• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christmas with the North Carolina Smash Family 12/18 ~ 12/19, Josh's house!!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
1337th post.

I had an awesome post written for responding to Kevin changing the thing under his username to something I thought of, but I was a post short.

SO I'll just edit this one and say:

I'm so happy to be able to host this. A lot of you guys I've known for a long time now, and especially in the last year, I've gotten to spend a lot of bonding time with many of you.

This last year was a crazy one for me. My entire life has changed. I started it slow, broke, unemployed and unhappy. You guys were there for me then when nothing else was working out. The huge mess in March/April which stretched on for months brought out a lot of rough stuff for me as well, and again, several of you were there for me every step of the way.

During the Summer, Smash got me a job when I could not get out of my house in Wilson. That day was the start of a new life for me, and I owe it to this game, and more importantly, to you people who have kept me coming back to it.

Since then, I've been able to finally improve so many aspects of my life. I've improved dramatically at Smash, which makes me happier than you can know, but more importantly, I've been able to work on a lot of things about me. I know I can be terrible to be around, unfun to play, worse to argue with. I know, far more than anyone. But I promise to keep pushing to improve on these things like I have been. You guys keep me down to Earth, and while it drives me crazy sometimes, it also helps me think about things I say and do differently; so for that, I am grateful.

Sometimes, I feel very old in this community, with the way I think and the sheer age difference. But, at the same time, there are quite a few great personalities and characters that I am proud to know, and more so, happy to be able to give life advice and watch you guys change and grow.

This post has to go out to Adam Jones and Kevin Nanney, my personal Smash heroes. Without these two, this scene would not still exist (not like this anyway) and we would not be where we are. I owe Adam for so many good times, my playstyle, and for years of coaching and friendship. He is the damn best. I owe Kevin for not only inspiring me to want to keep pushing and practicing and playing this game outside the box, but for being a greater friend then I could have dreamed. So much love to both of them. It's my duty to get Adam back motivated and practicing with me (he and I talked about this Thursday/Friday) and back into top form so the original NC Catfish can take it home at Pound. I can't wait to get loud for them, as I have so many times before, and I know you all will be looking forward to this as well.

Finally, to Christen Jones: this game brought me to my best friend in Raleigh. You are too too too too good to me. It is never too late, no idea is ever too ridiculous. You make me laugh harder than almost anyone, and you make me enjoy every aspect of Smash like no else can. You listen to my problems, and have let me inconvenience you far too many times. You are the biggest reason I have improved, and you never get frustrated with me when I'm working on something. Thank you so much. I love you.

I don't normally make posts like this, but since it's taken me almost 4 years to get to here, so I figured it was overdue.

Most importantly though, when it comes to Smash, I leave you with the mantra I strive for:

Feel nothing, fear nothing, ****.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Josh, that was a seriously touching post.

Coming to this S for sure now. =)

/saved

Edit: Thanks for hosting by the way. <3

Bringing Stongers, Jim, and Twitch. Probably Smith too but I haven't asked him yet.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I was listening to this when readin that post.

made it infinitely times better for me.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Good ****, Josh.

I can bring a Cube with Melee to this. I can bring money to counterpick with, not sure I'll be able to get anything before knowing my parents lol

I'm also getting a new controller than I'm going to break in here.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I planned on going to AZ this coming year, too.

Gonna be fun. I'm gonna dress up as my favorite character. Zio.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I'm going to AZ next year hopefully.

Not dressin up though shut up keith lol
wow, yes the **** you are.

im going as either the green lantern, or that black guy from the old spice commercial.

i need to get my abs back for that though.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Red and green jello shots made with Peppermint Schnapps and...

wait for iiiiit....

only the best combo ever invented.........

WHIPPED MOTHER EFFING CREAM AND A MOFO CHERRY ON TOP.

Does anyone mind if this is our present if I make some without alcohol too?

Top Bottom