• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess With Your Power 2.0 - IT BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
If Quilt accepts we can start. Everyone else is registered.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I didn't get you in my bracket Kevin, but I'm still up for a game for fun!

I've challenged most of the people in my bracket. Anyone who wants to get started can accept anytime.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'l play you now unknown.

But does this count for the tournament because Wiki said we had to wait until everyone had accepted? Quilt hasn't accepted yet.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah that's what I thought. Wait until everyone accepts and then the games start automatically.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'm totally sorry guys; I thought you could start without me. School has been burdening.

I'm readdy. Let's do this thing.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Apologies for the double post, but just to let Wikipedia, Tom17, Riciardos, unknownforce and Galaxy17 know that our pool of the tournament has started.

I don't want anyone forfeiting because they didn't move within the time limit because they didn't know the tournament started.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Oh. My. God. I can't believe I lost two games in a row. That breaks my winning streak of 40+. I'm a sad cookie monster.

Good job, N9NE.

Yeah, you guys should definately hurry up, or we'll have to restart the tournament (which I wouldn't mind, either XD.)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Lol restarting would suck for me.

Guys you got 9 hours.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Looks like we can get started!

I seem to have two matches versus everyone at the same time. Should we just make one of the matches a draw or should we play them both out?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The maximum time between moves should have been longer then 24 hours.

I'm going to win 6 games if they don't move in 5 hours. That would suck.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Looks like we're going to have to start over, they only got 3 hours.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm a chess player.

rated about 1450 or so.

threadstarter, i'm guessing that if you don't know your rating, you are nowhere near 1750. 1750 takes years of studying and playing. i've never ever heard of anyone who was unrated and played above a 1300 or so level.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
God. N9NE's gonna win the freakin' tournament. I STILL WANT MY REVENGE!
lol. Me, you, unknownforce and Tom are playing so we can still who comes out on top out of us four.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
the best place to play free online is through FICS, which you can join by going to freechess.org

you'll have to download a chess client to connect/play through. I highly recommend using babaschess as your client software.

i'm magnumpawn on there. feel free to add me as a 'friend'. "+notify magnumpawn" is how you do that.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Yeah, but it's awfully slow. Atleast for me. Since this isn't my computer, I'm not sure I can download a chess client.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I just won 5 matches by doing nothing.

So what are we going to do? Restart, play on?

If we restart I should have 2 points from beating Quilt lol.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
>_< Man. I don't want to win a tournament I didn't really even play in. Come on guys. Let's restart, or use a different client altogether, preferably real-time.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm telling you, FICS is the way to play, unless of course you want to spend money getting a membership over at chessclub.com. it's the best, but FICS is free.

it's a REALLY small piece of software. like 2 megs or something.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Woah. Sorry guys I went to Disneyland. We wouldn't have been able to finish anyways because MASARIHO never made a screen name, the pools were set up for 14 people exactly.

I have a premium membership now on chess.com so I have more options in making tournaments. Now, as many people can play as possible, I can make it longer time and smaller pools.

Sorry guys, I was hoping the hotel would have internet.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
*shrugs* My only games have been versus Quilt and N9 (which are still ongoing). I won the others by default. I guess we can still play it out.

After playing on chess.com I really think we would be better off arranging the games ourselves in real time chess. Why don't we give everyone around a week to play their games and run the pool system that way? Players could post their IM's and arrange the games themselves. Just a possible suggestion.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Disneyland > Chess tournament. Don't worry about it lol.

Any format we come up with is cool with me, I just want to play some chess.

EDIT: I think we should just forget about these current games we're playing. Don't really count for anything so seem pretty redundant.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Disneyland > Chess tournament. Don't worry about it lol.

Any format we come up with is cool with me, I just want to play some chess.

EDIT: I think we should just forget about these current games we're playing. Don't really count for anything so seem pretty redundant.
Aw man... I was having a good time with them, even if they were kind of slow.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I don't mind, since it seems nothing else is going to be sorted out soon, I'll gladly finish them with you.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I need to hear what the best timeframe would be.

Should we leave it up for the players to schedule their own times? Should I just set up the tournament how I did but just allow more time? None of the above?

I think Tom is a poopy pants. This can still work.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
the best place to play free online is through FICS, which you can join by going to freechess.org

you'll have to download a chess client to connect/play through. I highly recommend using babaschess as your client software.

i'm magnumpawn on there. feel free to add me as a 'friend'. "+notify magnumpawn" is how you do that.
Should we try that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom