• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess With Your Power 2.0 - IT BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Come on KevinM and unknownforce!

I don't me and Wikipedia winning our respective games by resignation.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Apologies for the bump, but it's better then making a new thread.

Does anyone still use the site? I've gotten back into it since the summer and would be up for any games or tournaments if enough people are interested.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
That's funny, I just got back into chess again too.

My real chess.com user name is DukeRebuke, not Wikipedia. Challenge me on that one.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm busy tonight with assignments but I'll challenge you tomorrow Wiki.

People interested in participating in future tournaments should join Chess.com in order to be able to play. Be sure to sign up to Chess.com with the same username as your Smashboards one to avoid confusion.

Overload

Smash Lord
I'm going to sign up for chess.com right now.
EDIT: gah Overload was taken so I had to use 0verload instead

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I'm in on this. Someone should PM me if we actually get some kind of tournament going.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Sure, I'll play.

For the record, White = King's Gambit or Yugoslav

Black = Sicilian or Budapest Gambit

In a perfect chess world...all games as white would be KGs and all games as black would be Traxlers.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Glad to see all the interest.

Anyone up for a game right now?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
when i was a senior in high school, a freshman beat me in chess while blindfolded. About halfway through I didn't believe him, so he turned around and kept playing. It was ridiculous, he would just say his move out loud and my friend would move them for him.

Then I felt really stupid, but we started talking about ****, and one thing led to another, and then I beat him in Pokemon FR/LG. =D go go tom go!
I know this is from months ago, but wow, it's like in Hikaru no Go. So you just told him where you moved?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's been a while, duke, since I've last made love to you...I mean, have last spoken to you. How have you been?

btw... I'm in for the next chess tourney.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Awwwww yeeah B-Will is back. We should catch up on AIM sometime.

It sounds like there is good feedback for another tournament. Do we want to do another one? Do we want to do it on chess.com? Or do we want to just set up the bracket and have people finish at their leisure on any chess site and just record who won? There are drawbacks to this, ties will be hard to calculate and chess.com tournaments have an automatic tie breaking system.

What do we want to do?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah good game Wiki, well played. Funny thing is the exact same thing happened next game.

I'm up for any tourneys.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Awwwww yeeah B-Will is back. We should catch up on AIM sometime.

It sounds like there is good feedback for another tournament. Do we want to do another one? Do we want to do it on chess.com? Or do we want to just set up the bracket and have people finish at their leisure on any chess site and just record who won? There are drawbacks to this, ties will be hard to calculate and chess.com tournaments have an automatic tie breaking system.

What do we want to do?
Doesn't matter. Chess.com, yahoo... it won't change the fact that I am going to be the one who comes out on top.

cman

Smash Ace
Is there another tournament happening? If so, i'd like to join. I'm not too good, but i like playing. My account name is cman17

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Yeah, chess.com's live chess feature is great (when it doesn't crash in the middle of games which is more frequent than it should be). But that still doesn't address the issue of calculating ties. If you actually use the tournament set up for chess.com it will calculate all of the groups, eliminations, points and tie breaks.

Overload

Smash Lord
What do you guys think of yahoo chess?
also, if you haven't already, feel free to join the smashboards chess club.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
What do you guys think of yahoo chess?
also, if you haven't already, feel free to join the smashboards chess club.
I personally like yahoo chess a lot; it's the only site that I have played chess on.

It never crashes so it's pretty reliable.

I don't know how it compares to chess.com. It sounds like that chess.com offers more features, from what I can tell from Duke's post.

I'm open to trying a new site.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah the chess.com tournament options are more convenient then the live chess.

Alright, there's clearly alot of interest. Shall we start gathering a list of people down for the tourny?
The following are clearly interested:

Wikipedia
N9NE
0verload
Tomato Kirby
Matunas
dawgbowl
A6M Zero
B-Will
MASAHIROx
cman17

How are we going to do this, chess.com, yahoo? Come on guys lets get this rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom