• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess With Your Power 2.0 - IT BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Well played unknownforce.

I'm up for a game anytime people. Let me know if you want to play.

EDIT: Just joined an 100 man tournament lol.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Come this weekend, I'll try out the FICS server; if it doesn't host tournaments, we'll just organize them on paper or continue using chess.com.

We should spend a little more time organizing tournaments; I suggest someone email Wikipedia or me and state what weeks they will be available to play from April 26th through the end of may. I'll pick a week in which most people are able to play or set the tournament up in such a way that certain people play each other during particular weeks. This will ensure greater success.

In the meantime, expirement with chess clients and give your feedback here.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I'm telling you guys, chess.com is probably the best website to use. Even if we decide to do brackets or any other type of tournament I think we should still use chess.com.

But from experience, people cannot handle setting up their own games and doing it in real time. We already tried it on this site and it took forever and it never got finished.

I am starting a new list for another tournament on the first page.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
the best way to do it is just to post matchups in this thread, and have people post and decide on a time frame that works for their game. Then they play on FICS, and report the win/loss in this thread again.

also, chess tournaments don't do brackets. they use the swiss system. Round robin can work as well, but never brackets.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
I'm telling you guys, chess.com is probably the best website to use. Even if we decide to do brackets or any other type of tournament I think we should still use chess.com.

But from experience, people cannot handle setting up their own games and doing it in real time. We already tried it on this site and it took forever and it never got finished.

I am starting a new list for another tournament on the first page.
God yea, it seriously took like 3 months for a bracket tournament and we never even finished.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Sorry guys for giving up all the time, but my own computer broke so I wasn't able to get online every day :(.

So are we gonna redo it or will it just continue?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
No, we are going to redo. If you already have a chess.com name and you wish to enter then send me a private message on chess.com for an invite to the tournament.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I'll jump back in again.

Good games N9, it was a pleasure playing you! In the meantime, if anyone wants to play a real time match, feel free to IM me (Xeno171).

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
All I know is you better put me in it this time.
I'll sign up.
Still locked and loaded
put me in as name number 1 this time please because i do not want KevinM to come before me
You know I'm up for it.
I'll jump back in again.

Good games N9, it was a pleasure playing you! In the meantime, if anyone wants to play a real time match, feel free to IM me (Xeno171).
I have these people down as wanting to enter the next tournament.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
What's your guys favorite opening? I try to open with the king's pawn first so I can get an early castle.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i guess since kevinM and i won the last one, we should both be in this one too.

my favorite opening its the Sicilian, pepperoni, no anchovies

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm participating in a tournament now on Chess.com, but if anyone wants a game and has an account on there just challenge me and I'll be up for it. My name on Chess.com is N9NE.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Everyone read the first post, I have updated some information and put some disclaimers. If you are not willing to take some time to play several games, possibly at one time, then do not sign up.

This tournament will begin May 4th.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I don't think I'll be able to participate in this tournament because the one I'm involved in doesn't look like it will finish by the 4th.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Who is DukeRebuke? I accepted his invite. More people need to as well.

I thought Wikipedia was hosting this tournament?

When does it begin?

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
For not following your own guidelines, I will eat all of your cookies! THEY ARE NO LONGER A SOMETIME FOOD!

My initial moves:

If I am white, I move my E-2 Pawn to E-4.
If I am black, I move out a Knight and pawn to protect it.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
>_>

I have another account that is Wikipedia to enter the tournament, I made the account before I even started this thread.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Why are you being defensive? You should be remourseful for the loss of cookies.

Why do you have more openings than the number of people who requested to be in a chess tournament? Are you going to open registration when a certain # of people from here register?

cF=)

Smash Lord
I need to practice with someone before this thing gets going. Someone message me and let me know when your available.
I'm too lazy to PM you, so I'll post out loud in this thread that you should download Babaschess and come play online with me. Oh please, I need opponents >__>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom