• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess With Your Power 2.0 - IT BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman

I am afraid I don't have the time to play in this Chess Torney, but, in the event this is a great turnout, I'd for sure join the following one!

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Ok so I am still waiting, the moderator I messaged was granted a week long break for Christmas and so he hasn't been able to return my message and now he is back and swamped because he was on vacation so it might be a little longer. But trust me guys, this will happen at least in the next week.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Unfortunately I have to withdraw from this tournament guys. Hopefully face you all in the next one.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Ok, we are so ready for this, everyone check your chess.com username for an invitation, if you go on there and can't find one then post in here with your chess.com user name.

This will begin on January 20th.

EDIT: Alright I sent out as many invitations as I could, there were several people that I could not find a chess.com account for so please make one and post the name of it here, try to make it as close to your smashboards name as possible. Also, the invitations are from the username DukeRebuke which is my username on chess.com.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
I didn't get one, mine is the same as my smashboards name, enigmaticcam. You've invited me before :)

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Strange, I haven't received it. Aren't I supposed to get a notification of the invite? I haven't been active for a while, but I wouldn't think that would prevent me from getting it would it?

Edit: I'm a ******, I had the setting turned on that automatically declined tournament/game invites. Sorry, my bad, lol. Can you resend invite one last time? Thanks

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I was going to say to you, when I invited you it said, 'Sorry EnigmaticCam is not accepting tournament invites.' But I just sent it to you and it worked so maybe you changed it since then.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Shoot, I should have waited. Anyway, good luck to everyone. Hopefully this will be a success unlike last time and there will be regular matches and tournaments.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Not sure if I already posted it here, but just in case I didn't, SkylerOcon is my chess.com user name.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Yeah, if you and your opponent want to get on at the same time you guys can alternate turns as fast as you want, or if you want to do it on another site then just have the loser of that game and resign the game on chess.com that is fine too. But you have a maximum of 3 days to move otherwise.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I dislike correspondence chess, but I will happily play. my name is korobeniki (no caps)

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
It's a good thing I'm doing some practice games because **** I'm rusty. Haven't played in a long time and I'm losing to 1400 rated players, ouch >.> I got some catching up to do

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
dawg: Yeah, don't worry, I will PM everyone.

B-Will: You have until the 20th. But I will start without you if you don't make an account before then :(

Overload

Smash Lord
Just so everyone knows, during the tournament I will be willing to play all matches in real time. If you are my opponent and you want to get it all done at that time, let me know.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Four more days, there are still several people on the sign up list that have not talked to me about getting an invite because I couldn't find them on chess.com or they haven't made an account yet.

Overload

Smash Lord
Oh crap this was supposed to start yesterday right? I completely spaced it out, I had to write an essay.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for playing all my games live, if my opponents are up for it...not really sure on how everything works or how to set it up though.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Next B-Will you will want to go on chess.com and press on "My Home" on the top right corner. It will then take you to your games, just click on the ones that say "My Move".

I started the tournament, go out and chess with your power.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright. I'm against Overload and EnigmaticCam first round. I'm not very familiar with Chess.com's tournament interface, so how do I start up a match?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Next B-Will you will want to go on chess.com and press on "My Home" on the top right corner. It will then take you to your games, just click on the ones that say "My Move".

I started the tournament, go out and chess with your power.
I made my move.

This is kind of funny. We are just doing one move at a time? Couldn't these games potentially take like a month if we weren't very active? I mean, ****, we have 3 days to make one move.

Plus, doing these one move at a time would allow an opponent to do research or ask better players what the best move would be, although I do trust us to not do that.

I would rather play a game live. Is there a way to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom