• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christmas with the North Carolina Smash Family 12/18 ~ 12/19, Josh's house!!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
[deleted.]

Last edited:

lord karn

Smash Master
yu gi oh was so easy. Just play a ton of raegeki and dark hole. then a bunch of the weak *** monsters who bounce and kill.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i beat someone in 1 turn in yugioh once
kid said he'd never lost before too
sweetest victory ever

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Yeah people who usually say that suck.

I have lost plenty of times lol. My deck isn't super awesome but it was pretty good.

And most of the broken cards are banned Karn.

lord karn

Smash Master
oh, well that explain things. I just played with mullins' little brother and was like wtf how are you not using these cards.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Magic is extremely fun too.

I wish I had my friend's deck that he always let me use since I don't have one.

I prefer yugioh since I know more about it.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The only card games I played were Uno and Poker.

At leas in those, I don't have to buy expansion packs or more cards.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I'm going to look at the new ban list update my deck and bringing it here.

I want to play as many people as possible.

@Keith: I hope you have something else, that's pretty easy to beat.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
graceful charity isnt legal? wtf? isnt that the one that lets u draw 3 cards? how the hell is that broken

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Simple TCG strategy is that cards = options. As long as you have card advantage on your opponent, you're generally winning because you can do more things than them.

This card is one of the best in Magic (like Karn was talking about). It's banned in every format except one, Vintage. And in Vintage you can only play 1 copy of it (instead of four). But it still carries a price tag of $562.50. Because drawing cards for basically the cheapest amount of mana in the game is extremely broken. It's not quite free card draw, but it's the closest you can get to in a resource-based game.

This is why I imagine Pot of Greed and Graceful Charity (etc etc) are banned in Yugioh. They're just far too powerful, especially when you can play practically infinite creatures with little restrictions (blah blah blah yes I know the rules. But I've seen modern yugioh decks dump their hands into play during the first two turns).

tl;dr: Drawing cards is broken.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
You guys don't know how much the metagame changed.

Graceful Charity let's you draw 3 cards and discard 2, that's waaayyyy too good in so many decks.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
graceful charity isnt legal? wtf? isnt that the one that lets u draw 3 cards? how the hell is that broken
the reason graceful charity is broken is because it lets you draw 3 cards then makes you discard two.

it's your favorite card in the game in a dark world deck (i should know, dark world decks ****in ****)

also, there are some other decks that hugely benefit from you discarding from the hand to the graveyard.

the draw 3 cards deal is an incredible added bonus.

kevin: unlimited draw strategy...?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh...well alright >.>
if all the banned cards were legal wouldn't the game balance itself out though?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Obviously I don't. I'm not diametrically (lawl totally misusing that word but w/e) opposed to it. I just play a game that is (in my opinion) better. And I'm willing to teach it to anyone who cares at this or duke this weekend.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Does anyone at least play games meant for the simple 52 deck OTHER than 52 pick up?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That because it is, gard.

But yeah - Give me the run down to any of those games other than Poker.

i'll bring my deck of 52. Heck, I have my Uno cards always in my car, so that's coming with me regardless.

Top Bottom