• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheap pokemon move sets

drcossack

Smash Ace
Two Darkrai's on the same field that learn Dark Void to put both your Pokemon to sleep and with Dreameater, Nightmare, and Dark Pulse. And lose twice as much damage because of both Darkrai's special. )=
That, but you'll only see it in Ubers.

I frequently employ that strat in Plat. Dark Void, Nightmare, then Nasty Plot until first Pokemon dies. Repeat, only this time, I use Dark Pulse to instantly kill subsequent Pokemon. For Shoddy, I replaced Nightmare with Sub to ensure I get some Plots off.

I've 6-0'd in Ubers using that set. It's cheesy as hell, but it's effective if your opponent is too dumb to switch out, 'cause Sleep Clause ruins the strategy.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Scizor was the most commonly used Pokemon in Shoddy Standard ladder in April. There'll be many people packing Scizor counters.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
-Spore
-Stun Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

Combination of double powder, subpunching, and really gay healing. Totally walled by Ghosts, but that's what Spore is for.
Why yes, that is my "That's Gay" Set from the strategy Pokedex :laugh:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Why yes, that is my "That's Gay" Set from the strategy Pokedex :laugh:
I can think of worse. From experience.

Abomasnow hailstorm +

Clefable w/ leftovers
protect
substitute
cosmic power
softboiled

Clefable uses these attacks to out stall you as you slowly die from hail or run out of pp. Doesn't work against ice types and other clefables, and possibly not the best move set, but thats what variations on the moveset are for. Such as this:

(In blizzard conditions)

Clefable@leftovers/toxic orb
protect/substitute/toxic
cosmic power
soft boiled
Flamethrower/Blizzard/brick break/Facade

Toxic works mostly because I'm pretty sure only Clefable is immune to both hail and poison.

D

Deleted member

if you say chomp has a 180 BP move, scizor has a 90 BP move.

scizor can also afford to invest in its defenses much more than garchomp can simply by not needing it in speed.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I said a 180 power move, not BP, im aware of the BP of outrage.

Scizor being able to max his HP doesn't change the fact that to the most common walls, Bullet Punch isn't a huge threat. And it's special defense is still such amazing garbage that any reasonably powerful Fire Blast can expect to do :092: amounts of damage.

chize

Smash Apprentice
i dont care if this is obsolete but my favorite moveset is freaking bellyzard. once started, charizard's power level goes over 9000 and he is able to wipe out entire parties with ease. the three attacks allow him to kill almost every pokemon (im only familiar up to emerald version) with one hit. only drawback is that his health must be 1/4 or less in order to activate the berry. otherwise, bellyzard is unstoppable!

salac berry

belly drum

earthquake

hidden power (flying)

fire blast/overheat

substitute and fire punch for the newer versions i guess

chize

Smash Apprentice
you get the point, but his atk is actually over 900 when bellydrum is used which is more than a lot of pokemon can handle

chize

Smash Apprentice
thats sad to hear, is snorlax still a beast? pokemon has changed so much since i stopped playing

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It's still good, especially late game. It's just not as "safe" as it used to be. That's because there's way more strong physical attacks flying around, so Snorlax has a harder time switching in. Also it's not as good of a special sponge anymore since special attackers have new tricksies (plotters, focus blast, trick passers), so people tend to go for sturdier things like Blissey.

The same thing kinda happened to Suicune.

SpelignFial

Smash Apprentice
Where spelling doesn't count for anything.
Dueling shuckles! Yay!
no see i had dueling ninjasks and blisseys in the same match those are way more annoying then dueling shuckles and where would i go to find illegal move sets.

chize said:
i dont care if this is obsolete but my favorite moveset is freaking bellyzard. once started, charizard's power level goes over 9000 and he is able to wipe out entire parties with ease. the three attacks allow him to kill almost every pokemon (im only familiar up to emerald version) with one hit. only drawback is that his health must be 1/4 or less in order to activate the berry. otherwise, bellyzard is unstoppable!

salac berry

belly drum

earthquake

hidden power (flying)

fire blast/overheat

substitute and fire punch for the newer versions i guess
I put endure on it and it has worked well for me.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
no see i had dueling ninjasks and blisseys in the same match those are way more annoying then dueling shuckles and where would i go to find illegal move sets.

I put endure on it and it has worked well for me.
I do not think it would work well against my new team.

I made it by combining the ideas I heard in this thread with weather conditions :)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Celebi @ Leftovers
- Leech Seed
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Grass Knot

Urp.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Psycho, she was talking to Niiro.
Unless you ARE Niiro.:laugh:
I still love that battle in XD where you fight six Ninjask in a row...
That was pretty creative.
Well, they said you ALL

It sounded more like they were agreeing with Niiro

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
First off, the one we all know,

Breloom
Sky Uppercut
Focus Punch
Spore
Substitute

Then

Jynx
Lovely Kiss
Mean Look
Perish Song
Taunt

Not to mention

Sceptile
Protect
Substitute
Leach Seed
Toxic

What are the cheapest pokemon move sets out there?
Wait...that Breloom would be no match for a ghost-type...

I'd counter the Jynx with another ghost-type with Insomnia and the Mean Look move right back at it.

As for the Sceptile, just use a Grass/Poison type like Venusaur. =/

WouW

Smash Lord
Not like any ghost can actually do anything to it when it's asleep and set-up fodder for another pokés.

I'd counter the Jynx with another ghost-type with Insomnia and the Mean Look move right back at it.
Hard to Mean Look back when you're taunted. All you could do is hit it, but the Perish Song counter could prove troublesome as you must 2HKO it to not die.

Not everyone has those on their teams.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not like any ghost can actually do anything to it when it's asleep and set-up fodder for another pokés.

Hard to Mean Look back when you're taunted. All you could do is hit it, but the Perish Song counter could prove troublesome as you must 2HKO it to not die.

Can Mismagius be used good in OU as a Perish trap?

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I particularly dislike anything with Spore or Hypnosis. Luckily, Breloom, Parasect, and Smeargle are the only things that carry Spore. As for Hypnosis, the drop in accuracy doesn't make it as much of a problem for me as it used to be.

Wrath`

Smash Master
chomp is countered by hitting it. I swear chomp is only banned cause people suck at fighting it.

I can't wait till every scizor is occa berry or CB

I beat a G-chomp with a tyranitar with dragonclaw, nuff said, even tho they are very annoying.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I beat a G-chomp with a tyranitar with dragonclaw, nuff said, even tho they are very annoying.
lol. what's ur point? alot of the things im reading here make me want to cry
edit:
Well, they said you ALL

It sounded more like they were agreeing with Niiro
who wouldn't agree with me?
Agility Subpetaya Empoleon.
no. that set has only worked once on me, and that's only when 0RLy was still showing me how to play. I admit, it can be problematic if it sets up, but keyword: if. a ****load of pokemon can be a pain in the *** if you let them to set up.

lol. i kinda like how on the first part, you stated the obvious, and the other 2 parts, you meantioned 2 pokemon that are never seen in OU, unless you are weird.

i <3 you.
Can Mismagius be used good in OU as a Perish trap?
I guess. Perish trapping itself is pretty....unrealiable? it is really just a waste of a team space imo. but what does this have to do with the topic?

randomness_FTW!

Smash Cadet
Togekiss (Calm Nature) w/Leftovers or Lum Berry
Abllity: Serene Grace
-Body Slam/Thunder Wave
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Aura Sphere/Nasty Plot/Subsitute
60% flinch chance w/air slash + paralysis = instant cheapness

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Heracross says hi. :)
Just wanted to point out that Heracross usage is so low that people are saying it might go down to UU.

Togekiss (Calm Nature) w/Leftovers or Lum Berry
Abllity: Serene Grace
-Body Slam/Thunder Wave
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Aura Sphere/Nasty Plot/Subsitute
60% flinch chance w/air slash + paralysis = instant cheapness
Rotom-S @ Leftovers
Modest / Levitate
Discharge
Confuse Ray
Air Slash
Shadow Ball

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Togekiss @ King's Rock
Modest / Serene Grace
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam

Basically, flinch, paralysis and potential freeze (not all at once though) is b0rken as Meta Knight. Until you send out someone with Inner Focus. =)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Togekiss @ King's Rock
Modest / Serene Grace
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
Colin just confirmed that you have a whooping extra 4% chance to flinch. Woah!

Luck Items are normally banned in competitive play.
It's not luck, it gives a constant +10% flinch chance (which is hen dependent on luck). Quick Claw is a better example of a luck item.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Smeargle@Focus Sash
Spore
Endeavor
Extreme Speed / Dragon Rage / Vacuum Wave
Destiny Bond (Or whatever)

You either baton pass from Ninjask or just bring him up after you've been downed a pokémon.
You spore, you endeavor, you do one of the 3 moves stated above. Dragon rage is better than vacuum wave in that you'll do 40 damage, and only Blissey with leftovers won't die from the hit (HP built Bliss) It's a question of choice. Destiny Bond is just a gay move if you baton passed speed from Ninjask. This strategy has like 1000 flaws like ghost types and weather effects and priority etc but it's still really really gay

Edit : Thanks WouW its Ninjask, not Shedinja :3

SecretBro229

Smash Rookie
I use this competitively

Smeargle
Spore(Puts most Pokémon to sleep)
V-Create (Spore has no effect on grass)
Imprison(Can't use moves target shares with user)
Transform(After Imprison, opposing Pokémon can only use struggle)

Top Bottom