• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christmas with the North Carolina Smash Family 12/18 ~ 12/19, Josh's house!!

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Go fish - You don't know how to play Go Fish?

Hearts - Shuffle, separate deck into fourths, give each player 13 cards. 2♣ goes first, then play rotates clockwise. Players must play one card of the current suite (ie, must play clubs if you have them). If you don't, you can play any card in your hand. Highest on-suite card wins the 'trick' (hand). So, if 2♣ starts, a J♣ can win the hand but a K♥ cannot. You cannot start with hearts until they've been broken (ie, played off-suite). Each heart you win is worth 1 point, Q♠ is worth 13. The hand ends when everyone runs out of cards (at the same time). Play until one person has 100 points. The winner is the person with the least amount of points.

Spades - A trick-taking game, like Hearts, but it's team based. You're on a team with the person across from you (4-player game, like hearts). Your goal is to score the most amount of points. Game generally ends when you reach 500 points. Setup is the same as hearts - person left of the dealer goes first, and can't start with spades. You have to play on-suite and can play off-suite if you don't have that suite. Spades are trump cards, meaning that if you play them off-suite, they win the hand. Only a higher spade trumps a spade. Meaning A♠ is the strongest card in the game. Unlike in hearts, you have to look at your hand and guess how many tricks you'll take that hand. Each trick you and your partner take that you/he call, you get 10 points. For each trick you take over the mark, you get 1 point (and if you get 10 of these extra points, you lose 100). If you don't make your mark, you lose 10x as many points as there were tricks you and your partner said you'd take.

Bridge - ****ing complex spades. Has the same basic contract system from spades, but the suites have a heirarchy - clubs < diamonds < hearts < spades.

Hope that's clear but it probably isn't.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't know how to play Go Fish because I never played go Fish.

It's like making fun of someone for not knowing how to play checkers. if you never done it, then why should you be expected to know how?

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
I don't know how to play Go Fish because I never played go Fish.

It's like making fun of someone for not knowing how to play checkers. if you never done it, then why should you be expected to know how?
you're expected to know how because everyone plays go-fish zio, my god.

just like checkers, everyone expects you to know it because everyone they've met beforehand knew how to play it and they've never ever ever never had this problem before.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
ZIO, that's way too easy.

you ARE somebody.

but you'll never be a mod you pathetic mother ****er.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You never seem to call me anything more insulting, cambria.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Basically ZIO, I taught Go Fish to my little brother when he was 3. He understood the rules perfectly. Therefore, I expect everyone to know how to play the game.

Deal 7 cards to each player. Players take turns naming cards. If another play has one (or more) of the named cards, they have to give them to you. You take the cards you get from other players to make matches (pairs) of cards. If no one has any, you have to draw a card (they say 'go fish' to signify that you need to draw a card).
ie
"Got any 2s?"
"Go fish."

I like playing Spades
And yeah, spades is great.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I wasn't expecting you to tell me right here the rules of each game. I could google search it. I was more expecting you to tell me at the gathering, should we happen to play.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
twitch, im not gonna come to this if there isn't a mario tennis tourney or mario kart double dash tourney that a decent number of people will be entering.

so basically im not coming to this lololololol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
twitch, im not gonna come to this if there isn't a mario tennis tourney or mario kart double dash tourney that a decent number of people will be entering.

:sadeyes:

nah jk thank ****ing god

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
nah im only coming if stingers wants me to come.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'm going to look at the new ban list update my deck and bringing it here.

I want to play as many people as possible.

@Keith: I hope you have something else, that's pretty easy to beat.
Dr Kevin; said:
yugioh bring cards
I'm totally bringing mine now
yoooo I'll totally bring my ygo deck lol. Last time I played was some time during the summer. I played ygo doubles for 10 hours straight. **** was ********.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I'm going to look at the new ban list update my deck and bringing it here.

I want to play as many people as possible.

@Keith: I hope you have something else, that's pretty easy to beat.
the hell?

there are cards that can beat it?

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I might be up for this YGO. I still have my deck. We doing the forbidden list? Cause if not, I got some **** card :) And yay for mirror force not being forbidden anymore!

My deck used to be awesome.....won so many local tourneys. But now the metagame is basically math based :( I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get ***** by anyone who has bought an expansion pack within the last 5 years.

**** Thousand Eyes Restrict forbidden?!?!? That's some bs.

Oh, and Keith, I used to run that strategy. It doesn't work (for long).

But exactly what are you're rules for teams? My friends and I played so many variants and we just sort of made up what made sense.

I swear....the first b*tch to pull out one of these synchro or tuner things, I'm gonna slap you! Fusion and ritual is where its at......not putting 2 low level monsters on the field and then special summoning some lvl 6, 7, or 8 monster with over 3000 att. F that.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Yeah I dunno we can discuss rules here or at this event. Makes no difference to me lol.
does for me......because if we are allowed to look at each other's hand and borrow cards from each other......I got so many fusions that are going into my side deck. Load all the good cards in one deck and then the support cards in my partners deck. That's how you do it :)

oh and keith, I wanna team with you :)

Top Bottom