• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Palette Swap Thread

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Blue, Purple, Gold, Silver, standard. I like the way the green looks in the render, but hate the way it looks in game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm probably gonna use Brawl's "Blue" palette swap.

I'm gonna miss my white-wing 'Zard palette swap. ;_; Though I guess it's not too dissimilar from shiny Charmander/meleon.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I'd use every palette except perhaps the 5th palette. It almost looks like the exact same palette Charizard had in Brawl when he was on the Blue team. (In fact, it looks just like it).:ohwell:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ Masonomace Masonomace Actually, that's the fourth Palette Swap. The fifth one is the gold one. But yeah, that is true that it is the Blue Team alt from Brawl. But I think it's a good thing they brought it back, since I'm sure that for every palette swap, there's someone out there who really likes it. :)
And plus, we did get a new, true blue alt on top of it.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm content with Vanillazard. That is, the default, as with any other character.

Suppose if it's a mirror match and some scumbag would give it up, I'll take the white one.

Edit - After posting this, I realized @Lizardon has the same colour preference as me. Ah, some things we cannot help. ♥

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ Masonomace Masonomace Actually, that's the fourth Palette Swap. The fifth one is the gold one. But yeah, that is true that it is the Blue Team alt from Brawl. But I think it's a good thing they brought it back, since I'm sure that for every palette swap, there's someone out there who really likes it. :)
And plus, we did get a new, true blue alt on top of it.
Oh, right. My mistake. My math that post was derp n slurp.:p I'm curious why that returned alone & not the white one from Brawl. The counter-reply to that would just be his green-esque, red-esque, & white-esque palettes got a make-over to the extreme. Which I'm okay with.:shades:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I want to punch literally everyone who says his 8th palette is Ridley

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Just for the record: Wrong shade of purple, wrong shade of green. NES Ridley is BRIGHT, both of them. The muted shades here represent Charizard's original shining palette.

Which is exactly WHY I want to punch them all

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Charmeleon ones looks hella cool.
Lets see there's

Default: Charizard
Red: Charmeleon
Green: Shiny Dragonite
Yellow: Dragonite/Shiny Charmeleon
Really? I thought that was a Lugia color. :p
I thought that was a Mewtwo color.

I like the Yellow one, Dragonite is my favorite Pokémon and Clair is my favorite Gym Leader of all time, she looks like a boss and has Dragonbreathe.

Didn't Clair have a Charizard in Heartgold and Soulsilver?

I just noticed the blue one does resemble Hydreigon, Heil Lord Ghetsis, PLAAAASMAAA!

Last edited:

El Cid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2277-7962-6585
Really don't know what's wrong with Sakurai, guys. The only Pokemon that actually gets his shiny form is Greninja. Pikachu sort of too, but shiny Pikachu doesn't look any different from regular Pikachu anyway so who cares. I love that Charizard is his own character now, but why can't he get his shiny form as a palette swap? Mewtwo got it in Melee! /rant

I'm sure this horse has already been beaten within an inch of his life here, but I'm just kind of miffed. Is it just because Mega Charizard X is also black? I mean there has to be some kind of reason...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Really don't know what's wrong with Sakurai, guys. The only Pokemon that actually gets his shiny form is Greninja. Pikachu sort of too, but shiny Pikachu doesn't look any different from regular Pikachu anyway so who cares. I love that Charizard is his own character now, but why can't he get his shiny form as a palette swap? Mewtwo got it in Melee! /rant

I'm sure this horse has already been beaten within an inch of his life here, but I'm just kind of miffed. Is it just because Mega Charizard X is also black? I mean there has to be some kind of reason...
Lucario didn't get his shiny?

I thought Shiny Lucario was green?

Anyway I guess it went in favor of classic Gold and Silver shiny which was purple, not black, in which unfortunately is not the popular choice, but I think that one blue color swap they kept from Brawl could of been ditched in favor of the black shiny.

El Cid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2277-7962-6585
I thought Shiny Lucario was green?
No, he's like gold and stuff. I'll have to look more closely at his green palette. From the image on the character select screen it didn't look like his shiny. I didn't actually think about purple Charizard, but that's a really good point. I forgot all about that. Incidentally, whenever I use Charizard he's always that palette. Maybe it's subconscious.

But seriously, who actually had a shiny Charizard back in G/S, let alone any shiny at all other than Gyarados? I mean, I had a shiny Hitmonlee and I knew a kid with a shiny Tyranitar, but a shiny Charizard? Come on. No one had one.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
My favorite is the blue one! It reminds me of Salamence or Golbat.

I was originally gonna use the yellowish one, but you can barely tell the difference in him and the default orange. Maybe it'll be more apparent in Wii U?

And @ TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk there's a shiny Lucario swap in PM. It's goldish colored.

PF9

Smash Lord
If we ever get extra palette swaps as DLC, I'd like a black one for Charizard with yellow eyes, so that Charizard can resemble Toothless from HTTYD somewhat.

Top Bottom