• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Palette Swap Thread

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Y will always be superior, he actually looks like an evolution of Charizard. X just looks like some kid scribbled all over my Charizard playing cards.
That is hardly a fair statement, never-mind that the likability of each mega charizard is subjective.

0/10.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Actually did you know Shiny Mega Charizard does have a Salamence color scheme, therefore Salamence would fit perfectly.

I'd like his red color to be one based off Charmeleon, I love Charmeleon's red color.

If this were to happen, its better than nothing, Mega Charizard Y kind of looks like Ridley somewhat.

Still I hope for the real Ridley.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure everyone and their grandmother has suggested shiny Charizard, so I won't talk about how I want that costume.

How about a gray Charizard wearing a fedora with purple flames on its tail? (Face it, you'd like that costume, wouldn't you?)

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm sure everyone and their grandmother has suggested shiny Charizard, so I won't talk about how I want that costume.

How about a gray Charizard wearing a fedora with purple flames on its tail? (Face it, you'd like that costume, wouldn't you?)
I prefer that unlike silly Pikachu, that Charizard does not wear any hats, not all Pokémon wear hats you know.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Here is a rather poorly made palette swap I've created.
Please excuse the low quality; it is my first attempt at making a palette swap so it is quite unpolished.
Basically, I intended it to resemble Flygon:

Turned out awful, but you get the idea. Thoughts on a palette swap along these lines?
If we could get somebody to touch this up some more to make it resemble Flygon closer......

@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon

......Then this would be the best color.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Mewtwo's Charizard is really the only "costume" option. Unless they want to just make something up which could be cool or horrid.

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711
Mewtwo's Charizard would work. Shiny Charizard, maybe. I wouldn't mind seeing Shiny MegaZard X if there was a Shiny Charizard.
I also wouldn't mind Charizard getting colors of other Pokemon, like a Garchomp Charizard or a Yveltal Charizard or something. I dunno.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Ash's Charizard. No visual difference, he just falls asleep while you wonder if something is wrong with your controller.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Ridley.

Why?

Because it's completely doable... and I doubt Ridley's getting into Smash as playable character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley.

Why?

Because it's completely doable... and I doubt Ridley's getting into Smash as playable character.
Ridley has incredibly different proportions to Charizard, not to mention he doesn't have anything to do with Zard.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ridley.

Why?

That sounds completely asinine, no offense. I doubt Sakurai would seriously do that, even if he felt that Ridley wasn't a feasible character.

Besides, they're completely different in terms of appearance.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If for some reason we don't get Mewtwo then I want Mewizard.

He's too good. Have you seen his stats? He even has one of the most diverse movepools in the game. It'd be like gluing Fox and Meta-Knight together.

D

Deleted Member

8 alts confirmed for each Pokémon makes me very happy.

Can't wait to see Charizard wearing various hats.
I can't see Charizard wearing hats due to there being too little room on his head (horns), and it would be rather unfitting (Pika/Jiggs need it for "coloration"). However, 8 alts might just leave room for Shiny Charizard!

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze

The Zard is in this match. It looks like he actually has an Areodactyl inspired color swap!

D

Deleted Member

Apparently Shiny Charizard is in! Red, Yellow, Gray, Blue, and Dark Red (idk if this is the same as Red) are also present, and Green is probably back too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope the green team Charizard is based off of Flygon. That'd be sick.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

The Zard is in this match. It looks like he actually has an Areodactyl inspired color swap!
The color swap! It's amazing! Better than the one that we have in Project M! It's hard as heck to follow the player because of the ****ty camera, but thanks for sharing this.

Lizardon approves. :4charizard:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Any photographic evidence for any of these palette swaps? The one in the vid looks freakin' sick, from what I can make out, but I really need to see Shiny Zard.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yo that Charidactyl color is SICK.

Need to see the dark red one. Looks freaking cool in my head.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Charizard is said to have a purple color in Smash 4... Everybody, prepare for the Ridley manhunt as well as some hate from Ridley fans. :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Charizard is said to have a purple color in Smash 4... Everybody, prepare for the Ridley manhunt as well as some hate from Ridley fans. :p
I believe that one was stated to be either Charizard's Gen II Shiny Sprite, or is actually the Aerodactyl one we're seeing here.

Regardless, don't start trouble, and there won't be trouble. Capiche? My comrades would be most unwise to be the ones behaving so uncouth.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I believe that one was stated to be either Charizard's Gen II Shiny Sprite, or is actually the Aerodactyl one we're seeing here.

Regardless, don't start trouble, and there won't be trouble. Capiche? My comrades would be most unwise to be the ones behaving so uncouth.
Well, that Aerodactyl one is light gray and the reports from Japan have said that he has both a gray color and a purple color. I checked my sources and yes it is the Gen 2 swap or the actual Shiny Charizard that we have seen in the Pokemon games that is the said purple color.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

Rad colors

Purple shiny Charizard from G/S/C > the lame modern one.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Ummmm, why do we already have another purple Charizard when we have the purple shiny version from Gen 2?...

Top Bottom