• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

([Chicago Area Smashfests]) MELEE ONLY -4-9-09

alcheato

Smash Ace
Well this thread seems to be dying. On another note, I've been meaning to record some matches and finally have the stuff to do it so if anyone nearby (just mapquest my hometown) wants to get together and record such awesomeness, do tell (PM or IM on AIM plz).

khepri

Smash Lord
Well this thread seems to be dying. On another note, I've been meaning to record some matches and finally have the stuff to do it so if anyone nearby (just mapquest my hometown) wants to get together and record such awesomeness, do tell (PM or IM on AIM plz).
When I get access to a car over summer, I'll definitely be up for playing. As for now, you're about an hour away from me.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I don't really want to bump this thread, but this is the easiest way to talk to the people in the area without changing the topic on another thread or starting a stupid new one.

Just wondering... i live in southside chicago for the time being, and wondering if anyone would want to get a little practice during the week. I could use a variety of compitition as often as i can get it, so lemme know.

As for the weekends, I only play smash if i'm going to a tourney for the majority of the time.

~Z

Mars-

Smash Champion
If you set something up I will see if I can come.

EDIT: Rofl dabear doesn't think I am real. LOL.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Me Dan(Yoru) and Ramon all live in the northside (Skokie'ish area). We all live probably within 10 mins of each other. We play spontaneously whenever I put out THE WORD... THE END

Mars-

Smash Champion
Me Dan(Yoru) and Ramon all live in the northside (Skokie'ish area). We all live probably within 10 mins of each other. We play spontaneously whenever I put out THE WORD... THE END
Well aren't you special?

I regret not being able to come to any of these, but if you get something going I can see what I can do.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Well, i'm not planning on having an event. I was just wondering if someone nearby wanted to get together for an informal thing. I just need some practice and interested who was conviniently close.

khepri

Smash Lord
I'll play you too, I live on 56th and Drexel. I dont have a car yet, but I can easily take a bus if you dont want to come to my place. I work until about 5 everyday, so if you dont mind night smashing, then Im in.

sligmasta

Smash Cadet
availible to smash

i was on smash boards a few months ago but ive been really busy since then. I live in Oak Park (west chicago suburbs) and am looking for some games. 2 problems, i have a lack of transportation, and my work schedual changes every week. but if anyone can get out to oak park for some smash, send me a message and we can try to set it up

Smash Journeyman
i would love to come get some games but i also need a ride.*kels88* if kels would come pick me up i 'll be more than happy to go and PAY him for taking me.

also sligmasta my falco is way better i would love to get some more of your shiek.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
i was on smash boards a few months ago but ive been really busy since then. I live in Oak Park (west chicago suburbs) and am looking for some games. 2 problems, i have a lack of transportation, and my work schedual changes every week. but if anyone can get out to oak park for some smash, send me a message and we can try to set it up
Slig, why is it that we havent played each other yet, especially considering that I live in River Forest (i.e. probably within 2 miles of where you live). If you wanna smash, just name the day (cough not wednesdays), I can make the trip to your place.

Scythe

Smash Master
Oak Park isn't to far from where i live either, like a 15 minute drive.
the lack of local tournaments is very annoying.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Ok, that is only like 15 minutes from me, are you gonna hold any more smash fests or you just looking to play?
For now i'm just looking for some new peeps to play. (you can only kick Eddie's *** so much before it gets boring bwahahaha)

[EDIT] Also if anyone decent is going to FC, i need a parntner for teams.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Uh...... to whoever it was who called me a few days ago and talked about smashing this tues, (the 26th) I have to cancel. Things came up and i sure hope you check here because you didnt give me your name or number.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Blast from the past. I am thinking of starting up weekly smashfests again, but at a different location. I will update more info when i get home from work.

Do you LOVE Brawl?! Well, that's too bad because there will be Melee ONLY.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Hey, Zjiin, I am gonna be over at cosmos. We should do some Worms if you have time =P

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
If all goes according to plan, Trail and I should be making an appearance at such a prestigious event. Just tell Hudson to watch out for the Hudson-head-squeezing hands of Trail. heh

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
Anyone coming through the park forest/Richton Park area. A ride would be appreciated and I'll pay. I'm just eager to get into the smash scene in Chicago since MN plays nothing but brawl nowadays...

Top Bottom