• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
If there are any chess players in the smash playing world, I am open to online challenges on chess.com.
My username is
RavenofDarkness.
Creating an account is easy on chess.com, and once you create one simply search for my name and challenge me. Or you can give me your account name, and I will challenge you.
Either is fine.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Yay, finally someone else has heard of this awesome and ancient game! To be honest, my making an account will probably not happen anytime soon. It's good to know that other people play this world renowned game.

Equi

Smash Ace
I play on chess.com

Name: equivocalx

Send me a challenge if you want to play. I try to play on live though but correspondence is cool.

BTW Chess is effing amazing. Glad to see there's more smashers that play it.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I challenge anyone to play me!!! Challenge me if you dare. Username: Yoshimanssbm

My average chess rating is around 1950

I take chess more seriously then melee! so watch out I have skillz.

Edit: I also play chess 960

Memento Mori,

Yoshiman
Someone's inside game has been revealed and feels the need to brag about it :laugh:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'd play, but, like, I take a while to think of a move to make. And if those matches have timed moves, I wouldn't be able to do it. :>

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I'd play, but, like, I take a while to think of a move to make. And if those matches have timed moves, I wouldn't be able to do it. :>
There's the "correspondence chess" that we're all playing right now, and the standard setting is 3 days a move... but raven and i are online at the same time and just play like a casual game.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I got really into a chess for like a month or two over the summer, then stopped playing. I'll probably go back to it sometime in the future.

GOD!

Smash Ace
I'm just about to go to chess club and I see this thread :)

I have a pogo account already but I'll probably get a chess.com one soon, even though I don't really like correspondence that much.
I'm not that good but I'm alright, I'd love to have some matches going with a few people. My endgame is awful, so I need all the situational work I can get.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I'm Okaaaay at chess, I'm kind of a beginner, but I know my way around.

Raven I challenged you.

Since your avatar is Zero, I assume that one of the first moves is going to be to move your king forward and then latter into the the game break the rules of chess by putting your king into check? :laugh: Please? That would be most appreciated.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I'm just about to go to chess club and I see this thread :)

I have a pogo account already but I'll probably get a chess.com one soon, even though I don't really like correspondence that much.

Pretty sure a site like chess.com has timed settings too. I use to play on pogo too, but people started hacking by resigning when I won, and when you click "Accept Resignation" they won. Chess.com is an easy/free registration and the boards are bigger than pogo. How much time do you play?

GOD!

Smash Ace
Both of you guys castled kind of early. I liked 4. Bxc6, doubled pawns and put you ahead pretty early. I would have gone for the pawn cap though.

Also I didn't understand 9. Nxd4. Couldn't you have gone 9. Bg6? Either that or pushed a right-side pawn up.

Edit: I meant left-side pawn, silly me.

Harriettheguy, I usually play the two hours during chess club and sometimes a couple hours between friday classes. About every other weekend, me and a few chess club guys get together on our pogo accounts and talk through situations together (and get destroyed by the advanced guys).

Equi

Smash Ace
There was a time where I was pretty good, I haven't played in a while though. Trying to get back into it. I favor positional over tactics.

Zergum is the best chess smasher I've played so far.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Both of you guys castled kind of early. I liked 4. Bxc6, doubled pawns and put you ahead pretty early. I would have gone for the pawn cap though.

Also I didn't understand 9. Nxd4. Couldn't you have gone 9. Bg6? Either that or pushed a right-side pawn up.

Edit: I meant left-side pawn, silly me.

Harriettheguy, I usually play the two hours during chess club and sometimes a couple hours between friday classes. About every other weekend, me and a few chess club guys get together on our pogo accounts and talk through situations together (and get destroyed by the advanced guys).
can I help destroy you guys?

Top Bottom