• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Marfffffffffffffff

I dropped Fox for marth when I found out Marth had counter and in my mind at the time of unlocking him, "Counter > Reflector."

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Anything-to-shine is too ****.

Same with shine-to-anything.

Did you know that Shine-to-EVERYTHING works?????

Even shine-to-laser against a wall works!!!*

[Shine-SH-(double!)laser-repeat!!!]

*excluding anyone that a shine will knock down since they can just wall-tech-jump and get out of it XD

Melee is sooo ****ing good gahhhhhhh

*recalls who he mains.............cries*

Sudai

Stuff here
Shine can be done to almost anything without a wall too. That's another amassing thing. Have you ever seen when people mix in *>shine>grab into shield pressure? WHAT?! I love it. I try to get Falcos and Foxes in Louisiana to do it, but I only have one fellow compatriot. It works so well and gets so much free damage.

Turn melee into S64 again. Don't get hit. Don't let your shield get hit.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Anything-to-shine is too ****.

Same with shine-to-anything.

Did you know that Shine-to-EVERYTHING works?????

Even shine-to-laser against a wall works!!!*

[Shine-SH-(double!)laser-repeat!!!]

*excluding anyone that a shine will knock down since they can just wall-tech-jump and get out of it XD

Melee is sooo ****ing good gahhhhhhh

*recalls who he mains.............cries*
who do u main in melee?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Played Melee recently with supposed one of the best in my region, ***** him. After almost two years, aww yeah. Gotta play more of that game, I miss it.

toasty

Smash Hero
that is pretty good
unless it was on corneria
LOL Corneria...even the Ness guide speaks highly of Corneria but with this added caution: it's good against everyone.........except Fox.

But no.

I counterpicked him to Yoshi's Story and he stayed Fox and I said "I'm staying Ness" and he literally made the o_O face and said "...mindgames?"

and I just smiled...and then got him to his last stock at like 70% and he Bobacked and I won XD But still getting him to that stock/% with Ness? The win is still legit.

For the record, though, I've used Marth and Fox for a LONG time, just never on a serious level. I just thought they were awesome and hella fun characters and I'm all about flashiness and style and cool edgeguards/combos/gimps...and well they're pretty good at all of that XD

But honestly? I still care WAYYYY more about being good with Pikachu and Ness than I ever will about being good with Fox/Marth.

Using top tiers helps my low tiers tremendously, and vice versa actually. Having a crutch of being a top tier allows me to explore what can be punished and what people's habits are. Not having that crutch as a low tier forces me to rely more on mindgames, spacing, the ability to capitalize on openings, and hella good DI/teching abilities, and incredible amounts of tech skill that yield significantly less results than they would with a top tier.

Combining the two qualities turns me into a pretty solid player.

Unfortunately I have NO time to actually play people and practice nowadays so I'm still mediocre. But the potential is there. I'm confident enough to say that.

At the same time, I'M ****ING LOOOAAAADED so I just play Smash for tons of funzies =D

jjvirus

Smash Champion
JCz, is the Brawl+ event(s) at Pound being held during the day/afternoon/night? Also, I don't need to pre-reg if I'm coming for just Plus right?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No pre-reg. I'm probably gonna start Brawl+ doubles a little after Melee doubles starts, maybe like 11am.

toasty

Smash Hero
Yeah JJ just don't forget to bring the spectator fee with you, too =D

Tonight, in the Pound 4 thread [or perhaps in a new thread], a Festivus Miracle will occur!

If only today was the 23rd, it'd be so perfect XD

Don't ask.

Just wait.

You'll see.

....I'll show ya [gahhhhcouldntbehelpedsorriez]

10thumbswayupposts

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
<jjvirus> the dog ejaculated on his bed

wtf jj???

toasty you need to link it here. I dunno about you all but I can't keep up with the Pound 4 thread.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
No pre-reg. I'm probably gonna start Brawl+ doubles a little after Melee doubles starts, maybe like 11am.
Cool. Thanks. :3

Yeah JJ just don't forget to bring the spectator fee with you, too =D
Almost forgot about that... XD

<jjvirus> the dog ejaculated on his bed

wtf jj???
I had to humor myself while I wait for this Braxton guy to figure out how to work the update thing <_< Getting those kind of reactions makes me feel good about myself. lmao

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
if/when it gets posted in the pound 4 thread, someone else might post it places before I manage to. Busy day ahead...

But either way, it'll be big news.

Hint: JCz...this isn't about EE but you know his history on the boards, right? Well combine that with Pound 4 and IRL and you get a very happy and accomplished toasty toast.

Obvious Hint Is Obvious:
I ****ing hate Peanut Butter & Jelly.

Plaaank should be making either a post or a thread. Hopefully today.

edit: but please please SHHHHHH don't say anything at ALL about any of this elsewhere until the actual post is made for Pound 4!!!! You'll know precisely what I mean when it happens.

No one else reads the ROB boards so I ain't worried about it XD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
if/when it gets posted in the pound 4 thread, someone else might post it places before I manage to. Busy day ahead...

But either way, it'll be big news.

Hint: JCz...this isn't about EE but you know his history on the boards, right? Well combine that with Pound 4 and IRL and you get a very happy and accomplished toasty toast.

Obvious Hint Is Obvious:
I ****ing hate Peanut Butter & Jelly.

Plaaank should be making either a post or a thread. Hopefully today.

edit: but please please SHHHHHH don't say anything at ALL about any of this elsewhere until the actual post is made for Pound 4!!!! You'll know precisely what I mean when it happens.

No one else reads the ROB boards so I ain't worried about it XD
Wait ... her?

Top Bottom