• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christmas with the North Carolina Smash Family 12/18 ~ 12/19, Josh's house!!

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
My brakes feel ok...we're gonna go with it and head up to NC early tom.

No way we're missing this.

Crew battles hype.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
im hype for the hydrated crew battle.

how will we determine it?

****ty west nc vs big **** east nc?

and pleeeeeeeeeeeease lets record these.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lets do west vs east so I can play lol

west nc in the building - kevin, twitch, dylan, me, jim(?), craig...steve? lol this is melee though

is ali coming? doubt it...

i guess gboro counts for purposes of crew battle? >.>
then we'd have smith...and umm sneak if hes coming? do cam and chris count? lol damn idk

im thinking too much =[

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lets do west vs east so I can play lol

west nc in the building - kevin, twitch, dylan, me, jim(?), craig...steve? lol this is melee though

is ali coming? doubt it...

i guess gboro counts for purposes of crew battle? >.>
then we'd have smith...and umm sneak if hes coming? do cam and chris count? lol damn idk

im thinking too much =[
we can do both brawl and melee.

i would love to watch melee players play brawl. :) especially drunk hydrated.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
we should have a brawl vs melee players crew battle... and the game we play can be melee. Pp cant play though.

i'd say brawl.... but lol, that would be a lil unfair.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
This is not the entirety of what I want to post, but it will suffice until after this event has taken place.

I must say, after this looooong year, I wasn't sure if we could come together on good terms for this event, but I'm happily mistaken on that front. Today, I'm actually not feeling as terrible as I usually do, so I want to say some stuff.

First off, I want to say that I'm sorry for not being around here. Some of the comments some of you were leaving simply exaggerated an existing bad condition for me, and I had to ensure that it didn't get worse. I don't blame any of you or myself, and see it simply as a defensive measure. I am sorry if this bothered or worried anyone though. I have done my best(with my thousands of posts, but through other means as well) to try and keep this community active and interested in the boards and smash through my activity and availability. More on that later.

I don't want there to be any doubts or concerns going into this event. I should be somewhat myself and perfectly enjoyable to be around(unless you never found me enjoyable back before April/May, then my bad). I intend to bring just as much festivity and cheer as the rest of you, for once. =)

Even though this community has changed a lot, even though we're always loaded with drama that I could handle better, even though we scoff at the boards and one another at times, I believe that deep down we all really do like the way we can at least come together and show that we all mean something to one another. That is something that I've never seen or heard of from any other state, and that's something special to cherish and be mindful of this weekend. I encourage each of you to try and make the most of this unique and powerful time to spend together, because the memories we make then could be some of the best of our respective smash careers/lives.

With that said, I'm excited for this weekend, and wish all of you a very merry Christmas(or that you at least get in the spirit if you don't celebrate the holiday lol). =)

<3 NC Catfish

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
“Where’d you go, Kevin? We all thought you died,” said an elevated Smith, Kevin just smiled “Can’t you see who I’m with?”

He started telling Smith of what had just happened, and before he knew it everyone was listening in, as Kevin told them all to him they were kin.

As he finished some yelled “STACK IT UP!!!” The chant made all of the neighbors wake up.

But they didn’t care, they’re NC Smash. There is no opponent that they’re unwilling to clash.

The night turned to day yet the mood stayed the same, the group was lively and was playing their game. This group which has evolved and changed over the years, but has kept the same spirit of song and of cheers. Whether on smashboards or facebook, real life or by phone, none of these great people are ever alone. They will gladly spend all their time with each other, and they will happily call the guy next to them their brother. No matter what game, Melee or Brawl, when they come together fun times are had by all. Sure they bicker sometimes but at the end of the day they all love each other, it’s actually kinda gay.
I wish there were words to describe this bond they share, but no words do it justice: that bond is… just there.

If there’s anything I want you to get out of reading this tonight, it’s that you’re all my family, I <3 NC, and have a goodnight.

**** post Kevin, I've been meaning to call you btw

Top Bottom