my hometown crew, hence my sig.

If that were to happen at all, it would be over the summer, and wasn't KB with Shugo and M2K? We had a good chunk of MI at the last Nopes monthly, Anther & Judge and them, I had a crazy close set with L_cancel in pools. I've made a couple Indi tourneys, fought ook & ripple in dubz & whatnot, & Wakka beat Arty, hopefully we'll head back over the summer.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Oh my. Ohio is quite a long ways away from here. I'm going to try and band together to get a smash van of Iowans to head to MLG. XD

The dates don't seem to conflict with anything now, so it's just a matter of ride/housing, though we're going to look into cheap hotels (any recommendations?) Also, could I get a debriefing on how MLG works? Online qualifiers/etc, to anyone that's familiar with it? (and are modded controllers (ie no springs in L/R) allowed? I think it's a no... right? >.>)

And if any of you know the Iowa people at all (if not, then these are just names :p) it sounds like Joker, Peeks, Zash/Frozenfire, Ptato, Jlo/gantrain, and myself are on board if things work out. ^_^ Maybe we can get two cars and make a hootenanny out of it.

Hmmm, I should see some of his matches.

Now that I think of it, I think I've seen him in a match from '08 where it was Lucario vs. Falco.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I really appreciate some of the tech stuff I haven't seen ROBs do before that he was doing, whatever that RAR Up+Bish thing was?

But I still hate all the camping.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
What is the turn out like for these? I think when I went to Chicago for Acen last year it was only about 5ish hours, so it's doable if there's enough people to make it really worthwhile. If I come, I could bring a fair of amount of Iowans with me, heh.

Wazzup with this October one you're speaking of?
For MAS, it's usually a good 50-60 people in general. The one last month was kinda a fluke, because there wasn't much hype for it, but yea, it's usually around 50-60. We usually get a good amount of OoS people, Ally's been to a few of them, Lain and the rest of MI comes to a lot of these, it's a really good tournament. For Don't Blink, that's mainly just IL/WI, since it's a newer monthly, and that usually has around 20-30 people or so. As for the October tournament...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262979

I talked to Webster(The TO) about it a few days ago, and he told me a lot of big names from all over the country are already showing interest. He told me it's basically gonna be a national at this point.

If that were to happen at all, it would be over the summer, and wasn't KB with Shugo and M2K? We had a good chunk of MI at the last Nopes monthly, Anther & Judge and them, I had a crazy close set with L_cancel in pools. I've made a couple Indi tourneys, fought ook & ripple in dubz & whatnot, & Wakka beat Arty, hopefully we'll head back over the summer.
Uhh, I'm not sure, who's KB? I think their car was M2K, Shugo, Judge, and Ankoku. So maybe? I hope you guys can make one of them, they're usually at the end of the month. If not, maybe we'll see each other at an IN tournament, I've never been to one before. Where are Nope's monthlies btw? Maybe I can get IL to carpool to one of them over the summer.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Uhh, I'm not sure, who's KB? I think their car was M2K, Shugo, Judge, and Ankoku. So maybe? I hope you guys can make one of them, they're usually at the end of the month. If not, maybe we'll see each other at an IN tournament, I've never been to one before. Where are Nope's monthlies btw? Maybe I can get IL to carpool to one of them over the summer.
King Beef, best Peach in the MidWest, and I linked you the thread, they're in Springfield OH. Its looking like this next one might have a city showdown where Springfield has to whop cincinatti. Which is where the God Kais originated.

Springfield: Nope, Lou, Fonz, Champ, CapEm, Wakka, SiL, and Warfie.
vs.
Cinci: Infern, Y.b.M, Smash64, Kel, Clowsui, Steel Samurai, and Sai.
inb4namesearchOverpopulatesTheROBBoards
/Hype

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Cry. The mean wife didn't wanna let the husband sell ROB to me.

Oh well. I have wire now, so I'm going to start making those clay ROBs for everyone.
My badges!

Oh yea, my iTouch f'd up last night. I fell asleep on it last night without it plugged in and when you jailbreak an iphone/itouch, you can't let it power down or you have to re-jailbreak it (Not really, just reboot it via the jailbreak program). Well, I went to do that, but since I updated iTunes, the one I used didn't work somehow, so I did what I had to do to make the program work, but my iTouch wouldn't go to the proper screen even after the jailbreak worked. So now, I'm restoring it and considering whether I should rejailbreak it since technically all my jailbroken crap should still be there since iTunes is showing 330 mbs of unknown data.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
My badges!
Ah, that's right. :) I baked the ones I posted earlier, so in about a week once school is out I'll be able to sit down and paint those ones at least ^_^ They turned out nice so far..... just gotta find where I put them...

also, yey! I got a ROB "new in box" on ebay. They found him when they moved and were like "oh man, I don't remember buying this thing... to ebay!" so I got him and all his cute robot-stuff for $66 free shipzzz. <3 http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._391532568469_515308469_3897086_4825113_n.jpg now just to wait for slow shipping T.T;

Top Bottom