• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Checklist of things to Look for in Smash Demo

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I know a lot of us plan to go to Best Buys and experience Smash WiiU. I can't because I was born in the wrong country so I'll just make a list of things to look out for.

* Final Smashes of all characters.
* What the new moves of Sheik, Zamus and Zelda do. (Can Zelda move while the phantom is out or hold the charage for example)
* Does random tripping happen? (Mash the stick back and forth)
* What does the special flag do?
* Can Villager catch Pikachu's Thunder?
* What are Charizard's new moves? Answered by Miiverse
* How sensitive is the timing on WFT's breathing move?
* Alt costumes and how to get them.
* Stage Bosses and what they do. (Pyrosphere people)
* See how Final Destination option works
* Steal a copy and hack it
* Test out any brand new characters announced.
* How does Mega Evolution work?
* Character select screen.
* Figure out the Villager's frigging Bowling Ball attack.
* See all the newcomer taunts.
* Does Marth speak English?
* Does anyone have a new voice actor?
* Does Toon Link have any new changes at all?

Help me out here. What do you want to add to the check list?

Last edited:

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
You don't have to add this, but I personally what changes they made to the veteran Pokemon characters, if any. I hope I find them favorable!

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Like, what do we wanna see? I don't know man, how about how long it takes to fill Little Mac's power meter?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Seeing how the physics work and how easy it is to knock out other characters and vice versa.

Bobojack

Smash Apprentice
Of course all the technical details too, such as: hitstun, roll speed, landing lag and allready existed techniques like DACUS, l-cancel, DI... After you tried all these techniques: Start playing and have fun! ;p

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'd recommend quickly looking through your characters alternate colors to see if there's any costumes.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
HITSTUN.

That should be priority número uno, imo. We need to what degree combos exist in this game.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Can Rosalina summon Lumas after one died?

I know we had a pic in December saying this, but new confirmation would be great.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Guys, try to film your matches with a 60 fps camera so we can potentially check frame data.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Try to keep an ear/eye out for the music. Hopefully if it's like Brawl the game will tell us the name of the song that's playing when the starts, so at the very least we'll know which songs are in the game.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Try out the different modes, that are available, to see if a newcomer is shown in the demo.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
God I hope the people at my Best Buy won't be like NOITEMS FOX ONLT FINAL DESTINATION!!!
Also we won't have too much as it is a demo.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I know a lot of us plan to go to Best Buys and experience Smash WiiU. I can't because I was born in the wrong country so I'll just make a list of things to look out for.

* Final Smashes of all characters.
* What the new moves of Sheik, Zamus and Zelda do. (Can Zelda move while the phantom is out or hold the charage for example)
* Does random tripping happen? (Mash the stick back and forth)
* What does the special flag do?
* Can Villager catch Pikachu's Thunder?
* What are Charizard's new moves?
* How sensitive is the timing on WFT's breathing move?
* Alt costumes and how to get them.
* Stage Bosses and what they do.

Help me out here. What do you want to add to the check list?
Add ''Play on Pyrosphere''' to the list plz.....
(-_-)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I will be attending E3, already got my ticket. And I will definitely get there hours early and basically stay at the Nintendo booth all day, so if you guys want me to test something specific out that doesn't involve an specific character then tell me. (I will be picking the character's I like the most and might not be able to test specific character questions). I went for E3 2013 and lines were just 5-15 minutes between each game (if any), so in 1 day I will probably be able to play 20+ matches probably (unless there is a much larger influx of people for some reason).

Things I will test the very first second I get the game:

Physics, how fast can you fall.

Momentum retention, how fast does the game move

Hitstun, can you cancel it? Can you combo with it?

Launch trajectories, is it still ******** like Brawl or was it fixed

Ledge magnets, same as above

DI, not afraid that this is gone but one never knows

L-Cancel, is it back?

Dashdancing, is it useful again like in Melee?

Crouch Cancelling, is it back?

How fast can characters act out of rolls dodges and dashes

How much invincibility do you gain from a dodge/air dodge/roll

What actions can you perform out of shields

Past Techs, DACUS, Wavedashing, etc, is there any way for me to perform one of these techniques?

How does the new ledge mechanics work

After this I will just play it out and try and figure out the newcomers that I like the most.

Anything specific I missed?

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
How badass is Bowser, really?
Spam Greninja's taunt he did on the stick in the Pikmin Stage
Charizard Ridley alternate costume :)
How weak is Little Mac in the air forreals? Is it a lost cause to even attempt?
Gasm over FD

Oh, and attempting every single AT or glitch known in Smash from a wavedash, L-Cancel, wall tech, Dacus, B reversal, etc.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I will be attending E3, already got my ticket. And I will definitely get there hours early and basically stay at the Nintendo booth all day, so if you guys want me to test something specific out that doesn't involve an specific character then tell me. (I will be picking the character's I like the most and might not be able to test specific character questions). I went for E3 2013 and lines were just 5-15 minutes between each game (if any), so in 1 day I will probably be able to play 20+ matches probably (unless there is a much larger influx of people for some reason).

Things I will test the very first second I get the game:

Physics, how fast can you fall.

Momentum retention, how fast does the game move

Hitstun, can you cancel it? Can you combo with it?

Launch trajectories, is it still ******** like Brawl or was it fixed

Ledge magnets, same as above

DI, not afraid that this is gone but one never knows

L-Cancel, is it back?

Past Techs, DACUS, Wavedashing, etc, is there any way for me to perform one of these techniques?

After this I will just play it out and try and figure out the newcomers that I like the most.

Anything specific I missed?
A lot of the footage we've seen has characters acting really quickly out dashes and rolls. Maybe you could see what's up with that. Also how those new ledge hogging mechanics work.

SnappyJ

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnappyJ
We should be sure to check out how the new ledge mechanics work since they haven't been shown in action yet!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
We should cooperate and try to get as many people to determine each character's moves. It's kinda early to figure that out though, considering the chaos that was last year's demos.

I'll definitely do Pit though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Before calling dibs on a character, remember that not all of them will be playable. Kirby is prime target to be left out due to his hats needing extra work.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
If it's at my local Best Buy, I'll try to have a friend go with me and record my match.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Before calling dibs on a character, remember that not all of them will be playable. Kirby is prime target to be left out due to his hats needing extra work.
The game would basically be done, character wise. August is basically the last point that SSB3D could come out, and it takes a month or so to print up copies for stores. E3 is in June, then they could keep working into July, but only until a month before their release date. So about a month, and I imagine the last month is balancing and bugtesting.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
As much Wii U specific stuff as possible. Stuff to do with stages, etc., mainly. We'll be getting the full 3DS data a lot sooner, after all.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
As much Wii U specific stuff as possible. Stuff to do with stages, etc., mainly. We'll be getting the full 3DS data a lot sooner, after all.

If stages are selectable I will play on Pyrosphere as the very first stage I play on. I am not even a big Ridley fan but the curiosity is just killing me.

Last edited:
Whether or not I actually go to E3 is iffy, but I'll definitely be going to the best buy event and will be collecting data along the same lines as Raykz, if possible, I'll try to get footage with my iPod. The camera is pretty solid.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
If stages are selectable I will play on Pyrosphere as the very first stage I play on. I am not even a big Ridley fan but the curiosity is just killing me.
Btw how did you get a ticket? Don't you need to have a career with some correlation to the gaming industry?

Also, ask the reps as many questions as possible.

ProfTrumanchez

Smash Cadet
NNID
ProfTrumanchez
3DS FC
0731-4753-9860
Curious as hell to see Olimar's moveset alterations in motion, he's the biggest one that I'm interested in. Hopefully he can still hold his own!

Top Bottom