• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

([Chicago Area Smashfests]) MELEE ONLY -4-9-09

NNID
MasterHavik
Well, zjin I'll try to make it out there this summer. And hell, I'm a freaking Ganon main in melee. I throught melee would've die since Brawl came out.

cykofox

Smash Ace
Hey Zjin, I live 10 minutes away from your house and I was wondering if I could go. Im always looking to play actual people rather that cpu's. And this is all melee only correct?

Thanks

Zjiin

Smash Master
Just to let you guys know, my cell phone is dead and i left my charger at Tre's. If you need to contact me, do so on AIM or call the house 773.582.3620

Vro

Smash Lord
Can't make it today. Doctor's appointment. So unless you want me to come at like 11 PM and then leave early to pick up my bro, can't come. Unless I can arrange for someone to pick up my bro.. so dumb.

edit: i'm on my way.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to pick up some groceries then I'll be on my way down, which means I'll probably show up 8ish.

Vro

Smash Lord
Good stuff. Sorry about me being so dumb during crews; but I guess it happens.

btw, Hudson was molesting me during the night. Then I realized he just wanted to sleep with me. Registered sex offender?

Zjiin

Smash Master
Good stuff. Sorry about me being so dumb during crews; but I guess it happens.

btw, Hudson was molesting me during the night. Then I realized he just wanted to sleep with me. Registered sex offender?
He says he doesn't even think about young boys anymore, but who knows.

NNID
MasterHavik
Wednesdays only. Weekends are for drinking ;)
Wow, man I'm only 15 so I'll show to get my Ganon and kirby out there. I ahve train hard with Ganon for a long time. just a BTW I know how to wavedash, but I don't like it that much at others do. So, don't call me a noob, ok? But I'll see if my mom would let me go after I get off from work. I make that money!!!!

Zjiin

Smash Master
how early can i arrive to this? I will be bringing a friend to this maybe. Possibly 2.
People usually get here around 5:30- 6pm. So feel free to come anytime after that.

Also, If anyone can bring an extra setups (if they have a small tv available) it would probably help to have a third station.

Fletch

Smash Master
According to my work schedule, I should be able to make this one. Looking forward to playing Zjiin and anyone else who shows up... Just please take it easy on me, haven't gotten a chance to play any Smash at all in a couple months.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I won't have a Wii for about a month, so i only have a cube and two copies of smash. I have an extra TV if someone can bring another system. If anyone can help, it would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks much.

Fletch

Smash Master
I won't have a Wii for about a month, so i only have a cube and two copies of smash. I have an extra TV if someone can bring another system. If anyone can help, it would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks much.
I can bring a Cube or a Wii, probably just bring the Cube to make it easier.

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
U guys like playing melee on the wii? There is delay when playing melee on a wii. I hate it. Havent had the chance to smash lately snce my cube is garbage, i have to open the disc tray like 30times to start up the character selection then 20times to start the match and another to press start when the match ends idk its just horrible.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
U guys like playing melee on the wii? There is delay when playing melee on a wii. I hate it. Havent had the chance to smash lately snce my cube is garbage, i have to open the disc tray like 30times to start up the character selection then 20times to start the match and another to press start when the match ends idk its just horrible.
Get a new one?

They're like 30 bucks at Gamestop, if not less. O_o

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
30 bux new?
i dont want to purchase a used one.
Plus ill also have to buy another melee copy, mine ****ed up. will get to these things as soon as possible =)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
30 bux new?
i dont want to purchase a used one.
Plus ill also have to buy another melee copy, mine ****ed up. will get to these things as soon as possible =)
They don't sell them new anymore.

The best you could do is get a nintendo refurbished (which I have two at my store).

They run 50 bucks. It's possible to find a copy of melee new, but not at Gamestop. Target HAD some, so one might or maybe even Walmart.

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the info but i had a friend stop by with his melee and it turns out its my disc. I'll just have to buy a new disc whenever i can.

Fletch

Smash Master
Good sh** to everyone who kicked my *** tonight. Maybe I'll get back into playing Melee and start attending these regularly...

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
Just fyi there is delay on my wii when i play melee on it. You wouldnt know since you have never played on it and never will. Keep hating scrubs btw, im sure they hate you also.

khepri

Smash Lord
I'm almost certain I can make it this week. I haven't played since the last one of these I went to and I want to make sure I don't lose any tech skill or anything.

Vro

Smash Lord
I'm almost certain I can make it this week. I haven't played since the last one of these I went to and I want to make sure I don't lose any tech skill or anything.
no johns. you better make it.

Top Bottom