• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheers Love, The Cavalry's Here! (Tracer Support Thread)

Bandiheart

Smash Rookie
"The world could always use more heroes!"

Introduction

Tracer is one of the many playable characters in Overwatch. With her twin Pulse Pistols, Time Bombs, she is quite a force to be reckoned with. Thanks to her Chrono-Accelerator, she is able to warp/blink through time, which makes her arsenal that much more fearsome.

The Reasoning
Tracer is the most clear choice out of the rest of the Overwatch cast. Also considering that she was the only hero in the reveal trailer (besides Winston) when Widowmaker and Reaper attacked, and is on the box art and most promotional material you would see for the game, it only makes sense that she would make it in over most of the other heroes.
Yes. I know Overwatch came out in 2016. However, Overwatch was being worked on before 2016, and was also another game before it became Overwatch. Tracer was also the first hero to be implemented into Overwatch.

Moveset Potential
Down-B: Recall - Tracer's Down-B isn't quite a counter. When used, she will vanish for roughly 2 seconds. When time is up, she will appear roughly where she was 2 seconds ago, and will recover any damage she took. This move will be unable to be used for 6 seconds after being used. If Tracer appears in the air, she will be put in Freefall.
Up-B: Blink - Tracer looks above her and warps upwards. This move can be angled.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I support. A character from an FPS would be one of the last characters that I'd ever expect. And what better character from an FPS game other than Tracer from Overwatch?

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
How hasn't this thread exploded yet? Everyone's thinking about Tracer, yet the support thread is just as dead as my Reaper thread. I support, and I will bring this thread to the attention of the support thread directory if this thread hasn't been found yet.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Tracer would be awesome, as Overwatch is one of my favorite games! Her biggest issue to me has always been her moveset, but yours seems quite good! I definitely support.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
To fill in the other specials:

Neutral B: Pulse Pistols
Similar to Joker's, but she always shoots three short but weak shots each time. For the third and last shot, she uses both pistols, which makes the opponent flinch.

Side B: Pulse Bomb
She throws one and it explodes on impact.

Final Smash:
Just another cinematic type. She bands together with a whole bunch of other Overwatch Heroes (Have you noticed this trend with most other FS lately?) and they all join together to attack any opponents caught in her grasp upon initiating the attack.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Doubt this means tracer or any OW in smash. It just means an OW port for switch
Well it crosses the first basic hurdle of a game in the series being on a Nintendo platform.

That is like, the single "rule" left standing.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Plus one supporter please.

She is a character who would be incredibly unique.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
Absolutely support.
Despite having played Overwatch for a very brief amount of time (unknowingly, my computer lacked the specs to handle it), I feel that Tracer would make an integral addition to the roster.

Her potential moveset, popularity, memorability, and even her bubbly personality collectively shows why she would be a perfect fit for Smash. She would also represent the Hero Shooter genre quite well.

There's a 4chan leak that potentially hints towards her inclusion in the fall direct. Of course, it should be taken with a grain a salt, but it does seem plausible!

zferolie

Smash Hero
That female character could just as easily be fore shantae or any female character. People like to complain about her too so it fits that haha

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Absolutely support.
Despite having played Overwatch for a very brief amount of time (unknowingly, my computer lacked the specs to handle it), I feel that Tracer would make an integral addition to the roster.

Her potential moveset, popularity, memorability, and even her bubbly personality collectively shows why she would be a perfect fit for Smash. She would also represent the Hero Shooter genre quite well.

There's a 4chan leak that potentially hints towards her inclusion in the fall direct. Of course, it should be taken with a grain a salt, but it does seem plausible!
That "leak" is so unbelievably fake. A specific date for a direct, they keep it extremely vague and just say she's female but not highly demanded? A text post on 4chan does not a leak make.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
I'm not denying that it could be fake, but Tracer does fit the criteria of a female character that's not really demanded and would probably disappoint and confuse.

In stark contrast, Shantae is highly demanded and wouldn't confuse anyone.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Oh cool. A thread I can actually express my want for Tracer in.

Twitter sure is a ****storm right now regarding this. I don't even think Steve trended like this
chrome_2019-08-26_21-14-01.png

Edit:
The amount of hate I am getting on Twitter right now really hurts :(

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So, I preordered Overwatch and picked it up on release.

It is still sitting in its shrink wrap. It's one of the few games I bought and just haven't done anything with. I should probably play it...

That said, sign me up as a supporter! I like gay British time-travellers and want to help counteract the impressive saltstorm that the idea of Tracer maybe possibly having a non-zero chance of getting in the game has kicked up.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Be they salty Shantae/Dixie/insert female character here fans or paranoid Crash fans, those are pretty much all the types of people I see, at least on Twitter, that don't at least give Tracer a fair shot.

Which means I think she's more than earned it.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
As someone who used to binge on Overwatch with a a group of friends and knows how much hell and salt Tracer's kit could bring to Smash and it's community, I support.

I'm also going to pick up the Switch port. I just hope the port isn't awful because it's one of several games I've been waiting to come to the Switch.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As far as Overwatch characters go, Tracer or D.va would be awesome :)

It wouldn't be my go-to franchise for a female character, but at this point I just want one for dlc. So long as they're fun and good to play.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
People like to post an article that says "Blizzard would add a Diablo character if Nintendo asked them for a smash rep" it's like people forget that negotiations are a thing. If Nintendo wanted Tracer and was willing to pay for Tracer I'm sure Blizzard would be more then happy to give Nintendo Tracer. It really is annoying how much people downplay the impact Overwatch has had.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
People like to post an article that says "Blizzard would add a Diablo character if Nintendo asked them for a smash rep" it's like people forget that negotiations are a thing. If Nintendo wanted Tracer and was willing to pay for Tracer I'm sure Blizzard would be more then happy to give Nintendo Tracer. It really is annoying how much people downplay the impact Overwatch has had.
Typically since protagonists are the way to go thus far and Diablo and Warcraft don't really possess either. The only one of the big three before Overwatch that did was StarCraft which has three.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Typically since protagonists are the way to go thus far and Diablo and Warcraft don't really possess either. The only one of the big three before Overwatch that did was StarCraft which has three.
Well Diablo and Warcraft do have protagonists but what I think you're gettin at is that they primarily use the villains in their advertising.

Tracer is treated as the primary protagonist of Overwatch along with Winston (even if all of the story shown up until now has been backstory focused on Soldier 76 and Reaper's messy break-up)

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Well Diablo and Warcraft do have protagonists but what I think you're gettin at is that they primarily use the villains in their advertising.

Tracer is treated as the primary protagonist of Overwatch along with Winston (even if all of the story shown up until now has been backstory focused on Soldier 76 and Reaper's messy break-up)
I mean the player characters for those games can be super different from one another. Like the Diablo classes for instance. Or your WoW character whose race and abilities can be radically different from other players.

ZelDan

Smash Master
While I can't say Tracer has crossed my mind much in terms of Smash inclusion before recent leaks, I'm certainly not against her inclusion and would be happy with her being added, being a huge fan of OW myself.

Sucks that she has alot of hate assocaited with her because...uh...reasons?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
While I can't say Tracer has crossed my mind much in terms of Smash inclusion before recent leaks, I'm certainly not against her inclusion and would be happy with her being added, being a huge fan of OW myself.

Sucks that she has alot of hate assocaited with her because...uh...reasons?
Main reasons I am seeing on Twitter is
"Overwatch bad"
and for some reason a lot of people think she is in competition with Doom Guy? Then there are the people that think she would take Crash's spot.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Main reasons I am seeing on Twitter is
"Overwatch bad"
and for some reason a lot of people think she is in competition with Doom Guy? Then there are the people that think she would take Crash's spot.
I don't understand the Doom Guy's supporters, but I guess people thinking she could take Crash's spot is because Blizzard is owned by Activision, who also owns Crash. Honestly don't see what would stop both characters from getting in, but oh well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The only thing that would stop them from getting in is time constraints for development/negotiation, or Sak thinking "well, one Western character's enough for this time". Until proof of the contrary, I haven't seen any company that wouldn't want at least one of their characters to be featured in Smash.

Edit: And the 4Chan leak was fake, as expected. Luckily OW is indeed on the Switch now.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say Tracer is Blizzard's most marketable character (Except in Russia) so if Blizzard and Nintendo got together she'd most likely be the top pick...

It it wasn't for the parent company, Activision Blizzard

Yep, Tracer would potentially have to compete with Crash.
Then again, we got Sonic and Joker no problem. Still, something to think about.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
I mean, are people actually expecting Blizzard to come out and say, "We ported Overwatch to Switch because we want to see Tracer in Smash"? :dazwa:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thinking, with the data mining reveal that there's a lot of alt costumes slots for the DLC fighters, what skins would Tracer have as alt costumes?

She could just have her differently colored "rare" and Epic skins, which currently total 7 but where's the fun in that?

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Thinking, with the data mining reveal that there's a lot of alt costumes slots for the DLC fighters, what skins would Tracer have as alt costumes?

She could just have her differently colored "rare" and Epic skins, which currently total 7 but where's the fun in that?
I'd love to see her graffiti skin! Although, her Cadet skin would also make sense as it's more related Overwatch's lore

Top Bottom