• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Checklist of things to Look for in Smash Demo

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's one, does Marth still speak Japanese?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Here's one, does Marth still speak Japanese?

Honestly, I hope he still does.

"Mina, mitiete kure" is one of the coolest quotes from Smash itself, along Falcon Punch, at least for me.

(I have no idea if I wrote it correctly, I wrote it exactly as it sounds).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Something occurred to me. What are the chances they'll allow pictures?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Something occurred to me. What are the chances they'll allow pictures?

High, I could take pictures of last year's E3 when Mario Kart 8 was unveiled and demoed. Unless they feel like they need to be much more secretive with Smash than they were with Mario Kart, I don't see why we couldn't take pictures, specially of publicly available demos.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Curious to see if hitstun will be restored in this game. That was my biggest problem with Brawl, the fact that you could barely perform combo strings. Acting out of hitstun was extremely annoying to deal with so I'm hoping you can't air dodge or use an aerial out of it. This would also get rid of momentum cancelling which allowed some characters to live until ridiculous %s. Please Sakurai :).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
>implying Pyrosphere will even be playable.
>implying Sakurai wouldn't want to tease Ridley again.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Honestly, I hope he still does.

"Mina, mitiete kure" is one of the coolest quotes from Smash itself, along Falcon Punch, at least for me.

(I have no idea if I wrote it correctly, I wrote it exactly as it sounds).
What does that even translate to?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
What does that even translate to?
Its supposed to literally be translated to "Everyone, look at me" or something similar. But the context is supposed to be something along Ike's "I fight for my friends" where Marth is actually asking his friends to "watch over him", in a protective kind of way, sort of like how a mother watches over her kids.

But I don't care about the meaning, I just love how it sounds.

Morbi

Scavenger
Its supposed to literally be translated to "Everyone, look at me" or something similar. But the context is supposed to be something along Ike's "I fight for my friends" where Marth is actually asking his friends to "watch over him", in a protective kind of way, sort of like how a mother watches over her kids.

But I don't care about the meaning, I just love how it sounds.
Certainly, it was probably my favorite taunt in the game; if I go to the event, I might actually try out taunts. Maybe the fabled fourth taunt with be in Smash 4?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I wonder do you guys think you have enough time to see if Decay in the game? It's a bit hard to test for but it would be nice to know if it's still in or not.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
* Final Smashes of all characters. (Especially Luigi)
* What the new moves of Sheik, Zamus and Zelda do. (Can Zelda move while the phantom is out or hold the charage for example)
* What does the special flag do?
* Can Villager catch Pikachu's Thunder?
* How sensitive is the timing on WFT's breathing move?
* Alt costumes and how to get them. (Female Villager?)
* Stage Bosses and what they do. (Pyrosphere people) (RIDLEY!??!)
* Steal a copy and hack it
* Test out any brand new characters announced.
* How does Mega Evolution work?
* Character select screen.
* Figure out the Villager's frigging Bowling Ball attack.
Just my personal questions to add on to yours.
* Where does the Xevious ship appear?
* Look for any Little Mac pink tracksuit
* Find out what happens when Kirby eats any newcomer. Especially Villager.
* Check out any returning stages.
* Stickers returning? (Perhaps in the form of Miiverse stamps?)
* Non-FD, neutral stages
* Find out how the gravity-shifted stages work.
* What happens when Pikachu or Charizard get the Tanooki tail?
* Little Mac codecs with Doc Louis?
* Post pictures to your own Miiverse account.
* ANY sign of Pac-Man? Capt. Falcon?
* What if Link got the boomerang flower? Could here throw both and cause massive damage.
* Perhaps a newcomer Nintendo just snuck in without word.
* Enjoy beautiful grafficks and musiks.
* Does the character select screen look like the leaked photos?
* What do the varying Luma colours mean?
* Check out new edge-hogging mechanic with tether recoveries.
* Find out how fast you can fall.
* Try "Special Brawl".

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
What is this supposed to mean?
Boomerang flower is an item, and since Link (well, Toon Link at least) has a boomerang (unless it got swapped without me knowing), I want to know what happens when he gets that item. It seems like it's be an item where you press A to toss a boomerang. So, what if you used Link's own boomerang alongside the item?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Boomerang flower is an item, and since Link (well, Toon Link at least) has a boomerang (unless it got swapped without me knowing), I want to know what happens when he gets that item. It seems like it's be an item where you press A to toss a boomerang. So, what if you used Link's own boomerang alongside the item?

My guess is that he would shoot another boomerang. I mean, there are Bob-Bombs and Link has a bomb, he can throw them both but one will hit first. There are also Laser Guns and Falco has a Laser Gun, he can alternate shooting them. I don't think I am understanding why you think having 2 boomerangs will cause some weird effect.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
My guess is that he would shoot another boomerang. I mean, there are Bob-Bombs and Link has a bomb, he can throw them both but one will hit first. There are also Laser Guns and Falco has a Laser Gun, he can alternate shooting them. I don't think I am understanding why you think having 2 boomerangs will cause some weird effect.
Never said theyd have a weird effect. Really, I just wanted to know if, since boomdrangs come back to you, and you can avoud them to keep them flying around the stage, I just wanted to see if they will both fly around at the same time.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
We're all planning this so carefully, trying to squeeze every bit of information we can out of the demo.

I love you people <3

Last edited:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Can villager jump after his own chopped down tree and pocket it? Oh the fear of facing a villager with a tree in his pocket!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
check if villager has a zair, and if it can be used for recovery. im guessing if he does, his zair will be his fishing rod, while on the ground its the butterfly net. (imaging seeing the net stretch as far as links zair with the tether buffs)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Someone needs to check if Sonic can still cancel his spindashes with shield.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
The most important thing is obviously the Brawl hitstun breaker.

The not most important thing is trying Smash Taunts with all sorts of available characters on their home franchise stages. If it crashes the game in any case, this is good news. If result is sensible, this is even better news.
EDIT: Though not necessarily for Snake, I suppose...

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles

The not most important thing is trying Smash Taunts with all sorts of available characters on their home franchise stages. If it crashes the game in any case, this is good news. If result is sensible, this is even better news.
Could you explain what exactly you're talking about here? I don't understand what any of this means...

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Could you explain what exactly you're talking about here? I don't understand what any of this means...
I don't really think you could not look that up, but here you go.

One of the most weird gameplay design decisions in Brawl was that you easily could break out of hitstun with an air dodge, significantly voiding combo ability. To quote SmashWiki
This new mechanic is one of the most controversial additions to Brawl[.]
Now this thing is not confirmed to be happening or not happening by any means, and it could obviously change later in development, but checking its current status wouldn't hurt. Especially if dev team actually analyses the way people play the game (which probably will happen at E3).

As of Smash Taunts, we're talking conversations here.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Ugh... why it would crash the game if they aren't ready? This is a demo build ready to be played not a beta build which would be an early build of the game. We'll probably have a version suited for us and so, they would remove completely unfinished features here.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As for the air dodges I think there was something going on in that Mario vs Sonic footage in the direct. Mario certainly was air dodging a lot. Does it look like he's dodging out of stun?

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Something to keep in mind is that this is a demo of a game still under developement, depending on player feedback subtle changes to gameplay may be altared between the demo and the actual release of the game. Also this is me just being my cynical self, but I wouldn't be expecting more than 3 alternate costumes, however I'm sure there's gonna be more in the actual release of the game. The good news to all of this is if there is anything dissapointing (which I highly doubt) there's a strong chance that it won't be the case in the final product

Last edited:

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
As for the air dodges I think there was something going on in that Mario vs Sonic footage in the direct. Mario certainly was air dodging a lot. Does it look like he's dodging out of stun?
Possibly, but then there was Sonic vs Marth in which Sonic pulled off an impressive looking combo involving 4 moves that looked like Marth couldn't air dodge out of. And there where also abunch of combos in the Greninja trailer.

Edit: Oops, sorry if this counts as a double post, is there a way to fuse this reply with my last comment?:c

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's one. Are any victory themes changed?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
One thing I'd like to see is how many Strength Training or Yoga Poses are involved in Miss Fit's moveset.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Here's one for ya. Is the result screen anything more than this?

Top Bottom